PDA

View Full Version : What's lost in all of this: Stupid penalties

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2011, 11:22 AM
How many times did the Bills have 2nd and 20 or more instead of 2nd and 4 because of holding penalties? At one point I think they had a 1st and 30. You aren't going to win football games with anyone as your QB, RB, WR or any other part of your offense if you are in those types of situations multiple times a game.

This team has fallen apart in every facet of the game. I'm starting to wonder if, sigh, another house cleaning of the coaching staff is needed.

OpIv37
12-19-2011, 11:36 AM
yeah the announcers kept pointing out how bad the Bills were on 3rd down, but they didn't mention that most of our 3rd downs were 3rd and REALLY long. We had a couple of 3rd and 14's and at least one 3rd and 20+.

The Bills sucked on 3rd down, but the real reason was penalties and sloppy play on 1st and 2nd down that put them in near impossible situations on 3rd down.

SABURZFAN
12-19-2011, 03:45 PM
no doubt. it got to the point where they were better off punting the ball on 3rd down because you afraid that Fitzpatrick was going to throw an INT.

ParanoidAndroid
12-19-2011, 04:10 PM
And that's exactly how the run game got killed.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Seems whenever the Bills put together i nice drive, a penalty kills it.

BLeonard
12-19-2011, 04:40 PM
The thing is, even if they did fire all of the coaches, it's not like the Front Office is gonna suddenly pony up and spend the money it takes to get a good coaching staff in place. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me for them to bring in Joe Paterno next, simply because Paterno was around when Ralph was still in grade school.

-Bill

TigerJ
12-19-2011, 10:25 PM
I think everyone noticed all the penalties. The question is, why were there so many? A few were out of desperation. Erik Pears clearly struggled against Cameron Wake. A few were questionable calls, but most were just lack of discipline. Chris Kelsay's post game comments were really telling in my opinion. This team has just wilted with the losing streak. Without getting into the issue of whether there should be a coaching change, Gailey has to be held accountable for the lack of mental toughness.

jamze132
12-20-2011, 03:10 AM
yeah the announcers kept pointing out how bad the Bills were on 3rd down, but they didn't mention that most of our 3rd downs were 3rd and REALLY long. We had a couple of 3rd and 14's and at least one 3rd and 20+.

The Bills sucked on 3rd down, but the real reason was penalties and sloppy play on 1st and 2nd down that put them in near impossible situations on 3rd down.
Buffalo was like 0-23 or something on 3rd downs against Miami this year. That is absolutely inexcusable.

The coaches do not have have our talentless players in the right mindset. There are way too many mental errors taking place all over the field for 60 min every week. By WK15, one would think that a player who has played for several seasons in the same position wouldn't be having mental lapses. But you get what you pay for.

BertSquirtgum
12-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Terrible coaches. Fire them all.

zone
12-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Penalties is not this teams issue, I think we may even be the least penalized team in the league. It was a problem on Sunday but the season is over.

MattyNH
12-20-2011, 03:17 PM
The Bills were the least penalized team going into this game. It looked to me like they the majority of the team is just not that into the games anymore, they are coasting. The golf clubs are polished, the end is near.