X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

running game anybody?

I completely understand abandoning the running game when you'er down two scores late in the fourth quarter.

What I continue to fail to understand is why we seem to abandon it when we're down by less than a touchdown early in the second quarter?!?!

Am I completely off base or wtf is going on?
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: running game anybody?

Because you can't run the ball when it's 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 30. Hell, even when it's 1st and 20 like it was multiple times it's tough to run.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221
      I completely understand abandoning the running game when you'er down two scores late in the fourth quarter.

What I continue to fail to understand is why we seem to abandon it when we're down by less than a touchdown early in the second quarter?!?!

Am I completely off base or wtf is going on?
      Not at all. I'll pick a figure, and say that 75% of the league's OCs - for many years - panic, and decide that it's a passing league and don't keep up with the run.

They go with the popular flow. Some clubs don't - and are consistent winners.
      Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-19-2011, 04:14 PM.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

"Gailey completely abandoned the run." This is false and I've been reading it in many threads....

The first posession of the second half started with 2 running plays, the second of which came with a holding penalty. Should have been 3rd and short or close to a first down but second and long instead.

The second was a 1st down pass that was intercepted. Nice play by Davis.

The 3rd posession went run, pass, run, run. The last run came with another holding penalty setting up second and long again. Gotta go to the pass.

So far that's 5 run and 2 pass.

Nex posession, gave upa sack making it 2nd and long.

Then they went no-huddle and had Miami on thier heels with quick passes ending in a touchdown.

Did he abandon the run or did he change tack the get something going?

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Chan has been abandoning the run all season long, even when Freddy was at his best, the man refused to commit to running the ball.

He continues to force feed his stupid spread offense on everyone, even though it's been obvious for months now that he's been figured out.

I have nothing against Chan, but he's a horrible coach.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Luisito23
            Chan has been abandoning the run all season long, even when Freddy was at his best, the man refused to commit to running the ball.

He continues to force feed his stupid spread offense on everyone, even though it's been obvious for months now that he's been figured out.

Ok. You can say that, or you can read the play-by-play.

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
              Ok. You can say that, or you can read the play-by-play.
              I recall a lot of instances in the first half where we were passing in what I thought should be running situations... I think that's where he was going with this.

Comment

• Fixxxer
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23

First quarter, Bills up 7-0

1st and 10 - Spiller for 9 yards
                2nd and 1 - Spiller for no gain - blitzing Phins safety - team failed to see him and act accordingly.
                3rd and 1 - Choice fumbles a direct snap

We punt, big return by Bess and you could see the momentum shifting.

I get that Gailey put the blinders on at times and go pass heavy but sometimes players need to ****ing execute the plays.

Since the last game won, we can't even execute a screen pass properly, Fitz is the leader, if he feels overwhelmed he needs to talk to his HC, if he thinks we're getting to one dimensional he needs to change plays at the LOS and feed the ball to his RB.

He was the man needed to step up in this losing streak and his presence on the field is shrinking by the minute.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍