12-20-2011, 09:15 AM
One of these years we won't have 10 plus starters on this list. :pray:

What are we up to (in total) now...14?
What # does Fitz wear?
ok, forget that last part. :ill:

ugh!

OpIv37
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
The injuries are just excuses. Getting guys back off injury isn't going to make Fitz's throws more accurate or teach Stevie to catch or teach our DB's to cover a TE or make our LB's be able to rush the passer.

TigerJ
12-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm trying to think of all the starters on IR. On offense there is Eric Wood, Donald Jones and Fred Jackson, who were starters in the first game of the season. On Defense we have Shawne Merriman, Terrence McGee and Kyle Williams. By my count, that makes six starters on IR, seven if you add Rian Lindell as a special teams starter. Roscoe Parrish is a slot receiver, which is technically not a starter. Torrel Troup is a pretty important backup, but not a starter. I'll grant you that Eric Wood, Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams are pretty important core players for this team. A lot of us thought Donald Jones was a borderline starter at best. Shawne Merriman hasn't contributed anything to the Bills at this point. We just hoped he might do something. And we half expected Terrence McGee would go down given his recent history with the Bills. Everyone else consists of fringe players and role players that a team should be able to replace with little difficulty.

mybills
12-21-2011, 07:18 AM
TJ, the point is that every year we have to deal with massive amounts of injuries. Forget starters, just the IR list alone compared to most other teams is consistantly too many year after year. It's obsured!

OP, I disagree..injuries are the coaches excuse for sucking! lol.

stuckincincy
12-21-2011, 07:53 AM
One of these years we won't have 10 plus starters on this list. :pray:

What are we up to (in total) now...14?
What # does Fitz wear?
ok, forget that last part. :ill:

ugh!

Here be the list:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries/pup

I don't know why Woods isn't listed.

Mr. Pink
12-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Every team suffers injuries. Good teams can still compete and win even if their top players go down.

Look at the Texans. 2 of their top 3 offensive players have been out for extended periods - Schaub and Johnson. They're on a third string QB presently. And they lost their top defensive player for the year.

By the logic that teams losing players to injuries they go to crap, the Texans should be 5-9 at best right now too.

stuckincincy
12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Every team suffers injuries. Good teams can still compete and win even if their top players go down.

Look at the Texans. 2 of their top 3 offensive players have been out for extended periods - Schaub and Johnson. They're on a third string QB presently. And they lost their top defensive player for the year.

By the logic that teams losing players to injuries they go to crap, the Texans should be 5-9 at best right now too.

Yes they lost Williams and Schaub The one-game Leinart - big deal. Johnson in and out - not good, but nothing that other teams don't deal with. Most of their IR list are scrubs who went out before the season started. And they report NO OL or DL. losses. The Texans have been very lucky re injuries.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-22-2011, 06:47 AM
One of these years the Bills will actually install FieldTurf or natural grass instead of these cheap knockoffs they keep seeming to want to install every time. Then maybe NFL players will stay healthy and want to come here.