PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question - Did the Bills team Quit?

unpaid_bills
12-20-2011, 09:17 AM
hate to say it and hope its not true but I say Yes

Body language says alot It is hard to fathom that professional athletes in top peak physical condition get overmatched and pushed around week after week.

Clean house and rid yourself of the losing mentality yet again

On the Cut List
1) Florence
2) McElvin
3) Kelsay - yes we just paid him
4) Fitz - yes we just paid him
5) McGeee
6) Parrish

I am not a cap-logist but i will wager there are some of the highest paid plaers on our team - ALL would struggle to start and/or make another NFL roster.

Scary part Whitner, Maybin, and Poz would be good to have right now when we were all running them out of town.

Pinkerton Security
12-20-2011, 09:24 AM
i dont think they quit, per se...they lost their swagger and confidence, and I dont think thats the same thing. They may have been holding their heads a little bit but I dont think they quit.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
No, they are just not any good. Poor Talent.

TigerJ
12-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I don't think it was necessarily a conscious decision, but I think morale is very bad right now and the defeatism on the part of a lot of the players, including our quarterback, has become a self-fulfilling prophesy that hangs around the collective neck of the team dragging it down.

Extremebillsfan247
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
They lost a lot of the key players that were instrumental in the 5-2 run earlier in the season to injury. What is left are mostly remnants from previous bad seasons, and backups to backups. I don't think they've quit as much as just being simply over matched from a talent perspective team wide right now with the exception of just a hand full. JMO

cgbm
12-20-2011, 10:51 AM
hate to say it and hope its not true but I say Yes

Body language says alot It is hard to fathom that professional athletes in top peak physical condition get overmatched and pushed around week after week.

Clean house and rid yourself of the losing mentality yet again

On the Cut List
1) Florence
2) McElvin
3) Kelsay - yes we just paid him
4) Fitz - yes we just paid him
5) McGeee
6) Parrish

I am not a cap-logist but i will wager there are some of the highest paid plaers on our team - ALL would struggle to start and/or make another NFL roster.

Scary part Whitner, Maybin, and Poz would be good to have right now when we were all running them out of town.

we should deff clean house and cut the dead weight.

but im not sure about cutting our top 3 cb's, granted they havent played well.

florance has played decent and has been a big part of our good plays however few they are.

and mcgee is a return man. PUT HIM BACK THERE. remember when he was one of the best in the league. oh yea we do but why wouldnt we put a slow qb aka. brad smith back there to return kicks. THAT MAKES SENCE.

SABURZFAN
12-20-2011, 02:40 PM
i don't think they quit. the injuries have shown that this team doesn't have the talent from their backup players to be competitive.

Luisito23
12-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't know about the Bills, but I know I quit.

unpaid_bills
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
let me rephrase -- they "layed down" Quit is probably a bit harsh. I just dont see the effort, hustle, competitiveness that you see week in week out with many other teams. Granted teams that get crushed and pushed around week after week, and are obviously overmatched.

You cant tell me these guys arent competitive and want to win at all costs. The Dolphins (and other teams) mock them talk trash, etc. With all that -- they simply look demoralized, and let the other team score didnt even try to make a play in my book that is quitting. I watched a game in person two weeks ago sitting right near the sideline i can tell you for sure a couple of the guys absolutely gave up i saw and heard myself-- they may have been tired, frustrated, beat down but they quit.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
I'll come right out and say it: they quit.

Mr. Pink
12-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Kelsay saying that the team doesn't believe it can win on any given Sunday basically means they've quit.

Major house cleaning should be done this offseason because if it isn't, we're sitting on another 4-5 win season.

unpaid_bills
12-21-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't think it was necessarily a conscious decision, but I think morale is very bad right now and the defeatism on the part of a lot of the players, including our quarterback, has become a self-fulfilling prophesy that hangs around the collective neck of the team dragging it down.

No question that is true. Other pro-sports teams lose in devastating fashiom, make mistakes -- but come back. The Bills seem to do this over and over.

They are Pros - the best in the business right? I honestly dont have any other way to explain it -- They are obviously putting in the time in the wieght room, practice, game prep -- However, in the games IMO they have simply given up at the end of several recent games (MIA twice, Dallas, SD) It is defintely a cultural mentality for the organization - from the Front Office to coaches to players they are the "under dog" the outkasts that nobody wanted, the media doesnt respect, a running joke around the league. In my opinion that along with the fact they are over matched almost every week -- they get down and then quit. Thats the way I see it just my opinion.