X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kishoph
    • Jun 2003

BILLS can Void Fitz's Contract

The Buffalo BILLS have an option to void Ryan Fitzpatrick's contract and make hima Free Agent in 2012. Get out the Void stamp ASAP.

This website is for sale! thepenaltyflagblog.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thepenaltyflagblog.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The Bills may be regretting the decision to give quarterback Ryan Fitzpatick a six-year, $59 million deal.
    Last edited by kishoph; 12-20-2011, 02:41 PM.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: BILLS can Void Fitz's Contract

the Beard Lickers are not going to like this.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• kishoph
      • Jun 2003

I had no idea they could do this, but I think it would be the right move, especially if his crappy plays continues the last 2 weeks.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

God damn ball washers

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by kishoph
          especially if his crappy plays continues the last 2 weeks.

Why should the last 2 meaningless weeks matter?

It it gonna overshadow his play for last few months, and end of last season?
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• kishoph
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23
            Why should the last 2 meaningless weeks matter?

It it gonna overshadow his play for last few months, and end of last season?

You're right.

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Cut him right after the Broncos game, just in case the release papers don't get lost or something.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

something will have to be done. i think if you handle it correctly, he is willing to get cut and sign a different contract to stay. I didn't read the links by the original poster, but i think it matters when the void can happen. if it can happen after the draft, that allows buffalo to play their cards closer.

if they have to void before draft, then they are going to can a QB who wasn't really that bad before they know if they have a replacement. and knowing how the bills operate, if no QB's are in the draft, they'll go into 2012 with Thigpen as the starter. and i'm pretty sure we'll end up hating 2012 a whole lot more than 2011.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  something will have to be done. i think if you handle it correctly, he is willing to get cut and sign a different contract to stay. I didn't read the links by the original poster, but i think it matters when the void can happen. if it can happen after the draft, that allows buffalo to play their cards closer.

if they have to void before draft, then they are going to can a QB who wasn't really that bad before they know if they have a replacement. and knowing how the bills operate, if no QB's are in the draft, they'll go into 2012 with Thigpen as the starter. and i'm pretty sure we'll end up hating 2012 a whole lot more than 2011.
                  They do this & we'll never see a good FA show up there for many years, it's a perilous fight.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

I'd like to know what the hell happened to him? Does he have a Jekyll & Hyde personality or something??? When do they have to void his contract by?

I'd say there's no choice but to do it. Let's hope we get low enough and that a decent top3 QB falls to us in the draft. We do need to go strong in FA then and get the OLB we need there (and maybe another in the 2nd rd)!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i'm not sure. you discuss this with him in advance. "you didn't really live up to the expectations of someone paid like that. And it wasn't close, i don't think you'd argue that."

then you give him the "but we want you on this team. A guy who can win 5 games against good teams and be in games in cincy and NY. that's a great back up. and you have a knowledge base that is enviable. We want to try this offense with someone with more athletic skill. You are a key component to coaching a player up like that. You do a good job with him here, it's an amazing transition to coaching and the like. Shall we renegotiate or do you want to be cut and try elsewhere to be a starter. Keep in mind your starter numbers aren't going to do anything but put you on another bad team in a dog fight. up to you."

i still think you need fitz. losman didn't have a fitz. Edwards didn't have a fitz. I think a young guy needs someone who gets it and can pass that on. Edwards doesn't have accuracy or arm strength. even in this losing streak, the play calling was there and he's off.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

It would cost the $10 Mill Bonus if they cut him & nothing more. They can keep him for next year for an additional $7.8 Mill & can pay him a $5 Mill option bonus if they want to, but they don't have to. Per Profootballtalk.com

Comment

• kishoph
                          • Jun 2003

Peter King talked about it today, the links I put up were from November, but today WGR made it sound like they can release him almost outright in March, I've been looking for the Peter King article or interview.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

I don't think there's anyway they release him in March. Even if they want to draft a qb in the first round, they're not going to release him before the draft. They would still keep him as the starter for one more season, or at least the start of next season and go from there.

I don't think we draft a qb early though. Gailey is not going to want to head into his third year basically starting over with a rookie qb. I think they'll make a strong push in free agency to add some key vets and depth, and try to use their first few picks on some impact players. Nix and Gailey need this team to improve next year and make a playoff run to keep their jobs. I just think it's too critical of a year for them to spend a top pick on a qb that may not be able to help them for a couple seasons.

I think they have made their bed with Fitzpatrick at least for one more season and will try to build around him. If they can make the playoffs, it buys them more time to justify keeping their jobs, and if Fitz does not seem like the answer, they can then look at drafting a young qb.

So whether we want or need a new qb may not matter to Nix and Gailey. Plus, I don't think we're going to end up picking high enough to have a shot at RGIII or Barkley. So they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they released Fitz and couldn't draft one of the top prospects.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                              • Feb 2005

fitz is not going anywhere. its too logical and obvious that we need a reall qb.. so obvious that the bills front office will no do it
                              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

Working...
                              X