PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills moved, how upset would you be?

Forward_Lateral
12-21-2011, 11:29 AM
I would be upset, personally, but not as upset as I would've been 10 or even 5 years ago. I think this team's ineptitude and joke of a roster year in and year out has disheartened me almost to the point where I hope they move so I don't have to suffer through being a blinded, loyal fan anymore.

How sad is it that I almost want them to move so I don't have to watch them lose every year? I'm sure I'm not the only die hard fan who thinks this way, either.

THATHURMANATOR
12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I would be inconsolable......

Forward_Lateral
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Still? Do you think you've lost a bit of love for the Bills over the years Thurm, or would you still be as upset now as you would've been years ago?

Mr. Pink
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
I think would be upset a little at first that the team moved, then start to get over it a little, then they'll watch whoever takes the team over in whatever city win a championship and be extremely pissed off over it.

That's about the range of emotions I had when the Browns left Cleveland almost 16 years ago now.

McBFLO
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
To me, it'd be like a family member passing away. I love this team that much.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Yep, I would be madder than hell if they move. For the first few seasons I wouldn't watch the NFL and give it up completely, dont know if I would come back or not.

Lone Stranger
12-21-2011, 11:42 AM
As a season ticket-holder for 40 years I'm at the end of my rope. I can do other things on a Sunday rather than watch the current Bills product which has no hope for improvement in the forseeable future.

Historian
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
WHERES MY RAZOR?????????

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
At this point and time, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

THATHURMANATOR
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Still? Do you think you've lost a bit of love for the Bills over the years Thurm, or would you still be as upset now as you would've been years ago?
Never lost anything. I would be as upset now as any time in my life, just as anything in my life that I love.

RedEyE
12-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Depends where to and how far.

If they move to Niagara Falls with a new Falls view stadium = stoked

If they move to Toronto = pissed yet intrigued enough to follow

If they move to LA, San Antonio, Vegas etc = mortified

Night Train
12-21-2011, 12:02 PM
It would be a shock, having attended my first game 46 years ago.

I would get over it, with college football being such a big part of my life. Sundays would be a good game here & there, depending on the matchup.

OpIv37
12-21-2011, 12:13 PM
I would feel like I lost a limb.

I would devote more energy toward the Sabres and college football, and just be a casual fan of the NFL with no real favorite team. Most likely, I'd be a half-assed Ravens fan because I know the games will be on for free every week, but I'd never have the passion or interest for it that I have for the Bills.

I'd also have to re-decorate my entire basement because it is filled with sports memorabilia, about 80% of which is Bills stuff.

Eventually, I'd be better off because I wouldn't have this team ruining my Sundays every weekend, and it would free up Sunday afternoons year-round (when it's not football season, it's like having another day added to my week). But for a while, it would be horrible.

SabreEleven
12-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm waiting for the poll.

OpIv37
12-21-2011, 12:19 PM

That wouldn't count as a move. It would fall into the "getting a new stadium" category. Claiming Buffalo when the stadium is in Niagara Falls is no different than claiming Buffalo when the stadium is in Orchard Park. And lots of teams do it because a lot of cities don't have room for a stadium or the parking.

TacklingDummy
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I'd become a Lions fan or a fan of no football at all.

Pinkerton Security
12-21-2011, 12:24 PM
If they moved out of state, i'd be devastated. I live in Albany but I love defending the Bills as New York's only real NY team, and my yearly game visit would be toast. Bills fans have a special camaraderie and if they moved that would vanish, I'm sure of that.

DraftBoy
12-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Just concentrate more on college football, but Id still watch games every Sunday.

THATHURMANATOR
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Depends where to and how far.

If they move to Toronto = pissed yet intrigued enough to follow

If they move to LA, San Antonio, Vegas etc = mortified
Niagara falls = Fine by me

Toronto = Done with the NFL

LA, Vegas, SA = Done with the NFL

bf1
12-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I'd be relieved. I'd casually root for the Giants, who try to win.

Forward_Lateral
12-21-2011, 01:01 PM
I'd become a Lions fan or a fan of no football at all.

Glutton for punishment?

Bill Cody
12-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Glutton for punishment?

The Lions are playoff bound. Punish me that way.

unpaid_bills
12-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I will probably be the lone supporter of this -- the Bills should move to LA. HUGE market hungry for a team. They will have an opportunity to attract BIG name players and coaches and get national media attention -- something we dont have now.

Unless Ralph sells the team AND B-Lo builds them a new stadium (and I dont see this happening) LA would guartentee a new stadium top rate facility and new fan base.

There are Lots of transplanted B-Lo fans in area (LA, San Deigo)
I would hate for the devolted loyal fans physically in B-LO to lose the team -- but honestly the Bills are really struggling to compete.

I am biased an hour North of LA but when you think about it there are lots of reasons -- on the flip side I can give you many reasons to stay in Buffalo. They would obviously loose alot of long-time fans.

So to answer the question I would be upset they left Buffalo, but excited personally if move to LA cause closer and the fresh start and opportunities they arent going to get staying in Buffalo with current ownership. It wouldnt be the same no Doubt but the harsh reality --

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2011, 01:50 PM
I will probably be the lone supporter of this -- the Bills should move to LA. HUGE market hungry for a team. They will have an opportunity to attract BIG name players and coaches and get national media attention -- something we dont have now.

Unless Ralph sells the team AND B-Lo builds them a new stadium (and I dont see this happening) LA would guartentee a new stadium top rate facility and new fan base.

I would hate for the devolted loyal fans physically in B-LO to lose the team -- but honestly the Bills are really struggling to compete.

I am biased an hour North of LA but when you think about it there are lots of reasons -- on the flip side I can give you many reasons to stay in Buffalo. They would obviously loose alot of long-time fans.

So to answer the question I would be upset they left Buffalo, but excited personally if move to LA cause closer and the fresh start and opportunities they arent going to get staying in Buffalo with current ownership. It wouldnt be the same no Doubt but the harsh reality --

**** THAT

better days
12-21-2011, 01:59 PM

If LA gets a team other than the Bills, do you root for that team or continue to be a Bills fan? Just curious.

tatersalad
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd be a fan of theirs no matter where they moved... But it wouldnt be the same as rooting for the bUFFALO bILLS

clumping platelets
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I would no longer be a football fan

Extremebillsfan247
12-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Bills are like an historic landmark. Once you remove it, things just are not the same. The NFL would lose me as a fan altogether if the Bills ever left Buffalo. The Team and what it represents is much bigger than any player or coach who currently plays or coaches on it. JMO

trapezeus
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM
i would not only be anti NFL, i would be so staunchly anti whereever the new team went. you thought occupy wall street was ridiculous? I would round up this board and we would essentially get a team givenback to us because we would be that much of a nuissance.

But i get the original post. i also could just see myself being like, "fine **** it. i liked hockey anyways." having two teams that hate winning is beginning to take its toll on me.

Forward_Lateral
12-21-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't get why everyone would blame the NFL. If there's anyone to hate if this happens, it's Ralph Wilson for not making sure the Bills stay in Buffalo before he croaks. And don't tell me he can't do that, because he sure as hell can.

unpaid_bills
12-21-2011, 02:53 PM
If LA gets a team other than the Bills, do you root for that team or continue to be a Bills fan? Just curious.

Well if Bills are still in Buffalo I root for the Bills -- I would support an LA Pro Team (not like I love the Bills) probably go to some games as its close. I just love football.

I just like any fan want my team to win and be competitive year after year. Its in all our blood - it wouldnt be the same for sure. I am so far from Buffalo I am in a different boat i get to see them live maybe once a year so I watch on TV. They are in a tough spot if they dont move in Buffalo and nothing changes is that better? The die-hard fans that have supported through thick and thin is who i feel bad for --- Honestly its not like there is New generation of Bills fans - i sense the younger fans could care less. Those in Buffalo correct me if I am wrong here -- Lets put it this way its sucks either way -- We move alienate and lose a bunch of fans -- or stay in Buffalo and die a slow death like Ralphy

Jan Reimers
12-21-2011, 02:54 PM
After 52 seasons of loving this team, it would hurt. But not nearly as much as it would have 10-12 years ago, when this team finally went into a terminal malaise under the ownership of Wilson and his variety of Front Office megalomaniacs, incompetents and sycophants; and the dolts and mealy-mouthed idiots who he's hired to coach this putrid mess.

It is really hard to root for a team which seems to care less about winning than we fans do.

I hope they stay under new ownership, which I think would greatly improve things. But right now, under this regime, I care very little whether they stay or go.

don137
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I would feel cheated and upset. I supported and cheered for this team my whole life. The product they put on the field the last 12 years has been deplorable yet I still cheered them. I feel this ownership owes us something. If it is sold and moved after Wilson passes I would be very pissed that Bills fans that have been loyalty have been screwed for all their support of a bad product and nothing to show for it.

kingJofNYC
12-21-2011, 03:14 PM
I'd feel relieved. May hurt for a bit, but this team has been gone for a long time now. We're laughing stocks, can't compete on any level, there's nothing here to really cheer for. Everything about this franchise is negative, the fans constantly ***** and complain for naught. Ticket sales are a joke at this point, not that anyone should spend time or money on this team.

I still care, but with all the bad surrounding this franchise and fan base why should I? When they do move I can finally sit down and watch a football game without feeling like I've been kicked in the groin repeatedly. Sit back, relax, and not worry about wtf is going on with my sorry ass football team.

What a relief....

Forward_Lateral
12-21-2011, 03:25 PM
This team reminds me so much of the Browns team that moved to Baltimore overnight that it's not even funny.

OpIv37
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I still care, but with all the bad surrounding this franchise and fan base why should I? When they do move I can finally sit down and watch a football game without feeling like I've been kicked in the groin repeatedly. Sit back, relax, and not worry about wtf is going on with my sorry ass football team.

You know, I used to get really pumped about watching Bills games, and whenever I was watching a game that didn't involve the Bills, I couldn't help but wish the Bills were involved.

Maybe 4 or 5 years ago, that started to change. I actually find I have more fun watching games where the Bills don't play because a) I'm not emotionally invested in it and b) the quality of play is higher more often than not.

This team has sucked all the fun and thrill out of football. I used to anticipate the games almost like a kid on Christmas.... now watching the games feels more like visiting a sick relative at the hospital. You don't want to do it, and you know you're not going to like what you see, but you know they need the support, so you do it anyway.

better days
12-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Bills are like an historic landmark. Once you remove it, things just are not the same. The NFL would lose me as a fan altogether if the Bills ever left Buffalo. The Team and what it represents is much bigger than any player or coach who currently plays or coaches on it. JMO

I am surprised at the number of people that do not get this. The Indinapolis Colts are NOT the BALTIMORE Colts. They have the Name, the Colors are the same Blue & White, & they can lay claim to the records in the books.

The team itself is NOT the same however. BALTIMORE Colts fans are not Indianapolis Colts fans.

A few years ago, the Indianapolis Colts wanted to honor the anniversary of a Championship team of the Baltimore Colts. They invited Unitas & other Baltimore Colts greats to come to Indy to celebrate the anniversary of that team. Unitas & EVERYONE else associated with that BALTIMORE Colts team refused to go, saying this is no longer my team.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I use to think I would be absolutely devastated. However, as I get older I am losing the care in it. I would never watch another NFL game, I barely watch any other now. I would stick to college ball and the NFL would be dead to me.

LarryBoy
12-21-2011, 07:46 PM
:sadwalk:

Novacane
12-21-2011, 07:56 PM
It would kind of be a relief. They are like an addition I can't break myself even if I don't get any fun from it anymore. If they moved I wouldn't have any problem cutting the chord with the NFL.

Billz_fan
12-22-2011, 04:48 AM
I would be ok. This last 10 years has taken a lot out of me. This franchise is not interested in the same thing as all the others in the NFL. It's like the Bills are the only team who doesn't care about winning. The care about being profitable. My first game was in the middle 70's and I was a crazy fan all the way through the 90's. Now not so much. They have a way of sucking the life out of you.

It would be a way for many to make a clean break.

RedEyE
12-22-2011, 06:08 AM
That wouldn't count as a move. It would fall into the "getting a new stadium" category. Claiming Buffalo when the stadium is in Niagara Falls is no different than claiming Buffalo when the stadium is in Orchard Park. And lots of teams do it because a lot of cities don't have room for a stadium or the parking.

True, but being that Erie County both funds and reaps the rewards of the Bills a move to Niagara County would be a pretty big thing.

Assuming they move it to the US side. Let's face it, I think we all know the Canadian side has more to offer to include better views. Although the US side does have some potential.

They could always move it to Canada, offer parking on the US side for fans and have a foot bridge with dedicated Border Patrol officials established on game days.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-22-2011, 06:38 AM
True, but being that Erie County both funds and reaps the rewards of the Bills a move to Niagara County would be a pretty big thing.

Assuming they move it to the US side. Let's face it, I think we all know the Canadian side has more to offer to include better views. Although the US side does have some potential.

They could always move it to Canada, offer parking on the US side for fans and have a foot bridge with dedicated Border Patrol officials established on game days.

Would rather see it on the US side, be nice if it brought business's to downtown Niagara Falls. Be even better if it caused Niagara Falls to clean up a bit. Also be a pain to wait on a foot bridge for border guards to ask you what your bring in and checking passports/id's then have to deal with security at the stadium as well.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Not upset in the least, at least for the team. It's time. Upset at the NYC politicians that seem to treat WNY as a ward of the state... upset at the expats who have ditched this area... upset at the public unions that make the cost of a basic high school education downright oppressive... upset at all those Chambers of Commerce down south that are quite literally predators trying to take away New York's businesses... oh, you bet I'd be upset about them.

But I wouldn't blame the Bills for leaving.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-22-2011, 06:52 AM
It would feel like I wasted most of my Sunday's. To me it wouldn't just be the Bills gone. It would mean history gone, 4 SB appearances gone, the comeback game gone, those players that we all loved to watch, gone. The great memories of tailgating wouldn't be the same. I couldn't just flip to another NFL team as if the Bills didn't mean a thing to me. If Buffalo loses the Bills I'd be done with football.

warsawbassman
12-22-2011, 07:19 AM
They are gone already. This crap we have been fed for the last 10-12 years is not what I would call Bills football. We are clinging to 20 year old memories of players and days gone by. They can play the last 2 games of the year on the moon for all I care anymore. When Ralph passes I will keep my eye on what happens..........if the move so be it, if they stay, they better do something to get good again. Truthfully I think they got a better shot to be good/great again some where else. My life in WNY would go on.

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2011, 08:33 AM

They CANNOT move it to Niagara falls Canada.

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Would rather see it on the US side, be nice if it brought business's to downtown Niagara Falls. Be even better if it caused Niagara Falls to clean up a bit. Also be a pain to wait on a foot bridge for border guards to ask you what your bring in and checking passports/id's then have to deal with security at the stadium as well.
Can't see it bringing any businesses to the area for 7 sundays a year unless they made it into a convention center or something like that for mix use but I doubt that happens or that it would also bring businesses.

Historian
12-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Can't see it bringing any businesses to the area for 7 sundays a year unless they made it into a convention center or something like that for mix use but I doubt that happens or that it would also bring businesses.

You're probably right, although Orchard Park was just a little hick town on the way to the beach before the stadium was built too.

RedEyE
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
They CANNOT move it to Niagara falls Canada.

:lol: Am I missing something? Why couldn't they?

RedEyE
12-22-2011, 08:59 AM

As would I. But from a business prospective the better hotels and casinos are on the Canadian side. Just imagine the views from the perspective. Of course all of this is extremly hypothetical, but I could see luxury box seats with glass exterior walls over looking the Falls.

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2011, 09:07 AM
:lol: Am I missing something? Why couldn't they?
I don't want them to is why.... :thurm2:

better days
12-22-2011, 09:14 AM
As would I. But from a business prospective the better hotels and casinos are on the Canadian side. Just imagine the views from the perspective. Of course all of this is extremly hypothetical, but I could see luxury box seats with glass exterior walls over looking the Falls.

I would imagine land with a view of the Falls would be very expensive. Too expensive to waste on a football stadium that is only used 8-10 games a year so it would need to be a dome to be built there. Who would pay for that?

The best place to build a Stadium is where the land is CHEAP. That helps keep the cost of the Stadium down. That is why the Jets/Giants stadium is located in New Jersey rather than Manhattan.

If a new Stadium were to be built in the Buffalo area, I think it makes most sense to build it between Buffalo & Rochester where the land is cheap & the new Stadium would be easy to get to for fans from Buffalo, Rochester, Canada & Syracuse alike.

hemi13
12-22-2011, 09:17 AM
My initial reaction would be that I never want to watch another NFL game. I would be VERY pi**ed off.
If they stayed in New York, yes, I'd be okay, but please not Albany (it's such a craphole, it's dirty, it smells and downtown looks like something out of a Brady Bunch 70's nightmare). HATE THAT CITY!
Syracuse or Rochester, yes.
I also have a large collection of Bills memorabilia that would be boxed up and put away.
Down the road, can any of us really say what we would do?
Let's just hope this doesn't happen.

ddaryl
12-22-2011, 09:30 AM
I would just stop watching NFL football and go on to other things in life

better days
12-22-2011, 09:42 AM
I would just stop watching NFL football and go on to other things in life

As would most everyone else except a very few like Johnny Bugmenot.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-22-2011, 09:53 AM
As would most everyone else except a very few like Johnny Bugmenot.
No, actually, that's what I've already done.

blackonyx89
12-22-2011, 09:54 AM
I would find another team to root for and don't let the Detroit Lions thing in my profile fool ya! LOL! I hope they don't move to L.A. and another team besides Buffalo would go there. I was originally a L.A. Rams fan and became a Bills fan because they're here and I wanted to cheer for my home town team.
:biggrin:

So I've been through the highs and lows over the years, with the most diehard of Bills fans. But as I said before, I now see how Ralph has played the fans over the decades and really doesn't care about the fans and sinlpy wants to make money off them and Erie County.

I'd be numb if they've moved and I pray Jim Kelly or someone else who wants to win, bring competitive football back to Buffalo and build a high caliber team that can win a Super Bowl, that's what Ralph failed to do in the 1990's by not making the Bills defense a Ravens/Steelers monster type Top 10 defense to win it all, his greatest flaw as owner of the Bills during that run and he had the money to inprove the defense, but was to cheap too bring in people to help Bruce and company. Anyway and again, I would be become a L.A. fan and if they didn't get a franchise, I would be a casual NFL fan.

RedEyE
12-22-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't want them to is why.... :thurm2:

rofl
me neither

bluerosekiller
12-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Lets talk about the identity of the team should they ever relocate.
Let's face it, the name THE BILLS doesn't exactly travel well.
It fits Buffalo, but no where else.
Neither The Los Angeles Bills nor The Toronto Bills makes the least bit of sense. Fact is, it's just awkward.
So, I would imagine that the team & it's new owner/city would rename them like Baltimore did with the Browns/Ravens & Tenn. did with The Oilers/Titans. In fact, the city would likely petition the NFL for the rights to the BILLS name in the the slim chance that they could ever lure another team to the area down the line...

My question is, would said name change to the team make it harder or easier to deal with it were they to relocate?

NorthCarBills
12-22-2011, 05:33 PM
If you asked this even about two years ago I'd answer and say extremely upset. I dont live in Buffalo but I've still put countless hours and dollars into the franchise, not to mention intense emotional ups and downs over the course of many years.

Asking this now, I honestly dont care as much. I'm obviously still an interested fan, but it's to the point I just remind myself that there's no reason to give a damn until new ownership arrives -- because nothing will change until then.

Plus, new ownership may mean the Bills moving, which brings everything full circle anyway.

Mad Bomber
12-22-2011, 05:47 PM
They would be dead to me.

JohnnyGold
12-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Well if Bills are still in Buffalo I root for the Bills -- I would support an LA Pro Team (not like I love the Bills) probably go to some games as its close. I just love football.

I just like any fan want my team to win and be competitive year after year. Its in all our blood - it wouldnt be the same for sure. I am so far from Buffalo I am in a different boat i get to see them live maybe once a year so I watch on TV. They are in a tough spot if they dont move in Buffalo and nothing changes is that better? The die-hard fans that have supported through thick and thin is who i feel bad for --- Honestly its not like there is New generation of Bills fans - i sense the younger fans could care less. Those in Buffalo correct me if I am wrong here -- Lets put it this way its sucks either way -- We move alienate and lose a bunch of fans -- or stay in Buffalo and die a slow death like Ralphy

i wonder what serious medication or toxic substance your mother ingested when you were in the womb.

how can you be so flippant about this? are you really that aloof?

"oh sweet. the bills moved. this is better for them anyways. glad to see they got out of buffalo, it was really holding them back. still a bills fan! go fitz!"

is anyone else on here experiencing this absolutely time-warping mind-***** of an experience that i am getting from reading this guys posts???

is this sarcasm?????

User Manuel
12-23-2011, 03:40 PM
I'd be beyond devastated...you can't hope or be mad or disappointed or disgusted when they are gone.....

Johnny Bugmenot
12-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Lets talk about the identity of the team should they ever relocate.
Let's face it, the name THE BILLS doesn't exactly travel well.
It fits Buffalo, but no where else.
Neither The Los Angeles Bills nor The Toronto Bills makes the least bit of sense. Fact is, it's just awkward.
So, I would imagine that the team & it's new owner/city would rename them like Baltimore did with the Browns/Ravens & Tenn. did with The Oilers/Titans. In fact, the city would likely petition the NFL for the rights to the BILLS name in the the slim chance that they could ever lure another team to the area down the line...

My question is, would said name change to the team make it harder or easier to deal with it were they to relocate?
Well, it'd lower the asking price a few million if they decided not to keep the Bills name for trademark/money/throwback purposes, but otherwise, probably not. When the Oilers relocated to Tennessee, they weren't hesitant to rename the team the Titans.

better days
12-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Well, it'd lower the asking price a few million if they decided not to keep the Bills name for trademark/money/throwback purposes, but otherwise, probably not. When the Oilers relocated to Tennessee, they weren't hesitant to rename the team the Titans.

That makes NO SENSE whatsoever. Why should an owner ask less because the new owner wants to move the team & change the name? EVERYTHING associated with the team is also sold including trademark/money/throwback purposes.

In any event as I posted in the Bills are moving thread, after hearing Bob Rich on Shread & Ragan, I have no fear the Bills will ever move from the Buffalo area.

Bert102176
12-24-2011, 03:22 PM
I would be pissed and would take care of RW, and if he were deceast already I would dig him up and burn him