PDA

View Full Version : "front office shakeup of some sort in Buffalo?"

ghz in pittsburgh
12-21-2011, 12:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82541a13/article/teams-left-for-dead-a-month-ago-still-fighting-for-playoff-lives?campaign=Twitter_features
Inside slant:

Willis McGahee (http://www.nfl.com/players/willismcgahee/profile?id=MCG001995) is banged up, but would love to get a piece of the Bills, who traded him to Baltimore earlier in his career. There are some rumblings that a front office shakeup of some sort in Buffalo is not out of the question. C.J. Spiller (http://www.nfl.com/players/c.j.spiller/profile?id=SPI347627) is breaking a few longer runs recently. You have to like Denver's chances of getting plenty of hits on Ryan Fitzpatrick (http://www.nfl.com/players/ryanfitzpatrick/profile?id=FIT792915).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truthfully, I hate to see another whole sale change at One Bills Drive so soon, though I don't like what's happenning out on the field either. Maybe it's minor changes, but say Nix is fied or retired, a new GM means new philosophy and possibly new coaching stuff. Man what a mess ...

Mr. Pink
12-21-2011, 12:07 PM
They need a shakeup, this group is a colossal failure.

I'd rather start over, again, now then waste another year or two on this group of schmucks.

SabreEleven
12-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Until the Ralph sells the team it will be the definition of Insanity as the rule at OBD.

OpIv37
12-21-2011, 12:15 PM

I'd rather start over, again, now then waste another year or two on this group of schmucks.

The only problem is that Ralph will replace them with another group of schmucks.

SabreEleven
12-21-2011, 12:17 PM
The only problem is that Ralph will replace them with another group of cheap schmucks.

I made an addition.

Mr. Pink
12-21-2011, 12:17 PM
The only problem is that Ralph will replace them with another group of schmucks.

Most likely, but he could get lucky again like with Marv and Polian.

I'm of the opinion that an unknown is always greater than something that is proving to be a failure.

DraftBoy
12-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Most likely, but he could get lucky again like with Marv and Polian.

I'm of the opinion that an unknown is always greater than something that is proving to be a failure.

I have my phone at the ready.

Mr. Pink
12-21-2011, 12:24 PM

I've said it for years now but I think you and I could do a better job at assembling a team that can actually win than the guys Ralph has hired to try doing it.

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM

x2

better days
12-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Well, if McGahee wants to beat Buffalo, it is only because he hates Buffalo, not that he hated the trade to Baltimore. He WANTED that trade.

McGahee is an IDIOT, NO other NFL team would have picked him anywhere close to where the Bills did & made him rich.

Thurmal
12-21-2011, 12:48 PM
I've said it for years now but I think you and I could do a better job at assembling a team that can actually win than the guys Ralph has hired to try doing it.

Think of if they had polled Bills fans the last decade and used, via democratic vote, the most popular pick as the the team's draft pick rather than what the crappy GM at the time wanted.

We'd have Haloti Ngata instead of Whitner, Orakpo or Matthews instead of Maybin, Rodgers-Cromartie instead of McKelvin, etc.

EDS
12-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Well, if McGahee wants to beat Buffalo, it is only because he hates Buffalo, not that he hated the trade to Baltimore. He WANTED that trade.

McGahee is an IDIOT, NO other NFL team would have picked him anywhere close to where the Bills did & made him rich.

McGahee has actually had a pretty successful career and based on where he was drafted, bottom third of first round, he was a good pick from a production standpoint, but a bad pick from a Buffalo needs perspective.

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Think of if they had polled Bills fans the last decade and used, via democratic vote, the most popular pick as the the team's draft pick rather than what the crappy GM at the time wanted.

We'd have Haloti Ngata instead of Whitner, Orakpo or Matthews instead of Maybin, Rodgers-Cromartie instead of McKelvin, etc.

It's sickening

better days
12-21-2011, 01:13 PM
McGahee has actually had a pretty successful career and based on where he was drafted, bottom third of first round, he was a good pick from a production standpoint, but a bad pick from a Buffalo needs perspective.

He was worthless his first year. He has been decent since, but he was not worth a first rnd pick.

He is only doing so well in Denver because teams have to respect the fact Tebow is as likely to run with the ball as McGahee is & Tebow averages 1 more yd per carry than McGahee & has 4 more rushing TDs. The Broncos could plug in ANY decent RB in that offense & they would do as well as McGahee.

TigerJ
12-21-2011, 01:15 PM

I know it's just an image thing, but if you want to promote yourself to the Bills, you might want to change your moniker to "DraftMAN."

DraftBoy
12-21-2011, 01:23 PM
I know it's just an image thing, but if you want to promote yourself to the Bills, you might want to change your moniker to "DraftMAN."

Ive considered it more than once...I may just drop the moniker completely.

better days
12-21-2011, 01:31 PM

Just my opinion, but the draft is your thing. I think draftman is an appropriate name for you.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I have a lot of faith in Whaley, I hope he takes the reigns. I wanted Doug as the GM before Nix was made official, with a two years of seasoning, he's even more ready.

jimbohastle51
12-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I could see Nix retiring and Whatley being promoted. i have a feeling the bills will try for a big name in the offseason. wheather its trading up in the draft for a high profile prospect or attempting to sign a bigger named free agent than usual.

kingJofNYC
12-21-2011, 02:56 PM
They overhauled the scouting dept, Nix brought in a couple of his SD buddies after the 11 draft, I expect him to stay at least through the 12 draft with Whaley taking over after.

bigbub2352
12-21-2011, 03:03 PM
i think it will be whaley taking over for the horrible job nix has done

don137
12-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Revis was taken two picks after Lynch too.

psubills62
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
i think it will be whaley taking over for the horrible job nix has done
Yeah, I was wondering if Whaley was going to take over as full-time GM.

Don't Panic
12-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I laugh at some of the doom and gloom assessments of this FO. If Fitz had the accuracy of the first 7 games we'd be talking about how this team was coming along, developing properly, and headed in the right direction. If Andrew Luck had declared, we'd be talking about what a stud Newton is as a Bill and how smart the FO was. The jury is definitely still out on the '10 draft, but the '11 draft looks very solid. They've done pretty well with Pears, Urbik, Barnett and Edwards in FA. If we were a little more aggressive we'd be able to add what we need to become truly competitive. If we have a good draft in April we'll be well positioned to become a playoff contender... especially if we stay healthy and figure out the QB position.

Skooby
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
You are a man amongst boys.

Mski
12-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Just my opinion, but the draft is your thing. I think draftman is an appropriate name for you. but then the appropriate abreviation of "DB" wouldnt also fit his name

BillsFever21
12-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Let them bring in a new GM and coach. These duds are proven to be incompetent to do their jobs. There is a reason why nobody else would hire Gailey as a HC for over a decade and that nobody wanted Nix as a GM and didn't get a GM position until he was 70 years old. Being an OC or a scout are two different things from actually being the HC or GM and running the show.

If we actually replaced these guys with somebody competent we could turn it around. Even if we had to start a new philosophy then big deal. At least we are only two years into it and most of our better players were already here before they showed up and can be plugged into a new system easily.

With the past two drafts a guy like Dareus can play NT or DE whether you end up playing a 43 or 34 defense and the rest of them haven't been anything special to begin with. Then any of the other ones we hope have potential like Williams shouldn't be affected by that very much.

I'd rather start over now and hope that Ralph gets lucky with a young GM and coach on the rise then sticking with a couple old duds that are past their prime(if they ever had one) and wasting another year or two before we start the process over again.

We can either start over and try to find somebody competent right now or wait another year or two and prolong it and put the team even further behind on the rebuilding process. At least right now there wouldn't be that much of a rebuilding process for the reasons stated above and since they haven't had a chance to totally change the team around and mess it up. After another year or two of them drafting and grooming crappy players that is even more of a rebuilding process you have to start. At least you should be able to salvage any of the decent players we have right now.

YardRat
12-21-2011, 08:17 PM

He's still waiting for his balls to drop.

BloFan4Life
12-21-2011, 09:44 PM
The biggest problem I have with this front office is the whole relationship BS. I honestly don't mind most of the stuff that Buddy has done. I actually think he has really improved the talent on this team one thing we couldn't say about the past regime. However, I think Gailey is an awful coach. I think Gailey relies on the whole giving jobs to friends crap. Too loyal to garbage. I think Gailey was hired by Buddy because of the age and southern BS. I think they got along too well and it was more of a friend helping friend then trying to truly get this team better. I honestly don't see why Gailey was hired as HC. I think he would be a good OC but he does not have the resume to be able to get a top level DC. We would have been better off going with Fewell as HC/DC and just getting Gailey for the offense. I also think this FO is too old for a rebuilding team. Young talent to me has a clash with the old values. I want to get younger. Give Whaley the GM job and let him hire a young HC. Let's truly start over. It sucks that two years ago we didn't have a clean sweep and start over.

RedEyE
12-22-2011, 04:25 AM
I could never understand why McGahee has a chip on his shoulder. Nobody in the league was going to draft this guy in the 1st round after his horrific knee injury. Hell some of the draft gurus even suspected he may go undrafted.

Then the Bills come along, gamble on him, and gave him an opportunity of his lifetime.

Then he wanted to flee Buffalo. This, in turn, forced the hand of the Bills FO. It's get something in return or nothing at all -dealing him to Baltimore. And let's not forget he really hadn't proven anything during his run in Buffalo.

Just where in all of this did the Buffalo Bills wrong Willis McGahee?

The guy is such a dolt.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Screw this whole promotional BS with Doug Whaley and all. They need help from the outside. The problem is that Ralph won't after the Donahoe debacle, when he waltzed in, took one of the best defenses in the NFL, and gutted it.

Now, that's exactly what the Bills need to do-- take one of the WORST defenses in the NFL, and gut it.

The Buffalo Bills need a general manager with no ties to the current Bills organization. They need to put him in, immediately, and not give him time to assimilate into the current broken system.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Common its Buffalo, im expecting Chris Brown to release news that the switch from De-Caf to Regular has been made.

don137
12-22-2011, 07:00 AM
If they could promote Whaley and bring in Cowher then I would be all for it. However, I don't need to see change for the sake of change and replace one below average coach or front office personnel with another below average coach or front office personnel.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-22-2011, 08:37 AM
If your motivation is getting back at the worst organization in football, you need to get your priorities straight. Any player should be thanking them for getting them out of a pile of poo.

BertSquirtgum
12-22-2011, 08:48 AM
I hope Buddy retires and Doug Whaley takes over making personnel decisions. I'm sure he won't be sleeping the night of free agency.