PDA

View Full Version : McShay's first mock draft

T-Long
12-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Not sure if the draft order is correct ( I thought they were 9th) but here is what he said.

Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa
The Bills have had a pressing need at left tackle for years, and haven't drafted one since they missed on Mike Williams at No. 4 overall in 2002. Reiff isn't a finished product but has good natural feet for his size, and he projects as a very good starting left tackle if developed properly. And despite the money Buffalo recently committed to Ryan Fitzpatrick, I think a quarterback would have to be in play here, as well. But the Bills wouldn't be likely to take Oklahoma's Landry Jones at this point.

DraftBoy
12-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Zero issue with that pick.

Don't Panic
12-22-2011, 07:28 AM
He had the top 3 QBs off the board. If we want one, we need to finish higher than Miami and Washington. Had Upshaw going at #13. I'm pretty intrigued by him. He could fill Merriman's spot pretty well.

k-oneputt
12-22-2011, 08:04 AM
I see Reiff has had some past issues with the booze.
Should fit right in.

Crisis
12-22-2011, 09:12 AM
I see Reiff has had some past issues with the booze.
Should fit right in.

All he needs is some injury concerns to be our LT!

Jaybird
12-22-2011, 09:24 AM
we need a pass rush.. without it our D will never improve

better days
12-22-2011, 09:24 AM
I would not hate a LT with the 1st pick, but would much prefer an OLB if one of the top QBs is not there.

ddaryl
12-22-2011, 09:29 AM
I can see us grabbing an OT next year for sure.

I also see us grabbing a QB if one falls to us.

and if there are any stud pass rushing LB's to be had.

A force at DE is also a very big possibility

haven't been following the draft much yet so I don't know who fits in these positions as real possibilities. That's your area Draftlad

superbills
12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Insert customary "which top RB is available" quip here...

jimbohastle51
12-22-2011, 10:07 AM
this is an early mock but still shows how little some of these guys pay attention to each teams needs. not that i have a problem with drafting a tackle, i just know based on Nix philosophy he wouldnt be the best player available on the board right there or the best fit for buffalo either.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Martin or Reiff def could be the best players available if the draft shakes out like that. My guess though is Buddy would reach a little for an OLB. Upshaw makes sense since the Dareus panned out, even though I don't think he's that elite pass rusher we need, would still be a solid pick.

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Not sure if the draft order is correct ( I thought they were 9th) but here is what he said.

Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa
The Bills have had a pressing need at left tackle for years, and haven't drafted one since they missed on Mike Williams at No. 4 overall in 2002. Reiff isn't a finished product but has good natural feet for his size, and he projects as a very good starting left tackle if developed properly. And despite the money Buffalo recently committed to Ryan Fitzpatrick, I think a quarterback would have to be in play here, as well. But the Bills wouldn't be likely to take Oklahoma's Landry Jones at this point.
Disgusting.

I especially hate hearing this....

Reiff isn't a finished product

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Martin or Reiff def could be the best players available if the draft shakes out like that. My guess though is Buddy would reach a little for an OLB. Upshaw makes sense since the Dareus panned out, even though I don't think he's that elite pass rusher we need, would still be a solid pick.
NO REACHING

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2011, 10:35 AM
this is an early mock but still shows how little some of these guys pay attention to each teams needs. not that i have a problem with drafting a tackle, i just know based on Nix philosophy he wouldnt be the best player available on the board right there or the best fit for buffalo either.
I totally agree.

Tackle to me is NOT a huge need.

They aren't great but they are serviceable.

Hairston is a rookie for christs sake and has been the least of our problems.

I honestly am fine with our line as is.

Next year project:
LT - Hairston
LG - Levitre
C - Wood
RG - Rinehart/Urbick
RT - Pears

Having Urbick/Rinehart for interior backup.

Definitely need some depth.

I would also explore keeping Bell and have a battle between he and Hairston for LT.

In that scenario also have Hairston battler Pears for RT if he isn't the LT option.

Novacane
12-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Do you have a link to his entire mock?

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM
That or could you list his picks.

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM
I am going on record as wanting one of the big 3 QBs in a MAJOR way.

Watch Barkley stay in school.

T-Long
12-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Do you have a link to his entire mock?
It's an ESPN insider article so I am not allowed to post the entire thing

k-oneputt
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
luck
Kalil
claib.
richardson
coples
kirkp.
griffen
barkley
blackmon
reif
kuechley
martin
upshaw
branch
barron
l.jones
burfict
decastro
floyd
cox
dennard
jeffrey
still
reddick
d.wilson
z.sanders
m.adams
j.jones
m.ingram
k,wright
banks
r. lewis

Historian
12-22-2011, 11:22 AM
"With the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Joe Blow.....Punter....Erie Community College."

Jan Reimers
12-22-2011, 11:50 AM
I think we should trade all of our first 6 picks for 35 7th rounders, or whatever the draft value guide would give us.

We seem to do quite well with 7th rounders, plus they are cheap and we have tons of holes to fill.

Don't Panic
12-22-2011, 12:34 PM
"With the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Joe Blow.....Punter....Erie Community College."

Hey... that dude's pretty good. He can nail the coffin corner drill in Madden with the best of them. And ECC has quite a pedigree you know... I'm sure many of us spent at least a semester there!

Extremebillsfan247
12-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Upshaw would be a great pick up for the Bills in my opinion. I'm not too sure they will go Oline with first pick. Also, whats wrong with Landry Jones? is he a bad QB choice that high up in the draft?

ThunderGun
12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
The Bills drafting a tackle early??? I wish.

tampabay25690
12-23-2011, 07:04 AM
I am going on record as wanting one of the big 3 QBs in a MAJOR way.

Watch Barkley stay in school.

Thurm well you got your wish...
From what Im hearing too.....RG3 and Landry Jones may be staying in school as well. RG3 is signed up for Law School at Baylor for next year....

So after Luck this could be the WORST QB class ever.

tampabay25690
12-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Upshaw would be a great pick up for the Bills in my opinion. I'm not too sure they will go Oline with first pick. Also, whats wrong with Landry Jones? is he a bad QB choice that high up in the draft?

I luv Upshaw, not only is he a SEC guy but the guy can get to the QB and is great vs the run.....
If we draft Upshaw we can fill him in from day 1 just like Dareus.....

DraftBoy
12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Disgusting.

I especially hate hearing this....

You could put that on every prospect report since none are actually finished products yet.

DraftBoy
12-23-2011, 07:19 AM
From what Im hearing too.....RG3 and Landry Jones may be staying in school as well. RG3 is signed up for Law School at Baylor for next year....

Those reports surfaced before the Barkley announcement. Everything is still up in the air with those two.

I will say though that if both stayed it wouldn't surprise me at all, in face it would make me really happy.

tampabay25690
12-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Those reports surfaced before the Barkley announcement. Everything is still up in the air with those two.

I will say though that if both stayed it wouldn't surprise me at all, in face it would make me really happy.

I would like it as well since I luv College ball.
USC is loaded for next year, best WR duo in the Country and a CRAP out of schedule conference.
Expect them to be in the Top 3 in the preseason poll....

DraftBoy
12-23-2011, 07:24 AM
I would like it as well since I luv College ball.
USC is loaded for next year, best WR duo in the Country and a CRAP out of schedule conference.
Expect them to be in the Top 3 in the preseason poll....

Yep I forsee the preseason poll going:
1. LSU/Alabama Winner
2. USC
3. LSU/Alabama Loser

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-23-2011, 07:28 AM

if its the WORST QB class ever then you can rest assured the bills WILL draft a QB LOL

BillsFever21
12-23-2011, 08:32 PM
NO REACHING
That's exactly my feelings too. We have so many holes to fill we need to determine the balance between the BPA and highest needs in them positions and draft the best one that fits that.

The last thing we need to do is reach for an average OLB if we could get a blue chip DL, CB, WR or ILB in that spot. Or even QB for that matter if a franchise type QB fell to us in the 1st round.

All four or five of them positions are the biggest areas of need for us and there would be a spot for them if drafted in the 1st round without even having to release or demote anyone else. We need to pick the BPA that has the best chance of being an impact Pro Bowl type of starter over reaching for an OLB or another position just because they are #1 on the list of biggest need for the team.

Depending on what happens in FA that list could also change. One thing is for sure we will definitely need OLB's and CB's. At OLB Merriman is finished, Kelsay is junk and the rest of them are just average. At CB McGee is finished, Florence is putrid and should or probably will be gone, McKelvin is nothing more but a nickel CB in the last year of his contract and after that we have a couple unproven rookies. Williams will be a starter by default.

At the very least between FA and/or the draft we're going to need two OLB's and 2 CB's that will need to play immediately.

Bert102176
12-24-2011, 03:13 PM
I can see us grabbing an OT next year for sure.

I also see us grabbing a QB if one falls to us.

and if there are any stud pass rushing LB's to be had.

A force at DE is also a very big possibility

haven't been following the draft much yet so I don't know who fits in these positions as real possibilities. That's your area Draftlad

this team doesn't draft the position they should so I say they draft a RB or NT, or maybe they do draft a OLB that they sit and won't play just like they did with Maybin

Night Train
12-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Wilson mentioned WR in his AP interview. He may order it,after spending all that money on Fitz.