PDA

View Full Version : Starting to think the Bills should go with Burfict if available

gonzo1105
12-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Obviously with Barkley going back to school that could easily shift the top 10. I am not advocating drafting Burfict with the 7th or 8th pick but trading down to get him if we possibly can.

I was thinking about this and we pretty much know that these guys are gonna go towards the top

Luck QB Stanford
Blackmon WR OK state
Griffin III QB Baylor
Kalil OT USC
Claiborne CB LSU

This would then leave the Bills will their choices of OT(Reiff, Martin) WR( Jeffrey, Floyd) DE(Coples), LB(Upshaw, Burfict, Kuechley) and possibly CB with Kirkpatrick

This is a really deep draft in WR's and feel we could get one later

I have my issues with the Bills taking Burfict mostly because he is a hot head who gets a lot of personal foul penalties in ball games. I started thinking about it and would this really be that bad of a thing? When the Lions took Suh his nastiness completely changed the culture of that Lions defense. Is Burfict the same type of player as Suh coming out of College? NO but he brings that same attitude, and attitude that the Bills have seriously been lacking for years. We need another ILB to match up with Sheppard and he can be plugged into the starting lineup from day one. In the 2nd round there will more then likely be some pretty decent pass rushers available( Vinny Curry, Brandon Jenkins, Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus) and some pretty good WR's ( Dwight Jones, Jeff Fuller, Mohammed Sanu). Just throwing it out there that I think this draft is not very good with elite talent and I think Burfict is a great fit for a young defense that needs some attitude.