PDA

View Full Version : Selling my soul

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm so fed up with losing I'm ready to sell my soul for short term gain on Peyton Manning just to have a couple three winning seasons.

Sell the ****** farm for Manning. I don't care if we suck for another 5 years after that. We've been sucking for 12 years anyways.

Short term gratification is better than no gratification at all.

Skooby
12-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Drew Bledsoe 2, with a bad neck.

BertSquirtgum
12-22-2011, 10:31 PM
No thanks. Wouldn't last two games with the offensive line.

Demon
12-22-2011, 10:33 PM
lol... Manning would never come here. He'll play for either NY Jets or Tennessee i think.

BertSquirtgum
12-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh yeah. Plus, he would never come here.

Luisito23
12-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Just when I thought this dummy can't surpass his other worthless threads, he comes up with this gem.

mush69
12-23-2011, 06:25 AM
I already sold my soul to my wife...yes she is the Devil!

I maybe be able to loan out my balls though seeing that she doesn't need them anymore.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-23-2011, 09:21 AM
And yet you blame Fitz?

Novacane
12-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Ralph say Fitz is the answer. Just needs better receivers and runners around him.

justasportsfan
12-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Luck will be drafted by Colts and Peyton will end up in Miami with Gruden.

better days
12-23-2011, 10:45 AM
I think it is very likely Peyton Manning never plays another game.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2011, 11:03 AM
I think it is very likely Peyton Manning never plays another game.

I'm starting to think the same thing. Honestly, why would you risk your ability to walk/live a normal life to play a few more years? He's done all there is to do, winning superbowl, league MVP, etc. He has money coming out of every orifice on his body. This isn't a knee or shoulder injury.

I could see him retiring and becoming Colts Offensive Co-Ordinator. He'd be one hell of a play caller, IMO.

HAMMER
12-23-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm starting to think the same thing. Honestly, why would you risk your ability to walk/live a normal life to play a few more years? He's done all there is to do, winning superbowl, league MVP, etc. He has money coming out of every orifice on his body. This isn't a knee or shoulder injury.

I could see him retiring and becoming Colts Offensive Co-Ordinator. He'd be one hell of a play caller, IMO.

That would be the smart thing to do, the question is whether or not his ego agrees.

stuckincincy
12-23-2011, 11:30 AM

I really can't think of a "big" name player that became an OC.

They would have to go from being the pampered one to having to deal with the likes of their (sometimes surly) self. And I've always thought Manning to be a smarmy, self-loving individual.

I've never got this thing about having an old qb "mentoring" a younger one. Isn't that why clubs hire qb coaches? :question:

Don't Panic
12-23-2011, 11:56 AM

You mean the offensive line that has the best adjusted sack rate in the league? You must just be a miserable person with some of the clueless crap you post. I would hate to see the misery that must be your daily life to make you such a hateful person. Here's your proof:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

better days
12-23-2011, 01:19 PM

I posted this before, my Brother & Sister inlaw live in Indy very near where the Colts practice facility is located. My brother inlaw said Manning can not throw the ball with any velocity at all because of the nerve damage in his neck.

SABURZFAN
12-23-2011, 02:53 PM
pass on Manning.

BertSquirtgum
12-23-2011, 03:00 PM
And yet you blame Fitz?

really?

BillsFever21
12-23-2011, 06:31 PM
No thanks on Manning. Even if he does play again and is lucky enough to be a decent QB he will never be one of the top QB's in the game again. He is also 36 years old and coming off of a major neck surgery and has also had neck surgery a few other time I believe.

At the best if you were lucky you might get one or two decent seasons out of him and they wouldn't be at a top QB NFL level. He isn't a spring chicken and by 38 years old he would be lucky to even be an average QB.

Guys like Favre were the exception and not the rule and outside of one decent season in Minnesota where he had a great supporting cast he was horrible his last 3 or 4 years in the league after his 37th-38th birthday.

Night Train
12-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Back to the Future ? Didn't we already go down this path with Bledsoe ?

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Alright, let's not compare Manning to Bledsoe. Manning is a sure-fire HOF and a top 5 QB of all time. Bledsoe was, well, Bledsoe.