PDA

View Full Version : If Tebow lights us up today you know our defense is bad

BillsFever21
12-24-2011, 11:38 AM
If Tebow lights our defense up today then you know it's really bad considering he doesn't even complete 50% of his passes. Especially when we're playing at home. Not that it matters anymore since we have been getting blown out at home too.

Our team has basically mailed it in for the past few weeks anyway. We're only averaging about 12 points a game or so over the past 7 games. The worst part is that at least a few of the TD's have come in garbage time in the 4th quarter and one of the other TD's was on a gift fumble by Rivers. While the actual game is in doubt and the team isn't playing prevent defense we might be averaging 7-10 points a game during that span.

Only two more weeks of the misery left. This team is even worse then last year. Our defense is worse and our offense has proven to be even worse. We scored a lot of points the first few weeks and then the following month after that we were average at best. I don't need to even explain any further how bad they have looked since week 7.

That's pretty sad when our HC is supposed to be an "offensive genius". If he can't even get our offense to play average let alone this bad when that is supposed to be his specialty then you know he is doing a horrible job.

And of all the injury excuses for our bad season don't try and use them as an excuse for our offense being so bad. The loss of Wood isn't going to make that big of a difference.

The Jackson injury has hurt the offense but considering how well Spiller has played in a few of the games and still couldn't do much on offense doesn't bold well at all. There have been a few games where he has had great games but Gailey refuses to keep giving him the ball more even when the game was close. Instead he keeps letting Fitzpatrick throw the ball and he has been horrible. His short lived flame went out after around week 5 and he hasn't been very good since. Especially in the last 7 games. At least he got his money which may be all he cares about since the week after he got the money he started playing like the worse starting QB in the NFL.

The main difference is that the teams have caught up to our college style offense which is easy to defend once they got some film on what we do. The NFL made adjustments against us but we keep doing the same thing.

This team is still so far away and another wasted season down the drain without any optimism in sight for next year either. We're worse this year then last year. Even last year we were competitive for the majority of the season after the first month. This year we haven't even been competitive since winning some lucky games early on in the season. I wish we would've lost them now at least we would've had a Top 3-5 draft pick at the worst.

It may actually end up being a good thing that Jackson got hurt. I miss seeing him run the football and it was a shame since he was having the best season of his career but we probably still wouldn't have won a game over the past month he has been out and if we did it would've only been maybe one game. At least Spiller has gotten some much needed experience and playing time out of it and has had two great games and is showing some promise. It will benefit us in the long run if Spiller ends up not being a bust and our RB for the future.

I still have doubts if Spiller will be the type of RB that can be an every down RB and carry the ball 300+ times a season but it still remains to be seen. Gailey isn't even giving him the chance to carry the ball 25 times a game. There has been a couple games where he was tearing it up and he only gave him 10-15 carries. At least give him a chance to carry the ball 20+ times a game especially when he is running the ball good and see how he handles the workload.

Novacane
12-24-2011, 11:45 AM
You could have stopped after your thread title. Our defense IS really bad.

djjimkelly
12-24-2011, 11:48 AM
i just made a bet on the broncos that shows where i think our defense is at!!

we need courtney upshaw

YardRat
12-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I already know our defense is bad.

Meathead
12-24-2011, 11:51 AM
first one thousand yards rushing game in nfl history

YardRat
12-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Chris Brown was on the radio pregame this AM and stated that he and Chris Kelsay believe that George Edwards has done a good job this season.

Now I also know that Brown and Kelsay are dumbasses.

BillsFever21
12-24-2011, 11:57 AM
You could have stopped after your thread title. Our defense IS really bad.

Of course we know it's bad but if Tebow lights us up then that will show we're even worse then we thought(if that's possible) especially coming from a QB who completes less then half of his passes and throws for 100 something yards a game most of the time.

TacklingDummy
12-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Because allowing 371 points isn't bad, nor is Reggie Bush 203 yards rushing yards, or being last in sacks with 21 with 10 of them coming in 1 game.

Novacane
12-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Chris Brown was on the radio pregame this AM and stated that he and Chris Kelsay believe that George Edwards has done a good job this season.

Now I also know that Brown and Kelsay are dumbasses.

Chris Brown is a stooge

Pinkerton Security
12-24-2011, 12:30 PM
I think we all already know our defense is bad...

MikeInRoch
12-24-2011, 01:22 PM
As much as I agree that our defense stinks, they've really stepped it up since that first drive.

YardRat
12-24-2011, 01:37 PM
As much as I agree that our defense stinks, they've really stepped it up since that first drive.

Yes, they have...I have to admit that much.

Now let's see how they adjust for the second half.

BillsFever21
12-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Damn Tebow really sucks. The lucky Tebow magic is officially over.

Philagape
12-24-2011, 02:51 PM
:whistle:

Philagape
12-24-2011, 03:01 PM
This would have been a great thread if the title were reversed.