PDA

View Full Version : What did Spiller do to deserve this?

DraftBoy
12-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Gailey's misuse of Spiller is mind boggling. Its down right criminal, guy has been taken out in almost every down and GL instance this game!

Novacane
12-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Chan is an idiot

sqad5
12-24-2011, 02:03 PM
spiller is the ****,i been waiting for this for 2 years,now we got 2 good backs,and watch next year gailey is gonna trade one because he's a dumb ****

Crisis
12-24-2011, 02:11 PM
and again. WTF is gailey doing

SabreEleven
12-24-2011, 02:14 PM
We need to draft a RB in the first round.

zone
12-24-2011, 02:15 PM
he is trying to install a power package at the goal line which he has no buisness doing. We are not a power running team.

zone
12-24-2011, 02:16 PM

LOL. According to Ralph we need better "runners".

Crisis
12-24-2011, 02:25 PM
choice drops a redzone TD

GOOD JOB CHAN

DraftBoy
12-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Chan Gailey should be fired for this **** alone. ****ing inexcusable at this point.

YardRat
12-24-2011, 03:20 PM
It is puzzling, to say the least.

Crisis
12-24-2011, 03:22 PM
we'd have put up 60 today if spiller got more redzone touches

Bert102176
12-24-2011, 03:24 PM

We will draft a RB in the 1st and we will trade Fred

YardRat
12-24-2011, 03:26 PM
If I were to guess, I would say Gailey is out-smarting himself.

He thinks Spiller isn't an in-between the tackles, pound the rock, red zone threat (and in all honesty he'd be right).
The compressed field puts more defenders in or close to the box, taking away any ability to get to a second level.
If Spiller is in the game, down close, the defense could guess pass and most of the time be right.
With Choice in there, the defense has to respect the run and the pass.

Or B)He's just a dumbass.

Coach Sal
12-24-2011, 09:35 PM
From after the game:

On why he takes RB C.J. Spiller out when the offense is in the red zone:

Gailey: First of all, he made about three long runs in a row a couple times and he was dead tired so we were trying to get Tashard (Choice) in there. Then on the goal line we have Tashard. He’s a bigger, stronger back and that’s why we put him in there in the goal line packages. It wasn’t set up for it to be that way completely. It just worked out that way where he made three long runs and needed a blow and that’s when we were in the red zone.

Oldbillsfan
12-24-2011, 09:45 PM
blah blah blah

Don't Panic
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Win 40-14 and the world is still doom and gloom... wow. Just wow.

PromoTheRobot
12-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Here's what happened...Fred Jackson happened. Now STFU.

PTR

sqad5
12-24-2011, 10:22 PM

PTR
Nope spiller is gonna be great,fred jackson is a ****ing beast as a running back,but spiller will never get to shine behind him or gailey as a coach

Crisis
12-24-2011, 10:31 PM

PTR

Uhh what does our RB on IR have anything to do with this?

alohabillsfan
12-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Gailey: First of all, he made about three long runs in a row a couple times and he was dead tired so we were trying to get Tashard (Choice) in there. Then on the goal line we have Tashard. He’s a bigger, stronger back and that’s why we put him in there in the goal line packages. It wasn’t set up for it to be that way completely. It just worked out that way where he made three long runs and needed a blow and that’s when we were in the red zone.

Anybody paying attention would have noticed that also. The one time Spiller made a long run and stayed in the next play he got the ball and had no legs. Pay attn peps...

PromoTheRobot
12-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Uhh what does our RB on IR have anything to do with this?

The question was what did Spiller do to deserve not getting touches. The answer was Freddy Jackson. Unfortunately the game of football is played with only one ball. So is Chan supposed to bench Freddy when he is tearing up the field?

PTR

Crisis
12-24-2011, 11:36 PM
The question was what did Spiller do to deserve not getting touches. The answer was Freddy Jackson. Unfortunately the game of football is played with only one ball. So is Chan supposed to bench Freddy when he is tearing up the field?

PTR

Well this thread is clearly about Spiller not getting touches in today's game in the redzone... which has nothing to do with Freddy

Beebe
12-25-2011, 12:21 AM
And this is why we don't win games,it's unfair how bad SPILLER gets treated,it's like a football movie were that one player gets treated bad and pisses every body watching the movie.We cry when we don't have the players and when we do we don't like to use them at all or miss use them for bad players, and then we say we can't execute.

John Doe
12-25-2011, 04:24 AM
I could have sworn that I saw Spiller score a TD on a short run near the goal line.

Crisis
12-25-2011, 04:31 AM
I could have sworn that I saw Spiller score a TD on a short run near the goal line.

Which was also the one time the offense didn't settle for a field goal all game.

YardRat
12-25-2011, 08:33 AM
By my count, Buffalo had 10 plays in the red zone, from the Denver 10 or closer, not including FG's or penalties. Choice had 2 carries, Spiller had 2.

Where's the beef?

better days
12-25-2011, 11:12 AM
By my count, Buffalo had 10 plays in the red zone, from the Denver 10 or closer, not including FG's or penalties. Choice had 2 carries, Spiller had 2.

Where's the beef?

The beef is Choice dropped a pass that would have been a TD for sure & Spiller would have caught it.

OpIv37
12-25-2011, 11:21 AM

PTR

If Jackson's the excuse for Spiller not getting touches earlier in his career, what's the FO's excuse for drafting Spiller when we had Jackson and Lynch on the roster?

We traded Lynch for a 4th that was used for Chris Hairston, who gets benched for 7th rounder Demetrius Bell.

We have no one who can play LB, our S's are hurting, we could use help at both RT and LT, and our CB situation depends on if Aaron Williams and Justin Rodgers pan out. And we need a true #1 WR, or at least a burner who can stretch the field and open some space for Stevie.

But, at RB, we have a situation where one star is/was keeping a potential star on the field. Great management there....

BuffaloBlitz83
12-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Crises, i recall all season long you ripping Spiller for sucking and being a bust with no skill. Funny now you like him.

Crisis
12-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Crises, i recall all season long you ripping Spiller for sucking and being a bust with no skill. Funny now you like him.

I like him over Tashard Choice, especially when Spiller has 8 YPC and gets taken off the field over him.