PDA

View Full Version : I wanted the Bills to lose for a draft pick until...

Thurmal
12-24-2011, 05:35 PM
...the game started.

Being a Bills fan and pulling for them to lose is like going against nature. We don't get to see many wins, so I'll enjoy them as they come, and I enjoyed every minute of that one. Seeing much-maligned players like Kelsay and McKelvin make huge plays, and also see Spiller develop into what will be a superstar was awesome.

Let's be honest; they'd blow the high pick anyway.

Novacane
12-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Barkley staying in school and Washington losing screwed any chance we had at a top QB so I was happy to win too. We actually have some young players that look like they could become good. I still don't think Fitz is our answer at QB.

zone
12-24-2011, 05:57 PM
...the game started.

Being a Bills fan and pulling for them to lose is like going against nature. We don't get to see many wins, so I'll enjoy them as they come, and I enjoyed every minute of that one. Seeing much-maligned players like Kelsay and McKelvin make huge plays, and also see Spiller develop into what will be a superstar was awesome.

Our young guys gained much needed experience in the wake of all the injures this year and you can clearly see some of them devoloping into what could be key players in the years to come.

I know it was frustrating not seeing CJ on the field as much as everyone would have liked in the last 2 years but you really can't argue with the results. He is nasty and watching him be at full speed in 1 or 2 steps is nothing short of amazing. Speed and illusiveness like that can not be taught and does not come around often. I have also been impressed with the toughness he has shown in between the tackles and contact at the end of runs.

I also love what I have seen out of our young secondary. Rodgers and Williams have been really impressive and Searcy has looked good as well.

If we can draft contributors this year and stay healthy next season I think we will have the experience and depth to finish out next year strong and make it to the post season.

ServoBillieves
12-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Was with my fiancee at the Panthers rout of TB, told myself I wouldn't check the Bills score, only if it crossed on the Jumbotron. At about 14:56 in the game I was on espn on my phone.

baalworship
12-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah, as soon as Barkley stayed in school losing out for a QB was no longer in the cards. So I enjoyed the win, even if I only listened to it on the radio.

Philagape
12-24-2011, 07:18 PM
I'd be happy with the top pass rusher in the draft, and it sounds as if they don't have to pick real high for that.

Buddo
12-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I'd be happy with the top pass rusher in the draft, and it sounds as if they don't have to pick real high for that.

It may actually work in the Bills favour this year.
Barkley not coming out means that there will be next to no chance of landing a top QB prospect, so we can focus on the two top needs (imho), of WR and OLB. It seems possible that we can get a very good WR with our first pick, and still get a good OLB in the 2nd round, if my first general impressions of who is going to be available, when, are correct.
Plenty of other picks then left to bolster the other areas, like a genuine C/G for depth, and OT the same.
The emergence of Williams and Rodgers, makes CB a much lesser 'need' this coming draft, imho, as McGee and Florence are still under contract iirc. If we can find another one like Rodgers later on, we should be ok with that group, especially if we can get a decent pass rusher in the 2nd round.

Biggest thing to do in the off season, is to try and get everyone healthy, and then keep them that way.
Williams will make a difference, I'm sure, being able to actually be 'full go', and for all that Merriman may not regain all of his former abilities, I think he showed enough in his discipline, to still be a useful component, providing he can stay fit.

The playing time the younger guys have seen this season, not only stands them in good stead for the future, but I felt that they did a lot of things right, and showed a deal more promise than we have seen from other years.

I'll say this for Nix and Gailey, while they might be 'old school' in many respects, it does seem as though they mostly have a pretty good idea of how long different guys will take to develop, and they aren't being too far wrong.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-24-2011, 08:24 PM
number 1 priority is to get a pass rusher or 2 possibly. fitz can keep us in games. we need an elite pass rush. that would help us win 3 more games right there...

TigerJ
12-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Asside from trying to lose so we can draft a QB, I don't think it makes a great deal of difference whether Buffalo is drafting 7th or 11th. They have enough needs that they are going to find a great player at a position of need wherever they draft in that range. A lot of fans think they should draft Courtney Upshaw for instance. I think he'll probably be available at ten or eleven.

Demon
12-25-2011, 01:47 AM

Like they blew the Dareus pick?

Because now we're in Maybin territory. Or Whitner territory. Or McKelvin territory.

Demon
12-25-2011, 01:51 AM
And BTW, i don't normally want the Bills to lose. Even for a pick. To me, picking 9th, 11th, or 13th, doesn't make too much difference. Unless you lose a ton, like last year, to pick 3rd. But, i did want the Bills to lose out, because i have ZERO faith in this organization. From coaches, to management, to scouting. I have no faith that with limited choices, they can pinpoint the right guy to get. So, picking 10th could be tough for these guys.

I, ALSO, hope that Nix gets fired, even if it's Doug Whaley who takes over. But, i'd prefer someone from outside the organization to take over and would like them to do their homework and have a high pick. I realize it's unlikely these idiots fire Nix, especially after an epic victory over Tim Tebow, so, picking 10th, i really am scared for our pick.

BertSquirtgum
12-25-2011, 01:52 AM
Fitzputrid still blows but I loved every minute of watching the Bills make Tebow look like a fool.