PDA

View Full Version : That Specer Johnson Int....

Thief
12-25-2011, 11:42 AM
How was that not a forced fumble by Kelsey? Tebows are was clearly not moving forward. WTF.

OpIv37
12-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Who cares?

We got the TD and it makes Tebow's stats look even more embarrassing.

It's win-win.

Thief
12-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Who cares? Chris Kelsey, Im sure. It would just be nice for the sake of accuracy.

gonzo1105
12-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Because to be considered a fumble it has to hit the ground. Just like the John Beck when he played for the dolphins. The ball slipped out of his hand and wilson caught it out of the air for the Td

Meathead
12-25-2011, 12:36 PM
it matters cuz it was make an awesome day by the white boy even more awesome

and it certainly does not have to hit the ground to be a fumble

Thief
12-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Gonzo, that is not true at all. A fumble does not have to hit the ground. Worth mentioning I am a ref. Plain and simple, his arm was moving back when Kelsey knocked it loose. That makes it a fumble. If Spencer didnt catch it, and they blew it dead, we would all be screaming wtf.

Thief
12-25-2011, 12:41 PM
It would give Kelsey 3 sacks on the day and a forced fumble!

naugem
12-25-2011, 01:53 PM
How was that not a forced fumble by Kelsey? Tebows are was clearly not moving forward. WTF.

I thought so too...

gonzo1105
12-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Gonzo, that is not true at all. A fumble does not have to hit the ground. Worth mentioning I am a ref. Plain and simple, his arm was moving back when Kelsey knocked it loose. That makes it a fumble. If Spencer didnt catch it, and they blew it dead, we would all be screaming wtf.

Actually im quite right, pg 51 of the nfl rulebook states that a completed or intercepted pass is defined when a pass is either caught or intercepted if a) secures the ball in his hands or arms before the ball touches the ground B) the player has both feet or any other part of the body besides the hands and C) performs an act that is typical nfl movement( paraphrased).

Also defined is a Forward pass in the NFL rule book: A forward pass is defined by the ball initially moving forward after the ball leaves the passers hand. The ball that Johnson intercepted was going towards the bills endzone. It wasn't much maybe a yard or two but it was going forward. So combine the Ball going forward and Johnson catching it before it hits the ground and you have an interception.

I was wrong on the Beck thing though. Since Beck lost the ball behind him it is considered a lateral and thus a fumble recovery for a Touchdown even though Wilson caught it.

This goes for both a completed and intercepted pass so if tebow got hit ball hits the ground its a fumble but because the ball was caught out of the air it is ruled an interception. Thus if a denver o lineman had caught it it would have been recorded as a completion.

Confusing I know but its the way the rules are defined. If you would like to check out the NFL rulebook here is the link:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2011_Rule_Book.pdf

Thief
12-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Actually im quite right, pg 51 of the nfl rulebook states that a completed or intercepted pass is defined when a pass is either caught or intercepted if a) secures the ball in his hands or arms before the ball touches the ground B) the player has both feet or any other part of the body besides the hands and C) performs an act that is typical nfl movement( paraphrased).

Also defined is a Forward pass in the NFL rule book: A forward pass is defined by the ball initially moving forward after the ball leaves the passers hand. The ball that Johnson intercepted was going towards the bills endzone. It wasn't much maybe a yard or two but it was going forward. So combine the Ball going forward and Johnson catching it before it hits the ground and you have an interception.

I was wrong on the Beck thing though. Since Beck lost the ball behind him it is considered a lateral and thus a fumble recovery for a Touchdown even though Wilson caught it.

This goes for both a completed and intercepted pass so if tebow got hit ball hits the ground its a fumble but because the ball was caught out of the air it is ruled an interception. Thus if a denver o lineman had caught it it would have been recorded as a completion.

Confusing I know but its the way the rules are defined. If you would like to check out the NFL rulebook here is the link:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2011_Rule_Book.pdf All Null in void, his arm was not moving forward when he lost control, it was moving backword. Thus it was not a pass. You can fumble forward, and a fumble can be caught in the air.

Oaf
12-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Because to be considered a fumble it has to hit the ground. Just like the John Beck when he played for the dolphins. The ball slipped out of his hand and wilson caught it out of the air for the Td
That was actually considered a FUM TD.

gonzo1105
12-26-2011, 01:10 PM
That was actually considered a FUM TD.

Read the above post where I admit I was wrong about Beck