PDA

View Full Version : After winning the game yesterday, the Bills now draft

Skooby
12-25-2011, 04:04 PM
In the exact same spot, 10th. A win with no draft punishment, a true Christmas miracle.

I want to wish everyone here from my Family to yours a very merry holiday, goodtimes are always are the corner.

gonzo1105
12-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I believe we are in a tie with kc and have the same strength of schedule as they do. We then hold the next tiebreaker over them which is division record. We are 1-4 while kc is 2-3. We could fall only to 11 and could pick as high as 8 if all other things go our way

YardRat
12-25-2011, 06:55 PM
NFL.com has us at 11, and if we would have lost we would've been at 9. Don't know if it's accurate, and I'm not an advocate of losing for draft position anyway, but...

mikemac2001
12-25-2011, 07:16 PM
i told my buddy if they win it better be entertaining for the fans. if it was 16-13 i would have been annoyed a little

glad they rocked thw ralph to end the year

gonzo1105
12-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I broke down the numbers and I believe both the Bills and Chiefs opponents have records of 124-116. This includes week 17 teams which not all sites do. This can obviously change next week based on each teams opponents. I could be off but you should follow gbnreport draft order because they take the whole year into account instead of week by week and gives a better perspective. For instance if it doesn't include week 17 the bills sos will be much lower because it wont include the pats at 13-2

Stewie
12-25-2011, 08:31 PM
if you think gaining draft spots is a good reason to lose, you are a loser and will always be a loser. LOSERS LOSE. WINNERS WIN. HELLO!?

better days
12-26-2011, 06:32 AM
if you think gaining draft spots is a good reason to lose, you are a loser and will always be a loser. LOSERS LOSE. WINNERS WIN. HELLO!?

Agreed. I would love to see the Bills win against the Pats* in the last game of the year & if the defense plays as well as it did against the Broncos, I think they have a shot.

tampabay25690
12-26-2011, 07:28 AM
The funny thing si I think we are a way better team then KC.
Just think if we were in the AFC West we could possibly be fighting for a playoff spot or the top spot in the west.
Don't forget are SCHEDULE was very difficult this year....

YardRat
12-26-2011, 08:38 AM
The funny thing si I think we are a way better team then KC.
Just think if we were in the AFC West we could possibly be fighting for a playoff spot or the top spot in the west.
Don't forget are SCHEDULE was very difficult this year....

Meh...we should have beaten the Bengals, the Giants, the Dolphins at least once and the Jets in the second game. No reason, and mostly attributable to an inept coaching staff, we shouldn't be 10-5 right now with the sixth playoff spot clinched.

better days
12-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Meh...we should have beaten the Bengals, the Giants, the Dolphins at least once and the Jets in the second game. No reason, and mostly attributable to an inept coaching staff, we shouldn't be 10-5 right now with the sixth playoff spot clinched.

I agree those were winnable games but I would put most of the blame on the players for the losses, especially Fitz.

Extremebillsfan247
12-26-2011, 10:33 AM
If the Bills lose to the Patriots, with some help they could move up to 9th overall still. But, beating New England could cause them to slip all the way down to the 15th overall. The Bills could end up at 10, but there is still a lot that can happen with just 1 game left to play. The good news if you want the Bills to lose is that the Patriots technically still have something to play for. Winning Sunday seals home field advantage for them in the post season. They may get it anyway, but a loss to Buffalo, coupled with wins from both Baltimore, and Pittsburgh will make things very interesting. JMO

YardRat
12-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I agree those were winnable games but I would put most of the blame on the players for the losses, especially Fitz.

The players certainly deserve their share of the blame, but preparation and game-planning (during the losing streak especially) was horrid IMO. Not to mention dicking around with Levitre on the o-line, sticking with McKelvin at CB for so long, etc.

Albany,n.y.
12-27-2011, 03:58 PM
That only applies to players & people involved with the team. I assume you are a fan like me & not associated with the Bills.
Only delusional fans think they are part of winning and losing. Fans who are in touch with reality know that we can't win or lose a game because we're not on the field or coaching the team. We can remember numerous times over the years that a player the team wanted to draft got picked a few spots higher than the Bills pick because the team won a meaningless game in December.
There's nothing wrong with a fan looking beyond one meaningless game & hoping the team can get better rather than spinning their wheels winning 6 or 7 games a year. In my opinion, if you're not a Super Bowl contender there's no difference between 4 wins and 7 wins. All the extra wins do is reduce your chances of improving the team through the draft.

better days
12-27-2011, 04:04 PM
That only applies to players & people involved with the team. I assume you are a fan like me & not associated with the Bills.
Only delusional fans think they are part of winning and losing. Fans who are in touch with reality know that we can't win or lose a game because we're not on the field or coaching the team. We can remember numerous times over the years that a player the team wanted to draft got picked a few spots higher than the Bills pick because the team won a meaningless game in December.
There's nothing wrong with a fan looking beyond one meaningless game & hoping the team can get better rather than spinning their wheels winning 6 or 7 games a year. In my opinion, if you're not a Super Bowl contender there's no difference between 4 wins and 7 wins. All the extra wins do is reduce your chances of improving the team through the draft.

I think Stewie is saying it is a LOSERS mentality to SUPPORT a team that WANTS to lose for a better draft pick.

Albany,n.y.
12-27-2011, 04:31 PM
I think Stewie is saying it is a LOSERS mentality to SUPPORT a team that WANTS to lose for a better draft pick.
No team members want to lose for a higher pick, if for no other reason that for a player, he's jeopardizing his own job, Also, no coach wants an L instead of a W on his resume. So I doubt he is saying anyone would be rooting for anyone associated with the team to want to lose. To me it is clear he is against fans rooting for losses.

It's more of a loser's mentality to be satisfied with never making the playoffs for over a decade and not changing your thinking about ways you would like to see the team improve. At this point I'm sick of seeing a meaningless win cause the team to draft JP Losman instead of Ben Roethlisburger, Marshawn Lynch instead of Patrick Willis, etc-players the Bills wanted who weren't there because of meaningless wins.

As a fan, I feel it's my right to want to see the team get better by any means possible & rooting against them winning after they are out of the playoffs does not make a fan a loser. I'm also aware that no matter what I root for, I will have no effect on what actually happens on the field-especially if I'm not at the game and I can't even help with the noise level or atmosphere.

Dujek
12-28-2011, 06:03 AM
I'll worry about the draft in April. Just win every ****ing game we can.

Beating the Pats next week would be the perfect cure for my New Year's hangover...