X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

I want a QB

I want a QB & I have one in mind, Jason Campbell. He was playing very well for Oakland before getting injured & will be a FA.

I would not mind both Fitz & Campbell on the team, but if they have to, I would dump Fitz for Campbell. I think Chan could really utilize his abilities.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: I want a QB

If the Bills don't sign him, I would not be surprised if the Fins or Jets did.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Campbell would be a decent candidate if Fitzpatrick were not already on this team. But Fitz is the teams starter whether we like him or not. That is the unfortunate reality of it. I'm going to agree with Ralph Wilson's opinion that this team needs better receivers. Give us a Victor Cruz to pair with Stevie Johnson and the offense will just come to life. We already have a good running game with Jackson and Spiller. Chandler isn't half bad as a TE. Receiver, and Oline depth is the way to go in my opinion.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I want Matt Barkley in 2013!!!
        Based on what we have seen the last few years on the field, the Bills might be in position to draft him.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I want a #1 WR, a legit LT, a pass-rushing OLB and a shut-down corner.

Sucks to want, doesn't it?
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Based on what we have seen the last few years on the field, the Bills might be in position to draft him.
            USC QB's suck. Matt Leinert, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassell, etc. Carson Palmer is okay.

PTR
            10 Commandments of the D
            1. Never stop Rocking.
            2. Legalize all drugs.
            3. Quit your day job.
            4. All Religion should be taxed.
            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
            6. F**k her gently.
            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

I think Campbell could push Fitz into not playing like Fitzputrid all the time. Then, if he does, put Campbell in.

Comment

• dog14787
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                Campbell would be a decent candidate if Fitzpatrick were not already on this team. But Fitz is the teams starter whether we like him or not. That is the unfortunate reality of it. I'm going to agree with Ralph Wilson's opinion that this team needs better receivers. Give us a Victor Cruz to pair with Stevie Johnson and the offense will just come to life. We already have a good running game with Jackson and Spiller. Chandler isn't half bad as a TE. Receiver, and Oline depth is the way to go in my opinion.
                On a team with many holes

I think the Bills have every intention of finding a promising young QB prospect, but only If Buffalo deems them possible franchise material and they become available without Buffalo sacraficing to much to get him.

It makes perfect sense to keep improving the team as we search so when and If we do find him, we can allow the prospect every opportunity to succeed via coaching/ supporting cast.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Barkley will most likely be the 1st QB taken next year, maybe even #1 in the draft. There is no way the Bills will be in position to draft him even with Fitz at QB.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

We won't draft a QB, if Ralph's recent blurb to the AP means anything. He blames overall injuries and shortages at WR.

Ralph may order a WR for Fitz over a pass rusher but let's see how FA plays out first. Depends if Steve Johnsons agent is pricing him out of Buffalo.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dog14787
                      On a team with many holes

I think the Bills have every intention of finding a promising young QB prospect, but only If Buffalo deems them possible franchise material and they become available without Buffalo sacraficing to much to get him.

It makes perfect sense to keep improving the team as we search so when and If we do find him, we can allow the prospect every opportunity to succeed via coaching/ supporting cast.
                      This is exactly why I want the Bills to sign Campbell. He is a FA so he will cost nothing but his salary. He is 30 years old, but should have 6-7 years left in him & he is ready to play NOW.

Unless Fitz has an injury that is being kept under wraps, I have lost all faith in him. IMO Fitz played a very small part in the win over the Broncos.

Comment

• dog14787
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by better days
                        This is exactly why I want the Bills to sign Campbell. He is a FA so he will cost nothing but his salary. He is 30 years old, but should have 6-7 years left in him & he is ready to play NOW.

Unless Fitz has an injury that is being kept under wraps, I have lost all faith in him. IMO Fitz played a very small part in the win over the Broncos.

Myself personally, I like the idea of bringing Jason Cambell in, I really do, but I don't think its going to happen because of how strongly Gailey feels about Fitz.

Comment

• dog14787
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Night Train
                          We won't draft a QB, if Ralph's recent blurb to the AP means anything. He blames overall injuries and shortages at WR.

Ralph may order a WR for Fitz over a pass rusher but let's see how FA plays out first. Depends if Steve Johnsons agent is pricing him out of Buffalo.
                          RW knows enough to stand behind his new contract with Fitzpatrick because If he doesn't the whole organization looks foolish.
                          Last edited by Figster; 12-26-2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

The question is does the Bills brass think they even need a QB?

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dog14787
                              RW knows enough to stand behind his new contract with Fitzpatrick because If he doesn't the whole organization looks foolish.

We're way past that point.

Comment

Working...
                              X