Where were you during the GREATEST COMEBACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hemi13
    • Jan 2004

Where were you during the GREATEST COMEBACK!

I was sitting in a bar in Denver with my Denver Bills Backers. At kick off we had over 100 Bills Fans watching. By halftime we were down to 6 of us. I remember standing up and saying. "That's it, I'm out of here"! My friends told me I was going nowhere. I had to stay and watch the pain with them.
    Glad I did.
    One of my greatest memories of all time.
    Bills Backers of Tucson
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Where were you during the GREATEST COMEBACK!

At home, listening on the radio. I miss Van Miller.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

I lived in Rochester then. I had to work so my boss could go to the game. Otherwise I would have been there. Back in '93 Syracuse was not in the blackout zone and I could get Ch.3 off my rooftop aerial, so I taped the game on my VCR.

I was a DJ at an ice rink and had to play music for skaters. We were down 35-3 by the time I started the session. As we got closer I started posting the score on the rink scoreboard for the skaters. Once we got within one TD I put Van Miller's radio call on the rink sound system.

The game ended just as the session ended. The rink had a bar so I ran home, got the VHS tape, and started playing the 2nd half in the bar, so we all got to see the game within an hour of the end. Some folks in the bar had no idea how the game actually ended till they saw it on tape.

I'm pretty sure I have the VHS tape somewhere.

PTR
      Last edited by PromoTheRobot; 12-26-2011, 10:46 AM.
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      4. All Religion should be taxed.
      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
      6. F**k her gently.
      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I was watching from our then home in Sparta, New Jersey, and I was surprisingly calm considering the first half, and the Oilers' quick score in the 2nd. For once, I wasn't ranting and raving and giving up. Don't ask me why.

It was about 2 years later when we became empty nesters and got our season tickets. Thus began a 15 year travel ordeal from New Jersey and later North Carolina to almost every home game. And soon after began our playoff drought.
        Last edited by Jan Reimers; 12-26-2011, 11:23 AM.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
          At home, listening on the radio. I miss Van Miller.
          Me too and I turned off the radio at half time pissed off to all hell. I did eventually turn it back on to miss the Oilers defensive TD but did catch come back though.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

I was with my family watching at a sports bar/restaurant. AGAINST MY OBJECTIONS, we left at halftime. I came back on my own after the comeback began, and stood in a packed, raucous entryway during the whole fourth Q and OT.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• msfdurango
              • Sep 2007

I was at the stadium with my two boys ages 7 and 12, My seven year old was wanting to leave at half time. I told him no we had come to see the game and we were going to stay until it ended, So glad we did, Both boys are featured in the highlight video of the game.

Comment

• tatersalad
                • Apr 2008

In Las Vegas left at halftime with three college girls singing luv u blue... Get to airport and missed flight back to Buffalo cause I had to watch rest of game went back to Flamingo and looked for college girls couldnt find them....,

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

I was at a beach front condominium. A friend went out for vacation and asked us (the the wife and I) to take care her place. Booze, food, pool, jaccuzzy and a beautiful beach front view for free! I think this game was the game that made my wife to pay more atention to my beloved Bills, as she was having fun too. This game is the reason of why I stay watching the games until the very end.
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

I was visiting a friend in Florida at the time so I got to watch the game.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Club KC in Buffalo, watching the game illegally at the bar. The owner had a card burned that gave him the game, man that place was rocking.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

In the stadium, the electricity in the second half was UNREAL. Unmatched until I went to the first two home games this year.

Comment

• LarryBoy
                          The world needs a hero!
                          • Apr 2003

At my girlfriends(now my wife) house...at half time I told her "dont worry they will come back" -and to think i was kidding
                          Bills Rock!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tatersalad
                            In Las Vegas left at halftime with three college girls singing luv u blue... Get to airport and missed flight back to Buffalo cause I had to watch rest of game went back to Flamingo and looked for college girls couldnt find them....,

they ended up with me.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                              • Jul 2002

at the game with 8 or 9 other friends. It was pretty depressing at half time but the most amazing experience ever. I remember looking around at the section after the game and most people were crying. The only thing to compare to it was the afc championship game vs Oakland (51-3), but obviously for different reasons. That game was one 3 hour celebration in perfect weather (for Buffalo in january).

Comment

Working...
                              X