PDA

View Full Version : How do you score 40 and be 2/13 on 3rd downs?

PTI
12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Well, the Bills somehow did, and they must take a QB in the first round, no matter if it is a reach, the Bills cannot win with Ryan Fitzpatrick, he is a terrible starting QB and would simply be an average backup too because he is so inaccurate and is a turnover machine.

Bills have 4 INTs against the Patriots, Eagles and Broncos, and barely win against the Patriots and Eagles.

Please cut Fitzpatrick after he throws interceptions 20 and 21 in the Patriots game!

He sucked this past Sunday again.

Doesn't help when your HC is a stubborn, overthinking, inept piece of crap of a HC too.

YardRat
12-26-2011, 02:33 PM
1 punt return and 2 pick 6's = 21....the offense only managed 4 FG's and 1 TD.

It certainly helps when your teams and defense can outscore your offense, but it's not really any kind of formula for consistent success.

PTI
12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Yard, I know, I watched the game, but they were lucky the Broncos were so terrible on Saturday.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Fitzputrid stinks

streetkings01
12-26-2011, 03:05 PM
To be fair to the offense, Rayner did miss 2 FG + they had like lived inside the Broncos 20 all game.......they just couldn't convert the FGs into TDs.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I could post SO much on this thread, but as we know, Hurkey is a moron, PTI is a troll, and Yard just points out that all 3 facets of NFL football configure in to the game of football.

It's going to be hilarious the responses to this.

I wish my warning percentage wasn't so high.

YardRat
12-26-2011, 03:48 PM
I could post SO much on this thread, but as we know, Hurkey is a moron, PTI is a troll, and Yard just points out that all 3 facets of NFL football configure in to the game of football.

Does that mean I win by default?

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Only Bills fans search for reasons to be miserable after a 26pt win. Check out the Denver board and see how they feel right now.

PTR

SABURZFAN
12-26-2011, 04:22 PM
:lolpoint:
I wish my warning percentage wasn't so high.

Philagape
12-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Tim Tebow, that's how.

The last buffalo fan
12-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Tim Tebow, that's how.

They are an above average running team in the NFL, add to that the greatest Runnim Tebow, and I can't ****ing understand why they couldnt run on our great defense. :idunno:

Oaf
12-26-2011, 04:56 PM

How is PTI a troll? For being right about waiting to extend Fitz?

We were terrible on offense minus Spiller and our run blocking concepts.

ServoBillieves
12-26-2011, 06:06 PM
PTI says pure luck, no talent, we just got lucky this past game. This is one game, where has the luck been the past 7 games? Where was the luck with those 5 wins before the slump, when Fitzy was on ESPN, had the best QB rating in the league, but then lost his starting center and both of his LT's? Injuries to top receivers do anything against Fitzy? No... of course they don't, that would be too easy for an intelligent person to see, or do we seriously need another good QB to throw to them and waste a draft pick?

"zomg he's a Fitz ballicker"

Again, give me a good reason, just 1 psychic, foreseeing being who told anybody that Ryan Fitzpatrick won't be able to play football behind a healthy offensive line and throwing to healthy receivers.

PTI
12-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Fitz couldn't do it for the Rams, could not do it for the Bengals, and is showing he is not a very good QB for his career in November and December no matter where he has been. This cannot be disputed in any way, and all team's have injuries. His history shows he sucks as the weather changes, he can maybe try and play for a dome team!!!

Look, getting 40 points when your offense is 2/13 means your opposition had to make mistakes and allow big plays, I assume many people know this, it is obvious the defense of the Bills and special teams of the Bills had to of made plays, and they did, they made plays, AND the Broncos were terrible. Were the Bills lucky they were terrible? Well, if your offense is 2/13 on 3rd down and you crush the other team, there is nothing wrong with saying we were lucky the other team sucked (well, on offense, and special teams), because they did.

BillsFever21
12-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Where were the injuries to our top WR's that played a part in Fitzpatrick's demise? I guess unless you call Donald Jones a top WR then there wasn't any. Either that or missing Easley who has never played an NFL game or Parrish who has been hurt since halfway through last season?

You can use excuses if you want but don't use injuries to his top WR's that don't exist as an excuse. That is just showing that you are using excuses. Now if it was Stevie Johnson and even David Nelson along with them you could give a pass but not with the injuries we did have.

Fact is the first three games he was good in the first game and the 2nd half of the two other games. Weeks 4-7 he was average at best. After week 7 he played like one of the worse starting QB's in the league.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2011, 07:03 PM
PTI says pure luck, no talent, we just got lucky this past game. This is one game, where has the luck been the past 7 games? Where was the luck with those 5 wins before the slump, when Fitzy was on ESPN, had the best QB rating in the league, but then lost his starting center and both of his LT's? Injuries to top receivers do anything against Fitzy? No... of course they don't, that would be too easy for an intelligent person to see, or do we seriously need another good QB to throw to them and waste a draft pick?

"zomg he's a Fitz ballicker"

Again, give me a good reason, just 1 psychic, foreseeing being who told anybody that Ryan Fitzpatrick won't be able to play football behind a healthy offensive line and throwing to healthy receivers.

Oh my god, do you really believe in Fitzputrid? What is wrong with you?

SabreEleven
12-26-2011, 07:09 PM
The Bills win is just giving most fans false hope for next season when it's going to be some good games but in the end it will be a 7-9 or 6-10 2012 season

mikemac2001
12-26-2011, 07:23 PM
To be fair to the offense, Rayner did miss 2 FG + they had like lived inside the Broncos 20 all game.......they just couldn't convert the FGs into TDs.

ya they had chances redzone O wasnt great (but was early in the year thats the difference)

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Bills need to draft Courtney Upshaw.

BillsFever21
12-26-2011, 07:33 PM
The Bills win is just giving most fans false hope for next season when it's going to be some good games but in the end it will be a 7-9 or 6-10 2012 season

I hear you. It's something that we can lose 7 games in a row and get totally blown out in 5 of them and then we finally win a game and all of a sudden some think we are a good team again and next year will be different.

trapezeus
12-26-2011, 09:12 PM
the bills recipe to success relies on turnovers. that's not a great thing to rely on. the offense was ok whenrunning. not great on throwing. if they played that game again this sunday, they'll lose.

Syderick
12-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Bills need a Defense

Syderick
12-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Fits has 3500 passing yards and over 20 tds passing. How many Bills qbs have done that in the last 10 years. Yea he's got a wild gunslinger style, but who are the Bills going to replace him with? They've been searching for years, rookies, FA veterans...etc with no avail.

The Bills really need to focus on Defense, because not many QBs if any could win with this weak D.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Well, the Bills somehow did, and they must take a QB in the first round, no matter if it is a reach, the Bills cannot win with Ryan Fitzpatrick, he is a terrible starting QB and would simply be an average backup too because he is so inaccurate and is a turnover machine.

Bills have 4 INTs against the Patriots, Eagles and Broncos, and barely win against the Patriots and Eagles.

Please cut Fitzpatrick after he throws interceptions 20 and 21 in the Patriots game!

Doesn't help when your HC is a stubborn, overthinking, inept piece of crap of a HC too.

I am confused, do you like or dislike Chan Gailey?

jamze132
12-27-2011, 06:48 AM
One reason for going 2/13 and 0/Miami is the fact that Gailey takes out Spiller and inserts a toilet bowl. Why?

Cleve
12-27-2011, 08:58 AM
The easy answer here is - it was a lucky day for special teams and defense where they caught some breaks. offense scored fewer points than Defense/Special teams, which tells you how bad this offense is.

Blitzpatrick remains inept. His rating was ONLY 78 for this game - and that's been his best game in a while.

This team will go nowhere with a front office that allows Ralph Wilson Jr to make sweeping personnel decisions. A Bellichek or a Parcells would NEVER allow Wilson to decide all Blitzpatrick needs is better people around him, as he pronounced last week. Wilson didn't have a football mind 20 years ago - and he's only gotten more inept in that area as he's aged.

Novacane
12-27-2011, 08:58 AM

Agree with everything except we must take a QB in round 1 even if it's a reach. Losman repeat? No thanks!

PTI
12-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Fits has 3500 passing yards and over 20 tds passing. How many Bills qbs have done that in the last 10 years. Yea he's got a wild gunslinger style, but who are the Bills going to replace him with? They've been searching for years, rookies, FA veterans...etc with no avail.

The Bills really need to focus on Defense, because not many QBs if any could win with this weak D.

During the game last night they showed team averages are almost 244 yards passing a game this season, this is 2011, please remember this, rules have changed, and Chan is stubborn and throws on 1st and goal from the 1. 244 yards translate to 3660 yards passing over 15 games, so basically Fitz is average in today's game.

Syderick
12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
During the game last night they showed team averages are almost 244 yards passing a game this season, this is 2011, please remember this, rules have changed, and Chan is stubborn and throws on 1st and goal from the 1. 244 yards translate to 3660 yards passing over 15 games, so basically Fitz is average in today's game.

He'll have over 3660 next weekend. 49ers are winning with Alex Smith and the Jets win with Mark Sanchez. The Bills just need a solid QB and a good team around him to win.

PTI
12-27-2011, 01:03 PM
He'll have over 3660 next weekend. 49ers are winning with Alex Smith and the Jets win with Mark Sanchez. The Bills just need a solid QB and a good team around him to win.

So, let's do the math, 244 * 16 is 3904, so basically in terms of team passing yards, almost 4000 is average now. 23 teams are likely to have 20 TD passes, 18 already do, including the Broncos, they have 20. There is nothing special about Fitz's numbers at all and the Bills passing game in general, especially when you consider how many INTs Fitz throws too.

Cleve
12-27-2011, 01:13 PM
We're 15th in the league in total passing yards. But it's because Gailey runs a passing based offense. As evidence of that we're 11th in the league in total pass attempts.

More damning is the yards per pass statistic. We're tied for 23rd place with only 6.7 yards per pass, but yet number 9 in completed pass percentage.

Based on the above numbers, Gailey's game plan clearly involves a lot of little safe, short yardage pass plays. Fitzpatrick does not have a deep arm - that should be crystal clear after two seasons of watching him stumble on the field. So you can't blame Gailey for modeling the game plan on a QB that lacks a serious arm.

But even WITH Gailey's essentially checkdown game plan, despite that Fitzpatrick's passer rating stinks and puts him in the bottom 3rd of QBs. To me that shows he doesn't execute well. At all.

Syderick
12-27-2011, 03:39 PM
So, let's do the math, 244 * 16 is 3904, so basically in terms of team passing yards, almost 4000 is average now. 23 teams are likely to have 20 TD passes, 18 already do, including the Broncos, they have 20. There is nothing special about Fitz's numbers at all and the Bills passing game in general, especially when you consider how many INTs Fitz throws too.

In the last few years no Bills QB could hit 3000 yards in a season. Fitz is 11th in league in passing yards. If they could find someone better, I'm all for it, but they can't. Fitz is going to be the starter wether you like it or not.

better days
12-27-2011, 03:56 PM
In the last few years no Bills QB could hit 3000 yards in a season. If they could find someone better, I'm all for it, but they can't. Fitz is going to be the starter wether you like it or not.

I think you are right Fitz will be the starter next year, but Campbell has thrown for over 3000 yds twice while on the Skins & it looks like he would have broken 3000 yds in 2010 & 2011 on the Raiders if he played the full 16 games both years. Campbell also has a lifetme rating of 82.8 which is much better than Fitz.

Syderick
12-27-2011, 04:08 PM
I think you are right Fitz will be the starter next year, but Campbell has thrown for over 3000 yds twice while on the Skins & it looks like he would have broken 3000 yds in 2010 & 2011 on the Raiders if he played the full 16 games both years. Campbell also has a lifetme rating of 82.8 which is much better than Fitz.

If he's available and for the right price sure. QB competition may help either QB. But the Bills have bigger issues right now with Defense and Depth.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-27-2011, 04:47 PM
they just couldn't convert the FGs into TDs.

Thats the story of Buffalo.

Night Train
12-27-2011, 05:02 PM
By scoring multiple TD's on ST's and D.

better days
12-27-2011, 05:31 PM
If he's available and for the right price sure. QB competition may help either QB. But the Bills have bigger issues right now with Defense and Depth.

I agree the Bills do have bigger issues, but I hate the thought of the Jets signing Campbell. If the Jets want to keep Sanchez, they will have to pay him a lot of money next year & they may decide he is not worth it.

Oaf
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM

Can anyone gif-up that 3rd down where Fitz one-hopped a throw to Choice standing FIVE YARDS away? :trance:

Forward_Lateral
12-29-2011, 02:07 PM
My head just exploded.