PDA

View Full Version : What other coaches are on the hot seat?

YardRat
12-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Del Rio, Haley and Sparano are already gone. Who else loses their job after this season is over?

Morris in Tampa?
Norv Turner?
What about Lovie Smith?
Gailey?

Anybody else?

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Not Gailey. Wishful thinking.

PTR

YardRat
12-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Not Gailey. Wishful thinking.

PTR

Do you think the Denver win saved his (and possibly G.Edwards') job?

tatersalad
12-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Gailey, imho has done a good job so far, he is getting the most out of what he has he beat NE with a healthy squad his depth has been stretched to moving a guard to 3 different positions in 3 weeks, we will win here sooner than later the team is taking shape i can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Jaydog57
12-26-2011, 04:15 PM
I think Andy Reid will be gone after the season is over.

Ginger Vitis
12-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Rex Ryan I think is a small possibility

PromoTheRobot
12-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Do you think the Denver win saved his (and possibly G.Edwards') job?
Gailey was never in danger. Only on chat boards.

PTR

Extremebillsfan247
12-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Do you think the Denver win saved his (and possibly G.Edwards') job? My opinion on that is Gailey's job was safe regardless. It's only his 2nd season with the team. He may have been forced to fire Edwards had Buffalo lost to Denver, but I think that is as far as that would have went. Edwards may have helped his cause more than anything there.

Extremebillsfan247
12-26-2011, 04:42 PM
I can tell you that I think the coach your likely to hear a lot about in the offseason is Brian Schottenheimer. Jets may fire him. However, he is probably going to be one of the hottest Head Coaching prospects on the market once the Jets let him go. He wont be unemployed for very long. JMO

DraftBoy
12-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Raheem Morris has reportedly already been told he will be let go at the conclusion of this season.

Jim Caldwell is firmly on the hot seat imo.

Night Train
12-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Rams will be the first to fire their coach. Eagles & Giants will think hard about it.

Gailey was never in trouble.

Lexwhat
12-26-2011, 09:48 PM
I think the only coaches who are gone for sure are Raheem Morris, Norv Turner, and Steve Spagnuolo (logically speaking, why would Spagnuolo come back for a lame-duck year?).

Jim Caldwell -- This one is the hardest for me to figure out. If I was Bill Polian, I would bring in a Defensive-minded coach and go with Peyton Manning as my starting QB next season (even if Andrew Luck is drafted).

I think 2 NFC East Coaches (Reid and Coughlin) will get one last chance next year. (I don't think Coughlin misses the playoffs this year, so things are looking good for him, IMO).

I don't think there's any chance Lovie Smith or Rex Ryan or Chan Gailey get fired this year. They'll all be back.

better days
12-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Raheem Morris has reportedly already been told he will be let go at the conclusion of this season.

Jim Caldwell is firmly on the hot seat imo.

Yeah, the talk on the radio down here today was all about who would make a good replacement for Raheem.

BillsFever21
12-26-2011, 10:08 PM
There is no chance that Rex Ryan gets fired.

BertSquirtgum
12-26-2011, 10:21 PM
I know this not likely to happen but does anybody think Chan Gailey would accept a demotion to offensive coordinator over being fired if the Bills wanted to try and bring in Bill Cowher.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Gailey was never in danger. Only on chat boards.

PTR
You'd have to have a great deal of ignorance to suggest that a late-season collapse on the order of the one the Bills have had this season wouldn't put the head coach's job in jeopardy.

DBrown77
12-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Changing coaches every 2 years doesn't help build a franchise.

SabreEleven
12-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Changing coaches every 2 years doesn't help build a franchise.

Bringing ****ty coaches to replace ****ty coaches doesn't help build a franchise either. Who would want this job if they fire Chan?

And the only reason Edwards is getting credit for doing a good job this weekend is because Teabow sucks.

Historian
12-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Turner should be fired.

He should never have an HC job again.

Classic underachievers with a pretty damn good roster.

Ryan will weather a media storm, but if you're a Jet fan, you have to almost wonder why his teams underachieve every year.

Answer: Because they're as sloppy and undisciplined as he is.

The King
12-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Bringing ****ty coaches to replace ****ty coaches doesn't help build a franchise either. Who would want this job if they fire Chan?

And the only reason Edwards is getting credit for doing a good job this weekend is because Teabow sucks.

Exactly no one wanted this job... we need to roll with the punches.

TacklingDummy
12-27-2011, 08:23 AM

Marv Levy couldn't win the past decade with the talent that's been put on the field.

Talented players make coaches look good. Bad talent makes them look bad.

Syderick
12-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Marv Levy couldn't win the past decade with the talent that's been put on the field.

Good coaching helps alot. Look at the Texans Defense before and after Wade Phillips got there. The Bills do need more talent but they also could use a better D Coordinator.

DBrown77
12-27-2011, 10:51 AM
i have no problem with Gailey at this point. He hasnt been stellar, but hes working with what he has. Injuries havent helped either.

YardRat
12-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Turner should be fired.

He should never have an HC job again.

I'd bring him in as OC pretty quickly.

The Jokeman
12-27-2011, 10:35 PM

True but HC that choose to transition their team from a 4-3 to a 3-4 without looking at the talent on the roster are foolish. As the transition from the 3-4 to 4-3 ultimately cost Gregg Williams his job and likely will cost Chan his job next year unless somehow we find a pass rusher or two and shore up some holes on offense next year. That said I don't blame Chan I ultimately blame Wilson who is a great businessman but a horrible NFL owner.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Pat Shurmur in Cleveland should be.

For a guy who is an offensive minded coach, holy cow does Cleveland's offense lack imagination, creativity and production.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Mularkey did win when he had a real QB. Then Donahoe decided it was time to let Just Pathetic play.

Jeff1220
12-29-2011, 11:26 AM
I'd bring him in as OC pretty quickly.

Word around here is that the Ravens already have Turner in their crosshairs. Seems like a pretty good fit w/them to me too.

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Word around here is that the Ravens already have Turner in their crosshairs. Seems like a pretty good fit w/them to me too.

Doubt it. That would be against NFL rules and the Ravens could be fined heavily for it.

Jeff1220
12-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Doubt it. That would be against NFL rules and the Ravens could be fined heavily for it.

I didn't say they've contacted him, but the rumors are that if he becomes available, they will be going after him. As if that sort of rumor/info never comes out from teams. :rolleyes: