PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft 3.0

DraftBoy
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft/

Bills go QB, OLB, and OT but not necessarily in that order.

Rip it up, love it, hate it, I'm all ears for feedback.

DieHrdBillsFan23
12-26-2011, 09:59 PM
whats the reason you have Quinton Coples dropping? thought he would be the first DE/OLB off the board, and possible bills pick?

DraftBoy
12-26-2011, 10:09 PM
whats the reason you have Quinton Coples dropping? thought he would be the first DE/OLB off the board, and possible bills pick?

I will have that answer to the first question tomorrow night on the Three Days In April podcast.

I think he is a possible Bills pick given how many times the Bills scouts have been to UNC games this year.

Bangarang
12-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Why Lindley? How often do QBs have terrible completion %'s in college and go on to change that in the pros? Seems like taking a QB for the sake of taking one imo.

djjimkelly
12-26-2011, 10:31 PM
dont want to nit pick but st louis is drafting 2# maybe 1st not 3rd

dannyek71
12-26-2011, 10:38 PM
WTF are you smoking?!!!!! No RB in the 1st 2 rounds. Drafting an OL in the first 4?

NEVER happen with this organization. Look for more RBs, WRs and CBs.

kingJofNYC
12-26-2011, 10:56 PM
I just don't know what to make of any of these pass rushers, they've mind ****ed me. Coples played like **** today.

Would any of you be oppossed to taking DeCastro if he's the best OL at the pick? I think he may be the best lineman in the whole draft. Also wouldn't mind taking Kendall Wright, I think he's a stud and early teens isn't much of a reach, don't think he gets out of the 1st.

DraftBoy
12-26-2011, 11:01 PM
dont want to nit pick but st louis is drafting 2# maybe 1st not 3rd

Thanks, completely overlooked that. Picks remained the same.

DraftBoy
12-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Why Lindley? How often do QBs have terrible completion %'s in college and go on to change that in the pros? Seems like taking a QB for the sake of taking one imo.

The issue with arguing stats is that you can make them say anything. For instance there is a RB who has run for over 2,000 yards three straight years in this draft, would you take him if you were a RB needy team?

Lindley plays is a high pass offense, incompletions can and will happen. Even then he's over 55% for his career, and last year he was over 57% and lost his top three or four WR's from 2010. His INT's have gone down every year and his TD:INT ratio has gone up.

gonzo1105
12-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Thank you for giving Jenkins his just due. I have been saying for quite awhile he's the best pass rushing OLB in the draft. Would take hightower in the 2nd though fix that LB core

YardRat
12-27-2011, 06:17 AM
The issue with arguing stats is that you can make them say anything. For instance there is a RB who has run for over 2,000 yards three straight years in this draft, would you take him if you were a RB needy team?

Lindley plays is a high pass offense, incompletions can and will happen. Even then he's over 55% for his career, and last year he was over 57% and lost his top three or four WR's from 2010. His INT's have gone down every year and his TD:INT ratio has gone up.

Please don't point him out to Buddy and Chan.

YardRat
12-27-2011, 06:20 AM
The only one that raises my eyebrows in the top 10 is KC taking RB Lamar Miller.

tampabay25690
12-27-2011, 06:42 AM
DB filled some needs.
Won't rip it at all becasue it's a mock and very early.
Nicely done though.

Night Train
12-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Great job.

My only worry is that Ralph may order the Bills to select WR Jeffrey of South Carolina if they let SJ walk. His recent AP interview made it sound like he doesn't wish to be seen as foolish for the Fitz contract and is ordering immediate help...and we know Ralph loves to meddle.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 06:46 AM
The only one that raises my eyebrows in the top 10 is KC taking RB Lamar Miller.

That's the intended consequence but with Charles going down this year the KC lack of depth was exposed. McCluster is basically what I said he would be coming into the NFL and Battle was nice but not somebody you can depend on.

In a league where having your top two RB's be 1a and 1b I think this pick makes more sense. Plus there isn't a QB available and while OT is a need I think they really like the development of David Mims over drafting another rookie.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Great job.

My only worry is that Ralph may order the Bills to select WR Jeffrey of South Carolina if they let SJ walk. His recent AP interview made it sound like he doesn't wish to be seen as foolish for the Fitz contract and is ordering immediate help...and we know Ralph loves to meddle.

I have no problem with Jeffrey when he's motivated, and while I think he will declare it wouldn't shock me if he didn't because his stock is in the toilet. He played over weight this year, looked like he didn't care, and got sloppy.

He may stick for one more come back and have a killer season, or he may leave be a sub top 10 pick which he shouldn't be given his talent.

k-oneputt
12-27-2011, 08:24 AM
I thought you said Reiff was getting drafted before Kalil.

If the Bills take those three guys I will be pissed off.

k-oneputt
12-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Your boy Dwight Jones played like a lazy dog yesterday too,
but so did everyone else on that team.

Jones made a great td catch then half-assed a fade pattern and a ball that was intercepted.

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Why on earth would we take Ryan Lindley?

I have been saying this for YEARS. If we aren't going to get a franchise QB early don't bother waisting a pick on a QB.

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2011, 08:39 AM
I guess I don't hate the first pick though.

I don't know all that much about him. He seems to have measurables but is that his real size? Or is this another Maybin?

better days
12-27-2011, 08:39 AM
As a Bucs fan, I sure as hell hope they don't draft a RB in the 1st rnd.

A CB, LB or WR is a MUCH greater need IMO.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2011, 08:46 AM
I'd like to see a WR that can stretch the field with our 2nd or 3rd round pick, rather than an OT or a project QB. But given our wide variety of needs, I'd be happy with anyone that could contribute.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 10:35 AM
I thought you said Reiff was getting drafted before Kalil.

If the Bills take those three guys I will be pissed off.

I didn't say that. I said I have Reiff higher rated.

Somebody is going to be pissed off no matter who we take.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Your boy Dwight Jones played like a lazy dog yesterday too,
but so did everyone else on that team.

Jones made a great td catch then half-assed a fade pattern and a ball that was intercepted.

Havent watched the game yet, plan to this evening. Heard the whole team looked atrocious.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 10:37 AM

I have been saying this for YEARS. If we aren't going to get a franchise QB early don't bother waisting a pick on a QB.

If you stick the idea of only taking a QB early then you are risking too much. Putting all your eggs into the first round basket that has produced far more busts than stars is essentially throwing away a top pick and setting your franchise back. Its a very risky strategy to play with because it could in the end cost your coach and GM their jobs.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I guess I don't hate the first pick though.

I don't know all that much about him. He seems to have measurables but is that his real size? Or is this another Maybin?

From what I've been told its pretty accurate. He's played more run D this year than pass and been asked to expand his role which he's handled very well. Doubter will point to the stat sheet and say his numbers are down because they don't typically understand the intricacies of what Jenkins is being asked to do this year v. last year.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 10:39 AM

They could go a number of different directions but with Claiborne gone, Blackmon gone, and no LB worth that high of a pick it became a value pick and it was down to Floyd or Richardson.

With Williams, Parker, and Benn already on the roster adding Floyd seemed to Detroit Lions esque even for the Bucs. So you have Richardson.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 10:40 AM
I'd like to see a WR that can stretch the field with our 2nd or 3rd round pick, rather than an OT or a project QB. But given our wide variety of needs, I'd be happy with anyone that could contribute.

Me too but given where we are picking the chips didn't fall that way this time.

Extremebillsfan247
12-27-2011, 10:48 AM
If the Bills do draft a QB it's not likely to be earlier than the 6th round. They want a guy they can cut at the end of preseason. I doubt they are going to be looking for a QB to groom for the starting roll just yet which is what you usually get in the 2nd and 3rd round. I don't expect to see that until at least 2013. JMO

PTI
12-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Bills need to score with other teams. If you have the Titans taking Jeffrey, why would the Bills not take offense? Bills have Stevie Johnson. Titans have Kenny Britt, when healthy, a 1000 yard WR, and this season Nate Washington is closing in on 1000, I would check his status before giving Titans a WR. They have good WRs a nice TE already.

better days
12-27-2011, 10:53 AM
They could go a number of different directions but with Claiborne gone, Blackmon gone, and no LB worth that high of a pick it became a value pick and it was down to Floyd or Richardson.

With Williams, Parker, and Benn already on the roster adding Floyd seemed to Detroit Lions esque even for the Bucs. So you have Richardson.

Well, Benn is the highest rnd draft pick on the Bucs, drafted in the 2nd rnd. The Lions drafted some WRs that were not all that before hitting on Calvin Johnson. I think Floyd would be MUCH better than any WR on the Bucs roster but if Claiborne or Blackmon drop to them, I would rather see them go in that direction.

TigerJ
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Knowing Lindley had a pretty unimpressive completion percentage this season and throws high too much, how correctable do you think his faults are, and what kind of ceiling doesn he have?

Extremebillsfan247
12-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Bills need to score with other teams. If you have the Titans taking Jeffrey, why would the Bills not take offense? Bills have Stevie Johnson. Titans have Kenny Britt, when healthy, a 1000 yard WR, and this season Nate Washington is closing in on 1000, I would check his status before giving Titans a WR. They have good WRs a nice TE already. Excellent point. Also, if the Bills failed to get Stevie Johnson under contract by then, I could easily see them reaching for a receiver like Jeffery if he is still on the board with their first pick, especially with the way Ralph Wilson has been talking lately. JMO

ServoBillieves
12-27-2011, 11:21 AM
We're drafting Maybin again?

I almost had a minor aneurism reading that draft... but as stated before, it's early, and it's tough at this point, and since we actually have a free agency this season it'll all come together before April.

I have faith in your intelligence about college football and the draft DB, let's hope it all comes together in March.

clumping platelets
12-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Is this expected to be a deep draft?

If so, I'd rather move down a few spots and add a pick

pass rush (DE or OLB), OL, WR, and CB are all candidates for 1st rd

paladin warrior
12-27-2011, 12:15 PM
OLB ILB LT OL WR DE DT

Mr. Pink
12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Would rather take Chase Minnifield in Rd 2 if he's there.

Other than that, no real objections.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:17 PM
If the Bills do draft a QB it's not likely to be earlier than the 6th round. They want a guy they can cut at the end of preseason. I doubt they are going to be looking for a QB to groom for the starting roll just yet which is what you usually get in the 2nd and 3rd round. I don't expect to see that until at least 2013. JMO

Why do you think that?

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Bills need to score with other teams. If you have the Titans taking Jeffrey, why would the Bills not take offense? Bills have Stevie Johnson. Titans have Kenny Britt, when healthy, a 1000 yard WR, and this season Nate Washington is closing in on 1000, I would check his status before giving Titans a WR. They have good WRs a nice TE already.

Jeffrey is not a player I would expect the Bills to draft, he does not fit what they usually look for in a player.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Well, Benn is the highest rnd draft pick on the Bucs, drafted in the 2nd rnd. The Lions drafted some WRs that were not all that before hitting on Calvin Johnson. I think Floyd would be MUCH better than any WR on the Bucs roster but if Claiborne or Blackmon drop to them, I would rather see them go in that direction.

So you would rather reach for a 4th WR to your core than take a game breaking RB? Interesting...but ok. I'll keep that in mind.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Knowing Lindley had a pretty unimpressive completion percentage this season and throws high too much, how correctable do you think his faults are, and what kind of ceiling doesn he have?

How 55% career unimpressive? I think people are over blowing this number and expecting too much.

His faults are correctable with coaching, he needs to slow down mentally, step into his throws more (will take care of the high throws) and just play football.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Excellent point. Also, if the Bills failed to get Stevie Johnson under contract by then, I could easily see them reaching for a receiver like Jeffery if he is still on the board with their first pick, especially with the way Ralph Wilson has been talking lately. JMO

I will repeat I would be absolutely shocked if the Bills took Jeffrey based on the kind of player he has shown himself to be this year.

TigerJ
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM

I agree. With the pick Buffalo is likely to have (9-11) I don't think there is a "have to have" player that will be there. Buffalo is not going to pick a QB here. They can use the BPA at any one of a number of positions; OT, OLB, CB, WR. If Buffalo had the opportunity to trade down 4 or 5 spots and lose very little potential value. That's the big if though.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:22 PM
We're drafting Maybin again?

I almost had a minor aneurism reading that draft... but as stated before, it's early, and it's tough at this point, and since we actually have a free agency this season it'll all come together before April.

I have faith in your intelligence about college football and the draft DB, let's hope it all comes together in March.

What? Maybin? Brandon Jenkins is 6'3, 265 lbs, Maybin played at 220 lbs. Where the hell are people getting this Maybin comparison from?

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:22 PM

Meh, not that deep.

I don't mock trades.

You get your pass rush in Jenkins.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:23 PM
OLB ILB LT OL WR DE DT

2 of 3 taken in this mock.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Would rather take Chase Minnifield in Rd 2 if he's there.

Other than that, no real objections.

Im souring on Minnifield some, Ill be watching him in the Chick-fil-a bowl pretty closely.

clumping platelets
12-27-2011, 12:35 PM
I want David DeCastro :nod:

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
If you stick the idea of only taking a QB early then you are risking too much. Putting all your eggs into the first round basket that has produced far more busts than stars is essentially throwing away a top pick and setting your franchise back. Its a very risky strategy to play with because it could in the end cost your coach and GM their jobs.
Yet is pretty much the only way to get a franchise, Superbowl winning QB.

Night Train
12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Personally, I think the Bills should be looking at OLB at least twice within the first 3-4 rounds. DE also early.

Just depends if the Bills can get any actual starting help in FA, outside of depth.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-27-2011, 12:46 PM
I like Nick Perry better than Jenkins but that's cause I've just seem more of Perry. Either way like the first and 3rd pick. OT def makes sense though in the 2nd

better days
12-27-2011, 12:54 PM
So you would rather reach for a 4th WR to your core than take a game breaking RB? Interesting...but ok. I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah, with Blount on the Bucs & AVERAGE at best WRs, I would rather go WR than RB in the 1st rnd. They could get a fast shifty RB as a compliment to Blount later in the draft or FA IMO. But WHY draft a RB in the 1st rnd when they already have a VERY GOOD feature back in Blount?

That sounds like something the Bills would do.

tampabay25690
12-27-2011, 01:42 PM

They need a RB as well.
They have no 3rd down back or a versatile back that can catch the ball.
Blount is a good power back but they dont have a guy that has any hands...
Offense needs more weapns but I agree the Defense needs alot of help...

tampabay25690
12-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah, with Blount on the Bucs & AVERAGE at best WRs, I would rather go WR than RB in the 1st rnd. They could get a fast shifty RB as a compliment to Blount later in the draft or FA IMO. But WHY draft a RB in the 1st rnd when they already have a VERY GOOD feature back in Blount?

I hear what you are saying but Blount is a 1 dimensional back Richardson brings everything.....Richardson may be the best player in the draft besides Luck, IMO...
Look at the Giants..............Bradshaw and Jacobs....

k-oneputt
12-27-2011, 01:53 PM
You can find rb's later.

Where did Bradshaw and Jacobs get drafted. ????

Who exactly is a franchise rb in the NFL ?

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I want David DeCastro :nod:

To play where? Levitre and Urbik are pretty much entrenched as starters projecting forward.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Yet is pretty much the only way to get a franchise, Superbowl winning QB.

Not really...but at least now I understand the mentality.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Personally, I think the Bills should be looking at OLB at least twice within the first 3-4 rounds. DE also early.

Just depends if the Bills can get any actual starting help in FA, outside of depth.

I would agree the front 7 needs lots of work. Wouldn't be opposed to an early NT either.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I like Nick Perry better than Jenkins but that's cause I've just seem more of Perry. Either way like the first and 3rd pick. OT def makes sense though in the 2nd

Not sure I see the burst from Perry's game that I have from Jenkins. May need to re-watch some.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 02:08 PM

A one time 1,000 yard back with off the field issues, injuries this year, and only 11 career touchdowns is now very good. That's a new definition for that term.

Adding a WR isn't going to solve TB's issues either. They have plenty of talent at WR, the issue is deeper than that and no I'm not suggesting its Freeman.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 02:12 PM
You can find rb's later.

None exist...well expect that Spiller fellow looks like he could become one ...Chris Johnson could be another I suppose if you consider 2,000 yards in a season to be that. Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson are borderline others of course.

Then you have guys like McCoy, MJD, Rice, and Gore who were all drafted 3rd round or higher.

Backup Rb's are a dime a dozen however feature backs who can carry teams are now and should be taken when available if that's a potential need.

clumping platelets
12-27-2011, 02:18 PM
To play where? Levitre and Urbik are pretty much entrenched as starters projecting forward.

Urbik :yucky:

Rinehart :puke:

Levitre is UFA after 2012

k-oneputt
12-27-2011, 02:38 PM
None exist...well expect that Spiller fellow looks like he could become one ...Chris Johnson could be another I suppose if you consider 2,000 yards in a season to be that. Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson are borderline others of course.

Then you have guys like McCoy, MJD, Rice, and Gore who were all drafted 3rd round or higher.

Backup Rb's are a dime a dozen however feature backs who can carry teams are now and should be taken when available if that's a potential need.

The problem with rb's is they have a franchise year and kill themselves doing it. Then the following year are injured or can't put back to back together. See everyone mentioned in your thread.
In today's game it is stupid to take a rb early.
Foster, Freddie, Blount, and any rb 3rd rd. or over comes at the right price.

tampabay25690
12-27-2011, 02:43 PM
You can find rb's later.

What does Bradshaw and Jacobs have to do with the 1st round?
I just said Tampa needs a duo RB combo like Giants....
Lets face it Blount cant catch.....

tampabay25690
12-27-2011, 02:49 PM
The problem with rb's is they have a franchise year and kill themselves doing it. Then the following year are injured or can't put back to back together. See everyone mentioned in your thread.

A player like Trent Richardson is not stupid to take early at all.....

Think about it you are a Bucs fans last year the Bucs drafted Claiborne, what has he done???? Year before they drafted Gerald McCoy he has been a huge bust so far....
Every pick you make in the draft is a risk.......
If I were the Bucs I would draft Richardson and you have your every down back that can produce with Blount to help as well.....
WEAPONS are what teams need....

EDS
12-27-2011, 02:56 PM
A player like Trent Richardson is not stupid to take early at all.....

Think about it you are a Bucs fans last year the Bucs drafted Claiborne, what has he done???? Year before they drafted Gerald McCoy he has been a huge bust so far....
Every pick you make in the draft is a risk.......
If I were the Bucs I would draft Richardson and you have your every down back that can produce with Blount to help as well.....
WEAPONS are what teams need....

Clayborn is pretty good.

kingJofNYC
12-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Levitre's a free agent after next season. We need to keep him, along with Stevie, Wood, and Byrd. We definitely have the space to sign all of them but will we?

Still, I don't think this regime will take a guard that high. Love DeCastro, dude is a stud, but he won't be in the cards.

DraftBoy
12-27-2011, 03:43 PM

I dont disagree at all with the first statement, which is why you need two good RB's.

Not every RB falls apart in Year 2, plenty go on to have multiple 1,000 yard seasons.

better days
12-27-2011, 03:47 PM
What does Bradshaw and Jacobs have to do with the 1st round?
I just said Tampa needs a duo RB combo like Giants....
Lets face it Blount cant catch.....

I agree Blount is one dimensional. After hearing draftboys & your argument, I guess I would not hate the pick of a RB as much as before but I would still prefer them to draft defense MUCH MORE.

SABURZFAN
12-27-2011, 04:50 PM
not too fond of the Lindley pick.

tampabay25690
12-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Clayborn is pretty good.

He is pretty good...

tampabay25690
12-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I agree Blount is one dimensional. After hearing draftboys & your argument, I guess I would not hate the pick of a RB as much as before but I would still prefer them to draft defense MUCH MORE.

Tampa needs weapons around Josh, bu I could see them going defense or WR in the 1st round as well.
But if they landed Richardson thats a win win in my book....

I will say I was at Bucs training camp a few times this year on the sidelines and thats all Blount did was work with the jug machine catching passes. I like him but still needs work..

DesertFox24
12-27-2011, 08:38 PM

His receivers are horrible I watched the bowl game and the ball would hit them right in the hands.

I like him in the third.

Not sure about McCants and I am not a fan of Brandon Jenkins I have not liked what I saw from him this year.

McCants I have not been able to see so hopefully I will see him at the senior bowl.

gonzo1105
12-28-2011, 12:27 AM
I dont understand the Jenkins comparisons to Maybin at all. Brandon Jenkins is a legit 6'2 260 at least. Maybin was 230 to be generous. Maybin started for one year while Jenkins has been a 2 year starter and saw action as a true freshmen so he has played for all 3 years of his college career. He started at Florida State as a 220 pound Defensive End and has bulked up 40 pounds in 3 years. The guy has the elite speed, burst, and quickness that not many in this draft have to rush the passer. If you look at his stat sheet this year you will realize that his sack numbers dropped from 13.5 to 7 this year but Draftboy is correct. Jimbo Fisher challenged him to be a more complete player this year. Last year as a sophmore, when he had the 13.5 sacks but was terrible against the the run. He still is not elite at stopping the run but he is the type of player that continues to get better. He is the best pass rusher in this draft. If you can't watch game tape on Perry, Upshaw, and Jenkins just go to youtube and watch the clips and you will still see that their is just a different speed level in Jenkins than the other two. People who would bash a Jenkins pick have their heads up their asses to be honest. People are hoping for Upshaw and dont get me wrong I think Upshaw will be a good pro but he will not draw the attention of another teams offense to say we have to stop this guy like Jenkins would. And yes I know people dont like to hear it but he does seem to have a motor that doesn't give up unlike a certain UNC DE everyone is pimping up named Quinton Coples

DraftBoy
12-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Was asked last night on my podcast who I think is the better prospect between Jenkins and Upshaw and I took Jenkins. My two co-hosts took Upshaw.

The reasons are laid out in the podcast which I can link to if people want to listen.

better days
12-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Was asked last night on my podcast who I think is the better prospect between Jenkins and Upshaw and I took Jenkins. My two co-hosts took Upshaw.

The reasons are laid out in the podcast which I can link to if people want to listen.

Yeah, please provide a link. I tried to download it from your site but was unsuccessful. You need to get it on ITunes.

scartown
12-28-2011, 08:00 AM

That was actually my question. I would have to go with Upshaw over Jenkins right now. I like how Upshaw can hold the edge over Jenkins and can shed blocks. I see Jenkins coming in on passing situations early only where Upshaw would be a 3 down player right away.

DraftBoy
12-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah, please provide a link. I tried to download it from your site but was unsuccessful. You need to get it on ITunes.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/threedaysinapril

That's all the shows we've done on demand. It should be on Itunes, Ill investigate that tonight and double check though.

DraftBoy
12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
That was actually my question. I would have to go with Upshaw over Jenkins right now. I like how Upshaw can hold the edge over Jenkins and can shed blocks. I see Jenkins coming in on passing situations early only where Upshaw would be a 3 down player right away.

Great question, I went with Jenkins because as I explained (granted very quickly) I see Upshaw as an ILB and not an OLB in the 34. I love Jenkins length and technical ability compared to Upshaw right now who is still raw technically but so gifted athletically. I think Jenkins is the better long term guy with his length, athletic ability, and technique imo.

Lone Stranger
12-28-2011, 10:24 AM

That is my thinking as well.

JCBills
12-28-2011, 12:14 PM

Not too often, but Lindley has the foundation of what you look for in an NFL QB. Clearly going to take some work, but that's why he's projected where he is. Also didn't have the greatest weapons.

BillsFanCupp38
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
We are doing mock drafts already? {Sigh} God have mercy on this football team.

TigerJ
12-28-2011, 12:43 PM
What? Maybin? Brandon Jenkins is 6'3, 265 lbs, Maybin played at 220 lbs. Where the hell are people getting this Maybin comparison from?

I suspect that any rush linebacker the Bills might consider in the first round will earn that label from somebody, who is still bitter about Maybin. There doesn't have to be reasonable rationale for someone to reach a conclusion based on an emotional response

Johnny Bugmenot
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry, but every pass-rushing DE/OLB that this team has ever drafted or brought in has failed. Why should I think any different about the next Kelsay, Maybin, Eddie Robinson, or Merriman? They've thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this and even in a 3-4 the pass rush is anemic.

JCBills
12-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry, but every pass-rushing DE/OLB that this team has ever drafted or brought in has failed. Why should I think any different about the next Kelsay, Maybin, Eddie Robinson, or Merriman? They've thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this and even in a 3-4 the pass rush is anemic.

Most tend to fail. Look at the players that get hyped going into the draft as future stars. 3 or 4 years into the league, a lot are still back-ups. A few become decent starters, and maybe one or two a year will be legit impact players. This is true at every position.

Also, if anything, the Bills haven't done enough to address the pass rush, so I wouldn't call that throwing everything at it, not even close. Schobel worked out.

DraftBoy
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Already? It's Week 17 and I think this is my 6th or 7th.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Dude its late this year. Last year we were mocking by week 4

Extremebillsfan247
12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Why do you think that? Ralph Wilson Jr has been pretty vocal about Fitzpatrick being the lead man at the position. He wants the Bills to start on building around him with better receivers, tight ends, Oline etc. Between that, and Fitzpatrick's current contract, I don't think a QB being drafted within the first 3 rounds is happening, at least not in 2012. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
12-29-2011, 08:38 AM
I will repeat I would be absolutely shocked if the Bills took Jeffrey based on the kind of player he has shown himself to be this year.If Stevie Johnson signs with another team before the draft, it could force the Bills into panic mode. Stevie Johnson gone, no true number 1 receiver, Blackmon already off the board = Jeffery if he is there when the Bills pick, and is the best receiver on the board at the time. My point is that what ever happens with Johnson could very well determine the Bills direction in the 2012 draft with their first pick. JMO

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2011, 09:34 AM
we are drafting olb with our 1st pick, most likely upshaw as we will be around 10th... hopefully we sign spencer too... you cant win without a legit pass rush...

PromoTheRobot
12-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I doubt they grab an OT in round 2 especially if they resign Bell. It will be another defensive pick.

PTR