View Full Version : Braylon Edwards released

The King
12-27-2011, 10:04 AM
According to his Twitter...

The King
12-27-2011, 10:06 AM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1693270832/BE_Holiday_normal.jpg
OfficialBraylon (http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialBraylon) Braylon Edwards

I was released today by the 49ers due to my injury that required more time to rehab and hasn’t allowed me to re-sync with the offense....

YardRat
12-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Bring him in for a look-see.

TacklingDummy
12-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Sign him.

We need to replace our WR who can't catch.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2011, 05:22 PM
We already have this guy on the roster...we don't need a 2nd.

Night Train
12-27-2011, 06:06 PM
The ultimate feast or famine WR.

People get on SJ for his 2 big drops and this guy has 80 of those. Seems like a head case. Now he's fighting injuries.

They'll be more out there, come March FA.

OpIv37
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
If Stickum were still legal, Braylon Edwards and Stevie Johnson could be the best receiving tandem in the NFL. But it's not.

Just Say No to Stone Hands.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-27-2011, 06:43 PM
I have a question. It is definitive that Stevie Johnson even with his stone hands at times is the best overall WR on this time right? With guys like Roosevelt, Nelson, Roscoe, and Jones. Not the best cast at all. But isn't Braylon better than the guys outside Stevie? And if so even with his stone hands, he would be an upgrade at the position and come fairly cheap. So why say no if he'd instantly be better than the majority of guys at WR on the current roster

bigbub2352
12-27-2011, 07:35 PM
cant be wors then ruvell martin

JoeMama
12-27-2011, 08:32 PM
We already have one over-hyped beardo on the team. We don't need two. And that guy is the ultimate prima donna. But not in a Terrell Owens kind of way where you put up with it because he actually produces. He just straight up sucks.

The Jokeman
12-27-2011, 09:51 PM
We already have one over-hyped beardo on the team. We don't need two. And that guy is the ultimate prima donna. But not in a Terrell Owens kind of way where you put up with it because he actually produces. He just straight up sucks.
He might not be a #1 WR but if healthy I like a healthy Braylon Edwards over guys anyone we have on our roster not named Stevie Johnson. That said there are quite a few guys due to be UFA that could help just as much and not cost as much and might prove better options. That said I'm stating it now keep Stevie and add someone else. My dream is JerMichael Finley but also posted a few weeks back with some WR options too.

cant be wors then ruvell martin
He could be in that Ruvell shown to be a solid special teams player this year. I wouldn't mind keeping Ruvell in that role and find someone that can be a starter opposite of Stevie next year.

Scumbag College
12-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Bring him in!

Skooby
12-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Who else besides SJ can a NFL fan outside of Buffalo name as one of our WR?? Exactly, bring the F-in and let's build a winner.

methos4ever
12-28-2011, 07:08 AM
I have a question. It is definitive that Stevie Johnson even with his stone hands at times is the best overall WR on this time right? With guys like Roosevelt, Nelson, Roscoe, and Jones. Not the best cast at all. But isn't Braylon better than the guys outside Stevie? And if so even with his stone hands, he would be an upgrade at the position and come fairly cheap. So why say no if he'd instantly be better than the majority of guys at WR on the current roster
Second straight year with 70+ catches. Only Reed and Moulds have done that. And if/when he goes to another team and adds those catches and his 3-5 drops woe will descend upon the board that he didn't give that effort here...

X-Era
12-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Sign him.

We need to replace our WR who can't catch.With another guy who can't catch?

That said, I wouldn't mind signing him to the vet min and seeing what we get.

The King
12-28-2011, 07:49 AM
He's easily an upgrade and since no one will sign here the waiver wire is the only way to get FA's

Forward_Lateral
12-28-2011, 08:03 AM
I've always liked him. He does have the dropsies, but he's killed the Bills on more than one occasion.