PDA

View Full Version : If Mark Sanchez was available....

blackonyx89
12-27-2011, 06:07 PM
This question has been on my mind. If he was let go by the Jets, would you think the Bills would go after him? Is he better than Fitz or does he still needs developing as a QB? Discuss!

OpIv37
12-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Hell no.

I don't see Sanchez as any kind of upgrade over Fitz. He's on a much better team and still has at best moderate success. And some of his worst games are in bad weather.

Ditching Fitz for Sanchez would be stupid on an epic level.

Night Train
12-27-2011, 06:14 PM
They'd consider dealing him but not in the division. I doubt he'll just walk for nothing.

He has a good arm but seems like a head case that unravels all too often.

Remember, he was only a 1 year starter in college and was thrown into the fire immediately. Jets reached for him and he wasn't nearly the player they thought they got.

YardRat
12-27-2011, 06:27 PM
No freakin' way.

blackonyx89
12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Hell no.

I don't see Sanchez as any kind of upgrade over Fitz. He's on a much better team and still has at best moderate success. And some of his worst games are in bad weather.

Ditching Fitz for Sanchez would be stupid on an epic level.

Just wondering how the BZ peeps felt about this. It would be a bad move indeed, but wanted confirmation. Thanks for your input!

Crisis
12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
I'd rather get JPUFL back.

Oaf
12-27-2011, 06:31 PM
I might.

BertSquirtgum
12-27-2011, 06:40 PM
I dislike Fitzputrid very much but I would rather have him than dirty Sanchez.

Philagape
12-27-2011, 06:41 PM
But he's a winner!! :insane:

tampabay25690
12-27-2011, 06:52 PM
NO

zone
12-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Is this a serious question? He may be worse than JP Lossman, no way in hell.

Meathead
12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
not a chance in dirty sanchez hell

Mike13
12-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Sanchez = Henne.

Crisis
12-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I'd take Henne over Sanchez

The Jokeman
12-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Considering his age I would consider it but not because I think he's a better QB. They're equals but with age and the expectation that Sanchez could develop into something better it's a not out of question. Yet I think Fitz is a better leader so it's in the end I say no. As eluded he's got a better surrounding cast as Burress/Holmes/Keller are a better trio than we have. Toss in Mangold and Ferguson are better than we have and I won't even go into the D talent. So again the answer is no. Hopefully the Bills can improve on some of our weaknesses, see #2 WR/TE depth on the O-line and pass rush this offseason and move us from the basement and into a playoff contender next year. As I've said numerous times build the franchise first and make your "franchise" QB the final piece.

That said I'm also for grabbing a QB with one of our two 4th Rounders to see if can develop someone behind Fitz. I've brought up his name before, and think Draftboy did too in his recent mock, but a guy like Ryan Lindley is an interesting guy as he has NFL size and reports of an NFL arm who's a 4 year starter and while he struggled a little this year to reproduce his W/L from a year ago he did improve on his decision making based on TD/INT percentage. The question though is will he last to Round 4. Right now I say yes but that could change by April.

better days
12-28-2011, 08:16 AM
They'd consider dealing him but not in the division. I doubt he'll just walk for nothing.

He has a good arm but seems like a head case that unravels all too often.

Remember, he was only a 1 year starter in college and was thrown into the fire immediately. Jets reached for him and he wasn't nearly the player they thought they got.

I think he is due a substantial bump in pay next year. If the Jets want to keep him, it is going to COST them & I think his contract makes him difficult to trade.

PTI
12-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Sanchez is better than Fitz. If the Bills drafted Trent Richardson and went run first and had Spiller and Richardson then Mark Sanchez would be ideal for play action. We would need a new coach.

Sanchez has ability that Fitz cannot even come close to touching, I would take Sanchez without a doubt, but not with Gailey as the coach, both would fail, but Sanchez is the guy I would rather have still. He is better, has more ability, more upside, a better arm, how could not want him instead? He has already shown glimpses of an admirable quality by really playing well in the playoffs as a rookie and 2nd year guy too. This is an easy choice.

better days
12-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Sanchez is better than Fitz. If the Bills drafted Trent Richardson and went run first and had Spiller and Richardson then Mark Sanchez would be ideal for play action. We would need a new coach.

Sanchez has ability that Fitz cannot even come close to touching, I would take Sanchez without a doubt, but not with Gailey as the coach, both would fail, but Sanchez is the guy I would rather have still. He is better, has more ability, more upside, a better arm, how could not want him instead? He has already shown glimpses of an admirable quality by really playing well in the playoffs as a rookie and 2nd year guy too. This is an easy choice.

Even if it were true that Sanchez were better than Fitz, Sanchez is a glory hound that loves the limelite. That is the reason he loves playing in NY/NJ. He would NEVER be happy in Buffalo.

PTI
12-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Even if it were true that Sanchez were better than Fitz, Sanchez is a glory hound that loves the limelite. That is the reason he loves playing in NY/NJ. He would NEVER be happy in Buffalo.

Media made him that way to me, he is a Latin heritage guy, played for big time college, he has the looks, you could be right just based on his past experience, but I do not think he has as near the ego that people think. He seems humble in some interviews I have seen. He is in a gazillion ads and commmercials because he is marketable, why would he not take the money? Heck, I think Willis would have been happy in Buffalo if they were winning, get paid lots of money and winning is a great combination, ask Jim Kelly, he left PA for a reason to play at University of Miami, and played in the USFL in Houston first. He got paid lots of money and won in Buffalo.

better days
12-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Media made him that way to me, he is a Latin heritage guy, played for big time college, he has the looks, you could be right just based on his past experience, but I do not think he has as near the ego that people think. He seems humble in some interviews I have seen. He is in a gazillion ads and commmercials because he is marketable, why would he not take the money? Heck, I think Willis would have been happy in Buffalo if they were winning, get paid lots of money and winning is a great combination, ask Jim Kelly, he left PA for a reason to play at University of Miami, and played in the USFL in Houston first. He got paid lots of money and won in Buffalo.

The reason Jim Kelly went to Miami is they promised to let him play QB. Penn State wanted him to play LB.

Sanchez was a glory hound way before he even turned pro (well at least in the NFL). That is his personality, the media did not make him that way. He LOVES the attention the media gives him in NY, he would not get near that attention in Buffalo.

Extremebillsfan247
12-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Fitzpatrick is a better QB, better TD to int ratio, higher pass completion percentage, better yards per pass completion, and better overall QB rating between this season and last. Sanchez just isn't a good enough QB to come in to replace Fitz and improve things on offense. Bills would need a better QB than that. Otherwise, they would just be wasting their time. JMO

justasportsfan
12-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Sanchez is a play not to lose qb. If you depend on him to win games, he's as inconsistent as it gets.