PDA

View Full Version : Do You Play Brees (in a normal way) in what is likely a meaningless game?

Meathead
12-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Brees enters the final week of the season 190 yards ahead of New England's Tom Brady. Yet the Saints' regular-season finale may not matter in terms of playoff seeding, meaning the prudent choice for Payton could be to rest Brees for much of Sunday's game against Carolina.

The Patriots, by contrast, need to beat Buffalo to ensure they'll have the top seed in the AFC.

Now that New Orleans has clinched the division, the only way the Saints can improve their seeding is with both a win over the Panthers and a San Francisco loss at St. Louis, which is 2-13. If that happened, the Saints would jump to No. 2 and get a first-round bye and a second-round game at home. Both games are at 1:00PM EST.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/12/27/payton-not-divulging-plan-for-brees-in-finale/

you make the call. assume brees would play a normal game, meaning most or all of it until the outcome was in hand, NOT just a quarter or even a half, which is assumed already

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
play him just so that bastard Brady does not pass his passing record
that would totally completly suck!

Cleve
12-27-2011, 09:06 PM
I think it would be bad for the Saints' morale in the post season to have Drew lose the all time passer record less than one week after he broke it.

I think Sean Payton should go 'hoodie' for the day and run up the score, at least until Drew can get 250-300 yds. That should keep the record safe.

I like and have respect for both Sean Payton and Drew Brees as men - can't say the same about the Hoodie or Brady.

THRILLHO
12-27-2011, 10:07 PM
I voted "no" but did not realize they still had a chance to take #2. So I change to yes, for that fact.

BertSquirtgum
12-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Brees already broke the record. Do you mean help him keep the record?

The Jokeman
12-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Why isn't there a question if Brady should be pulled for the same reason? As if the Pats do get a big lead early I wouldn't be shocked to see Brady on the sidelines in the 2nd half.

better days
12-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Why isn't there a question if Brady should be pulled for the same reason? As if the Pats do get a big lead early I wouldn't be shocked to see Brady on the sidelines in the 2nd half.

I expect Brady to play the entire game against the Bills even if the Pats* are up by 30 at the half. That is the Pats* way.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Play Brees for a half and then pull him out to keep him healthy for the games that really do matter.

imbondz
12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
It would make no sense if Brees doesn't play to keep the title. it's only been 27 years since it's been broken. Regardless of playoff position, the game matters for that reason, and that's enough to play him until the end.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Personal accolades are never greater than team accolades.

Just sayin'

methos4ever
12-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Tell that to Brady FTY!

I say play him and make sure whenever Brady sits, he sits. Brees can't win the MVP due to Rodgers' amazing year, but they can break the all-time team yardage record (held by Greatest Show on Turf) and also make sure Drew keeps the single season yardage record, as well as his TD streak in 40+ games.

Historian
12-29-2011, 08:16 AM
I say let em rip!

It's what people are paying for.

Even Levy played Thurman when he was on the verge of a record.

Meathead
12-29-2011, 05:25 PM
the correct answer was no, of course. you do not risk a chance at another sb just to get a record. so if you voted yes you are out of the running for a prize

the rest of you look under your seats because you will find

KEYS TO A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

no car, just the keys

YardRat
12-29-2011, 05:38 PM
As much as I'd hate to see Brady break the record, I'd play Brees very sparingly, if at all.