PDA

View Full Version : My patience is running very thin

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-29-2011, 05:43 AM
I am usually "it is a long season", "they can turn it around" guy. I am really sick of watching this team. I am afraid I am at the point where something needs to be done now.

OpIv37
12-29-2011, 07:41 AM
I only saw the 3rd period against NJ, but it truly was an embarrassing effort. It looked like they weren't even trying to put together any type of rush, as if they knew the trap was going to break it up before they got a good scoring chance, so there was no point in putting in any effort. And they blew the few offensive chances they did get.

They also hung Miller out to dry on the defensive end. Fortunately, he came up with some huge saves and the Devils shanked a few wide, or else the score could have been much worse.

I find these games infuriating. It was boring to watch and the effort wasn't there. Some nights, they are going to get beat by a better team, or maybe they'll be lethargic from traveling and they'll lose, and while that still sucks, at least it's understandable on some level. There is no excuse for a loss due to lack of effort though.

And BTW, going back to the Caps game, the Sabres have only managed 1 goal in the last 5+ periods.

SabreEleven
12-29-2011, 08:10 AM
It pisses me off watching the Rangers/Flyers 24/7 on HBO. These guys are so pissed off when they lose and they care about winning and losing. They actually care and show emotion. I picture the Sabres to be the total opposite. No emotion. Lindy in the locker room not swearing, not yelling, asking the guys if they could please try harder and they all come together for a group hug. AFter games, they all go shopping for Gucci purses with Pominville.

ZAZusmc03
12-29-2011, 08:39 AM
It pisses me off watching the Rangers/Flyers 24/7 on HBO. These guys are so pissed off when they lose and they care about winning and losing. They actually care and show emotion. I picture the Sabres to be the total opposite. No emotion. Lindy in the locker room not swearing, not yelling, asking the guys if they could please try harder and they all come together for a group hug. AFter games, they all go shopping for Gucci purses with Pominville.

I think thats my biggest problem right now, Lindy does not motivate this team. I def think its time for some new blood at HC.

SabreEleven
12-29-2011, 09:19 AM
I think thats my biggest problem right now, Lindy does not motivate this team. I def think its time for some new blood at HC.

I think it's time to find a new core of players. When you saw how Ruff played, do you really think of Roy and Pominville could play that way? Not even close. This core of players isn't Ruff type players. Vanek provides enough offense to give him a bye. Guastad is the toughest but isn't playing tough enough to overlook his lack of production.