PDA

View Full Version : stevie wants to stay

djjimkelly
12-29-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Johnson-closing-in-on-1K-wants-to-stay/87a1ae3b-d6af-45a8-9afa-febed8cb1718

“Since last week playing at the Ralph I thought about it walking on the field, walking off the field, looking around at the crowd,” he said. “It’s crazy because four years went by really fast when you’re really only playing for two years of it. Just being in this city and how they adopted me… I’ve thought about it. I don’t think I’ll be somewhere else next year. I think I’ll still be here next year, but if not it’s a pretty crazy feeling.”'

why wouldnt he want to stay here hes the number 1 guy

the fans for the most part like him alot or love him (i LOKE him a place between like and love by the way thats my line to the ladies lol i tell them i LOKE them HAHA to the younger guys u can use that trust me it works becuz they laugh and then it gives them the right amount of hope lol)

and we gave him his chance not saying he wouldnt have made it elsewhere but he made it here

GO STEVIE AND THE BILLS LOCKING IT UP ON A 5 OR 6 YEAR DEAL

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Bills need to draft or sign a #1 guy. Stevie is nothing more than another P. Price.

The Jokeman
12-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Bills need to draft or sign a #1 guy. Stevie is nothing more than another P. Price.
Price had one season with over 1,000 yards and two seasons of over 3 TDs. Stevie could surpass the yardage mark after this week and already tied the TD mark the last two seasons. Is Stevie a top 10 NFL WR? No but you could make an arguement for top 15. Price was never close to doing that. Keep Stevie and bring in another threat in the passing game through UFA I say.

better days
12-29-2011, 12:06 PM

Even if that is true, the Bills were WORSE because of the loss of Peerless Price. And the Bills got a 1st rnd draft pick for Price..........which they WASTED on McGahee.

The Bills did not replace Price with ANYONE that was comparable & if they let Stevie walk.........for NOTHING, they won't replace him either.

If the Bills are STUPID enough to let Stevie leave in FA, I would LOVE the Bucs to pick him up. He is FAR BETTER than ANY receiver on the Bucs NOW.

PTI
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Stevie wants his money, dude has made peanuts so far.

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
If you guys want to classify him and a #1 then Steve Johnson is a low tier #1 receiver. Bills need to draft a true #1 and that draftee/free agent be option 1A and Johnson would be 1B. The Bills need a great receving tandem if they are going to stick with Fitzputrid.

better days
12-29-2011, 12:22 PM
If you guys want to classify him and a #1 then Steve Johnson is a low tier #1 receiver. Bills need to draft a true #1 and that draftee/free agent be option 1A and Johnson would be 1B. The Bills need a great receving tandem if they are going to stick with Fitzputrid.

Well, as has been said by others, Stevie may not be Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson, but he is better than the #1 receiver on MANY teams.

I agree, the Bills could use another FAST WR to spread the field to go with Stevie but losing Stevie does not guarantee they will get anyone even as good.

If the Bills lose Stevie, you could be looking at Easley & Nelson as the best receivers on the team.

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2011, 12:29 PM
In no way am I saying the Bills shouldn't sign Steve.J. The Bills would be ******ed to let him walk. I just don't think he is as good as the pedestal people put him on.

T-Long
12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
A Jeffery or Floyd addition would look plenty nice with Stevie in the fold

Jeff1220
12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Most competitive teams that don't have an all-out super stud at WR have a 1a and 1b WR. If the Bills could get another equally talented WR (w/a little different skill set), and re-sign Stevie, WR would be set.

better days
12-29-2011, 01:43 PM
A Jeffery or Floyd addition would look plenty nice with Stevie in the fold

Yeah, when the Bills are on OFFENSE. On Defense, not so much.

T-Long
12-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, when the Bills are on OFFENSE. On Defense, not so much.
I def. think we need to go LB (Upshaw possibly) but a WR would be tempting. Looking at our current core, I doubt they go in that direction.

Skooby
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Stevie can't afford to move with what they paid him thus far.

MikeNC
12-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Stevie wants his money, dude has made peanuts so far.

Maybe he should go by Steve and people will take him seriously...sounds like a damn school kid name...

JCBills
12-29-2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Johnson-closing-in-on-1K-wants-to-stay/87a1ae3b-d6af-45a8-9afa-febed8cb1718

“Since last week playing at the Ralph I thought about it walking on the field, walking off the field, looking around at the crowd,” he said. “It’s crazy because four years went by really fast when you’re really only playing for two years of it. Just being in this city and how they adopted me… I’ve thought about it. I don’t think I’ll be somewhere else next year. I think I’ll still be here next year, but if not it’s a pretty crazy feeling.”'

why wouldnt he want to stay here hes the number 1 guy

the fans for the most part like him alot or love him (i LOKE him a place between like and love by the way thats my line to the ladies lol i tell them i LOKE them HAHA to the younger guys u can use that trust me it works becuz they laugh and then it gives them the right amount of hope lol)

and we gave him his chance not saying he wouldnt have made it elsewhere but he made it here

GO STEVIE AND THE BILLS LOCKING IT UP ON A 5 OR 6 YEAR DEAL

Your game needs quite a bit of fine-tuning.

jamze132
12-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't buy it.

A player can scream all year about how much he loves the city and how bad he wants to be back next year, but when he asks for a ridiculous amount of money and the team isn't willing to pay it, he gets to leave looking like the good guy.

Sorry but Stevie could care less where he plays as long as he gets the dollar.

djjimkelly
12-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Your game needs quite a bit of fine-tuning.

its constantly evolving :)

JCBills
12-29-2011, 04:06 PM
its constantly evolving :)

It is quite simple, just be kind of an ass, and the rest usually falls in place, or your bed.

better days
12-29-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't buy it.

A player can scream all year about how much he loves the city and how bad he wants to be back next year, but when he asks for a ridiculous amount of money and the team isn't willing to pay it, he gets to leave looking like the good guy.

Sorry but Stevie could care less where he plays as long as he gets the dollar.

Well, when Poz signed a lucrative contract with the Jags this year, I was happy the Bills did not pay him that kind of money.

When Clements signed with the 49ers for that CRAZY money, I could understand the Bills not paying that but was sorry to see him go.

If Stevie goes somewhere else for $11-$12 Mill/yr, I will be pissed but understand. If he goes somewhere else for less than that, I will be pissed at the Bills.

YardRat
12-29-2011, 06:01 PM
If the report of $7.5mil is true, I think he has a better chance of staying than I did previously. They might be simply haggling over the guaranteed portion at this point.

jamze132
12-30-2011, 12:22 AM
I would gladly give Stevie $7-8M per. Anything more and he can walk. But by him saying how much he loves it here, he thinks he is putting the ball in Buffalo's court. Trying to get the "fan vote" for that extra mil.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-30-2011, 09:38 AM
6 year 42 mil. sounds fair to me... our top 5 wr going into next year should be

johnson
jones
nelson
easley
rookie- after 1st rd...we need upshaw

YardRat
01-01-2012, 02:59 PM
It will be interesting to see his comments after this game...looked to me like he was blowing 'good-bye' kisses from his seat on the bench just now.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2012, 03:00 PM
It will be interesting to see his comments after this game...looked to me like he was blowing 'good-bye' kisses from his seat on the bench just now.

It's probably God's fault he got benched.