PDA

View Full Version : Sully: Rookie year an education for Dareus

Johnny Bugmenot
12-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Rookie year an education for Dareus
by Jerry Sullivan

"I look up to him," Dareus said Wednesday at One Bills Drive. "I'll ask myself, 'What would Kyle do?'"

One thing Williams would do is play hurt. Late in a season, he'd joke that every part of his body was sore. He played for years with bone spurs in his ankle until he had to shut it down. Dareus took note. He had an ankle injury in training camp. He has a sore shoulder and a bad hand. But he has persevered.

"There's no rest for the weary," Dareus said. "While I was hurt, we had guys falling all around us. I felt I had to stay on the field. I could have said, 'I can't play in this game,' but you fight through them. I fought through them in college. It's no different here.

The Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article688731.ece)

psubills62
12-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Really have to wonder how good our DL would have been with Williams relatively healthy.

trapezeus
12-29-2011, 11:32 PM
that's exciting. a good player with promise who also takes a leadership role.

get this team a legit outside linebacker and that d may look radically different next year. i was playing madden 2011 and so many faces have already changed. Poz, kawika mitchell, schobel, whitner.

added barnett. this team needs a real pass rusher on the outside.

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2011, 06:29 AM
You have to wonder how good Williams will/would've been if he had the bone spurs taken care of a few seasons ago. I can't believe he's played with that pain for a few seasons. People on the roster should take note that Kyle might not be the biggest, most physically talented player on the team, but he is tough, and works his ass off. If everyone on the team has his mentality, they'd be in the playoffs.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Why didn't Williams get these spurs taken care of in the offseason??

methos4ever
12-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Why didn't Williams get these spurs taken care of in the offseason??
If it was something he's dealt with since he's been in the league Thurm it probably wasn't something he wanted to complain about. I mean think about how productive he's been dealing with it to this point.

And most people don't want surgery if they can avoid it, especially a guy like Kyle who would seem to want to avoid it to not let his guys down...