PDA

View Full Version : The funniest football blog.....ever.

Devin
12-30-2011, 11:13 AM
I am first and foremost a Bills fan but I like to see the Saints do well as they are the local team here, and my lord I seriously cracked a rib laughing at this one.

http://www.moosedenied.com/we-make-the-rules-pal/

Devin
12-30-2011, 11:15 AM
and like him or not I love this quote:

What I'm talking about is that you almost never hear any unqualified praise for the guy either. It always comes with a "Yeah, but…" Somebody or something out there is always better. Sorry Drew, sure you became the second player in league history to throw for 5000 yards, but Peyton Manning is better. Sorry Drew, sure you became the only player in league history to throw for 5000 a second time, and broke a 27-year old record for most passing yards in a single season. But by golly, Aaron Rodgers has a couple more touchdowns and a handful fewer interceptions. Better luck next time, Rodgers is better. Oh and put an asterisk on that record, by the way, because Marino's total in 1984 is still more impressive than yours in 2011. (We reserve the right to change our minds on that though if Brady passes you.) It's always something.

How the hell can Brees not win it this year is beyond me. Guy has had like the most proflific run of passing stats the past 4 or so seasons any qb has had ever.

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm actually a Saints liker. I didn't realize they were so hated around the league. They are who I will cheer for to come out of the NFC, like every other year they are in it.

Brees deserves as much MVP consideration as Rodgers for sure. The problem is, the media sucks Rodgers off every week because he's in Green Bay and replaced Brett Favre.

OpIv37
12-30-2011, 12:25 PM
I really hate it when people whine about "sportsmanship" when they get beat.

You don't like Brees breaking the passing record against your D? Well, play some ****ing defense. It's not "unsportsmanlike" to be better than you.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Rodgers is having the better season for sure and doesn't play in a Dome.

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Rodgers is having the better season for sure and doesn't play in a Dome.

How is he having a better season "for sure"? Nobody has passed for more yardage in a season in NFL history.

In fact, here's the numbers:

Rodgers: 4,643 yards, 45 TD, 6 INT, 68.3 %, 122.5 QB rating
Brees: 5,087 yards, 41 TD, 13 INT, 70.7 %, 108.4 QB rating

Brees will likely break his own record for completion % in a season, which is currently 70.6%.

So, Drew Brees breaks the NFL record for passing yards in a season and likely the completion % record, but Aaron Rodgers is the hands down MVP.

I'd love to hear why Thurm. Because you are a sheep and love to be spoon fed by ESPN and all the other Green Bay Packer ass kissers?

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2011, 01:14 PM
It's also funny how all of this "He plays in a dome" crap is surfacing. Nobody ever said that about Peyton Manning.

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Brees also set an NFL record this season by passing for 300 yards 12 times. Twelve.

Thurmal
12-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Brees also set an NFL record this season by passing for 300 yards 12 times. Twelve.
45 TD, 6 INT, 68.3 %, 122.5 QB rating

Look at that stat line; it's arguably the best season in QB history. Rodgers has to get it.

OpIv37
12-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Brees is better in yardage and completion percentage, Rodgers is better in ratings, TD's and TD/INT percentage (which is why he's better in rating).

In order to determine the MVP, you'd have to pick which stats you value more.

Or, you could base it on the only stat that matters: wins. I'd give Rodgers the edge just on number of wins.

Devin
12-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Brees imo should be mvp.

Rodgers may have the most wins, Brees has guided on offense thats best in the league and statistically one of the best ever to play. Hes in the top 5 of nearly every meaningful QB stat.

Brees also doesnt have the benefit of the defense GB has, they have no choice but to hang 30-40 a game. Apart from 12 300+ games, the season yardage record, and potentially the completions AND yardage per game records......he is on pace to break his OWN completion % record which would cement him as the most accurate passer of all time.

Now dont get me wrong Rodgers is a hell of a QB, on a hell of a team. I dont doubt 1 second his credentials. The Packers offense has been great, the Saints offense has made history. Green bay averages 34 points a game.....New orleans is averaging 457 yards of offense.....AVERAGING. That is friggin insane.

The both are quite close id imagine but id give the nod to Brees. Brees did things in football that have never been done, he never had a down game, and truth be told he out performed Rodgers when they played head to head. Voters will give it to Rodgers......hes the sexy pick, theyve been championing it sincce day one. Its just the wrong choice.

Ickybaluky
12-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Brees imo should be mvp.

Rodgers may have the most wins, Brees has guided on offense thats best in the league and statistically one of the best ever to play. Hes in the top 5 of nearly every meaningful QB stat.

Brees also doesnt have the benefit of the defense GB has, they have no choice but to hang 30-40 a game. Apart from 12 300+ games, the season yardage record, and potentially the completions AND yardage per game records......he is on pace to break his OWN completion % record which would cement him as the most accurate passer of all time.

Now dont get me wrong Rodgers is a hell of a QB, on a hell of a team. I dont doubt 1 second his credentials. The Packers offense has been great, the Saints offense has made history. Green bay averages 34 points a game.....New orleans is averaging 457 yards of offense.....AVERAGING. That is friggin insane.

The both are quite close id imagine but id give the nod to Brees. Brees did things in football that have never been done, he never had a down game, and truth be told he out performed Rodgers when they played head to head. Voters will give it to Rodgers......hes the sexy pick, theyve been championing it sincce day one. Its just the wrong choice.

Your argument that Brees has a worse defense is laughable. New Orleans has given up only 6 more points all season, but 28 more yards per game. Neither defense is very good. Brees has the better run game (NO #9 in the NFL, GB #27 in NFL). Yet, Green Bay has scored more than any team in the NFL this season, including the Saints.

Yardage is the dumbest stat to measure how good a guy is. Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL, and has been all season. He is averaging a full yard per attempt more than Brees. YPA is the single best measure of QB play.

At the end of the day, both guys have played great, but Rodgers has been consistently better, and he has to deal with weather. Other than one game, he has been so good he has carried his team. Brees plays most of his games in dome, an most of the rest in good weather.

The fact is, New Orleans has played 10 dome games this year, and averaged 37.3 PPG. They have played 5 games outside and averaged 25.8 PPG. You don't think the dome is a factor? The fact is, Brees has put up big yardage numbers, but he has had about the most perfect situation for a QB to deal with.

At the end of the day, piling up big stats against a bad team like Indy (62-7 in the dome) is less impressive to me than being consistently good all season in all different locations. In any other year, Brees might be MVP, but this year Rodgers is clearly the best guy. I don't see any real argument.

better days
12-31-2011, 08:02 AM
How is he having a better season "for sure"? Nobody has passed for more yardage in a season in NFL history.

Brees will likely break his own record for completion % in a season, which is currently 70.6%.

So, Drew Brees breaks the NFL record for passing yards in a season and likely the completion % record, but Aaron Rodgers is the hands down MVP.

I'd love to hear why Thurm. Because you are a sheep and love to be spoon fed by ESPN and all the other Green Bay Packer ass kissers?

Aside from playing in a dome, Brees plays in the NFC South. Every year he has 8 home games in a dome, the game at Atlanta is a dome, The weather in Tampa is usually NICE & Carolina is not Chicago as far as weather goes.

In other words every year, Brees & the Saints play 11 games minimum in IDEAL conditions.

YardRat
12-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Darren Sproles should be the league MVP.

Forward_Lateral
12-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Where are these weather arguments when Peyton Manning is the MVP?

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2011, 08:56 AM

I'd love to hear why Thurm. Because you are a sheep and love to be spoon fed by ESPN and all the other Green Bay Packer ass kissers?You just listed the reasons better QB rating, more TDs, NOT in a dome. My god calm down.

Night Train
12-31-2011, 09:04 AM
45 TD, 6 INT, 68.3 %, 122.5 QB rating

Look at that stat line; it's arguably the best season in QB history. Rodgers has to get it.

Agreed and it's the throws he makes under pressure that seperate him from everyone. The guy is insanely accurate under pressure. Has more poise than anyone and has won more games with big throws.

I like Brees a lot but Rodgers is the MVP.

better days
12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Where are these weather arguments when Peyton Manning is the MVP?

Bump a thread that advocated Peyton Manning for MVP & I will post an argument about him playing in a dome.

better days
12-31-2011, 10:31 AM
It's also funny how all of this "He plays in a dome" crap is surfacing. Nobody ever said that about Peyton Manning.

I don't remember ANYONE starting a thread about Peyton Manning for MVP on this board. I would bet there would have been more than a few posts about him playing in a dome if anyone ever started that thread.

Ickybaluky
12-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Any QB is going to play better in a dome, where there are always perfect conditions. That isn't to detract from Brees or Manning, it is just stating a fact. It helps put big numbers in context when comparing to other QB.

If you watch Rodgers this year, there are two things that jump out that separate him from every other player out there.

1) He throws guys open better than any other player in the game. He has turned the back-shoulder fade into an art form. It is amazing to watch a defender have good coverage against one of his WR, but he puts the ball in the one place where his guy can catch it. He does benefit from having some pretty good WR who can make those plays, but nobody in the game does a better job of placing the ball. It is incredible.

2) He can make plays inside the pocket and outside the pocket equally well. Guys like Manning and Brady operate from the pocket at an incredibly high level, but they can't move outside the pocket and make plays like Rodgers. Guys like Roethlisberger and Vick are incredible outside the pocket, but aren't nearly as proficient in the pocket as Rodgers. Rodgers combines them both at a real high level, unlike any other QB I've seen.

Brees is great and has put up big numbers, but this year Rodgers has clearly played the position better. If he keeps this up, he may end up setting a new standard for QB play. It is that amazing what he is doing.

About the only criticism I can think of with Rodgers is that sometimes he won't give up on a play and will hold the ball too long. He does make some plays in those situations, but he ends up taking too many hits. He should be smarter about the situation and get rid of it. It is hard to criticize him too much, because he is getting better at it, but he takes too many sacks and gets hit too much. If I were his coach, I'd rather he got rid of the ball than chance getting hit.

Or course, even with those extra hits he doesn't make many negative plays. One of his most remarkable stats this year is his 6 Ints (with 45 TDs). Compare that to Brees' 13 Ints (41 TDs) and Brady's 11 Ints (36 TDs). Rodgers is having an off-the-charts great season. He is the clear MVP to me.

better days
12-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Any QB is going to play better in a dome, where there are always perfect conditions. That isn't to detract from Brees or Manning, it is just stating a fact. It helps put big numbers in context when comparing to other QB.

If you watch Rodgers this year, there are two things that jump out that separate him from every other player out there.

1) He throws guys open better than any other player in the game. He has turned the back-shoulder fade into an art form. It is amazing to watch a defender have good coverage against one of his WR, but he puts the ball in the one place where his guy can catch it. He does benefit from having some pretty good WR who can make those plays, but nobody in the game does a better job of placing the ball. It is incredible.

2) He can make plays inside the pocket and outside the pocket equally well. Guys like Manning and Brady operate from the pocket at an incredibly high level, but they can't move outside the pocket and make plays like Rodgers. Guys like Roethlisberger and Vick are incredible outside the pocket, but aren't nearly as proficient in the pocket as Rodgers. Rodgers combines them both at a real high level, unlike any other QB I've seen.

Brees is great and has put up big numbers, but this year Rodgers has clearly played the position better. If he keeps this up, he may end up setting a new standard for QB play. It is that amazing what he is doing.

About the only criticism I can think of with Rodgers is that sometimes he won't give up on a play and will hold the ball too long. He does make some plays in those situations, but he ends up taking too many hits. He should be smarter about the situation and get rid of it. It is hard to criticize him too much, because he is getting better at it, but he takes too many sacks and gets hit too much. If I were his coach, I'd rather he got rid of the ball than chance getting hit.

Or course, even with those extra hits he doesn't make many negative plays. One of his most remarkable stats this year is his 6 Ints (with 45 TDs). Compare that to Brees' 13 Ints (41 TDs) and Brady's 11 Ints (36 TDs). Rodgers is having an off-the-charts great season. He is the clear MVP to me.

And Brees benifits not only from playing in a dome, but also playing in the NFC South. He is guaranteed to play 11 games every year in IDEAL conditions.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Drew Brees should be the NFL MVP without question.

His numbers are completely insane and while Rodgers is resting on the bench Flynn is performing well for Green Bay and Brees is just carving Carolina up.