PDA

View Full Version : Belichick Mind Trick

VeggieMan14
01-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Can't help but think this is all part of the pats plans to comeback from 21 like we did and destroy our hopes of a good season next year

Johnny Bugmenot
01-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Hopes? It's in the Bills' best interests to lose this game. Yes, there is the thought of a reversal of fortune on par with 2003, but that only improves the Bills' draft position. To come back with two straight wins would be a sign that things are going right, which (as evidenced by the six games before this revival) they're clearly not. If Belichick wants to instill a false sense of confidence, he lets the Bills win this game, then hit back against a team that was complacent in the offseason with a vengeance in 2012.

clumping platelets
01-01-2012, 01:38 PM
No....The Pats were clearly not ready to play and took the Bills lightly early. They finally woke up and realized what winning the game meant to them in the playoffs

zone
01-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Belichick is not playing any tricks his Defense sucks ass and has all year. They will be beat in the first round of the playoffs.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Belichick is not playing any tricks his Defense sucks ass and has all year. They will be beat in the first round of the playoffs.

Hard to be beat in the first round of the playoffs when they're gonna have a bye.

Just sayin'

DynaPaul
01-01-2012, 07:43 PM
This thread is gay.

PromoTheRobot
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Belichick set us up by letting us win the first game. The man is a genius.

PTR

Cleve
01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I recorded the game earlier and am watching it now - it's so easy for a football wizard like Bellichek to adjust to Gailey's game plan - I'm at 12:04 of the 4th and up to this pont it was constant throw-throw-throw-throw by Fitzpatrick on the first down, and usually on 2nd as well.

And the Bills were doing this when they were in the lead, and then down by only 7 - it's not like they were just trying to 'catch up' - time wasn't a factor. Running eats up clock and keeps Brady off the field. And the constant reliance on little short passes makes it easy for the Patriots to adjust.

WHY Gailey didn't call more running plays is beyond me. Fitzpatrick clearly has accuracy and judgment issues - any clear-thinking coach would give the opposition more of a mixed bag of run and pass to look at.

Fixxxer
01-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I recorded the game earlier and am watching it now - it's so easy for a football wizard like Bellichek to adjust to Gailey's game plan - I'm at 12:04 of the 4th and up to this pont it was constant throw-throw-throw-throw by Fitzpatrick on the first down, and usually on 2nd as well.

And the Bills were doing this when they were in the lead, and then down by only 7 - it's not like they were just trying to 'catch up' - time wasn't a factor. Running eats up clock and keeps Brady off the field. And the constant reliance on little short passes makes it easy for the Patriots to adjust.

WHY Gailey didn't call more running plays is beyond me. Fitzpatrick clearly has accuracy and judgment issues - any clear-thinking coach would give the opposition more of a mixed bag of run and pass to look at.

The problem with the gameplan is that neither Gailey or Fitz realized that after being 21 points down the Pats started flooding the middle of the field with safeties and LBs. There were a couple of plays were our guys were drilled over the middle after a quick slant. They even zone blitzed and had a DL drop in coverage.
We hardly ran draw plays and once the Pats were patient with our flawed deep passing game it was a matter of time for Fitz to grow impatient and throw bad passes.
When I saw McIntyre in the first play of the game I was happy because we were going to put Fitz under center and try to establish a run game.
We were perfect in that first QTR but after that, Fitz went exclusively to the shotgun and we were easy to defend.
I guess Chan loses his compass because he has a bad defense (his responsability) and he enters this catch up mode where he puts his QB in a bad position to suprise the opposition.

Chan needs to help himself and fix the defense with a guy that can draw a defensive plan and maximize the talent (yes we have talent on D) we have there.