PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson Benched - He's Done Here

Night Train
01-01-2012, 01:19 PM
He'll never learn.

YardRat
01-01-2012, 01:28 PM
**** him.

He better come back and have a monster second half and help this team get a win, or he can take his clown show on the road.

We can lose 10+ games with him, we can do the same without him.

Grow up finally or get the **** out.

Mindbender
01-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Seriously? I'll take the only Bills receiver to have back to back 1,000 yard seasons.

ServoBillieves
01-01-2012, 01:31 PM
His shirt said Happy New Year. I am incredibly offended by that. He should be fined by the Nazi Football League for well wishing. That sick, sick punk for giving holiday cheer!!

Luisito23
01-01-2012, 01:33 PM
I'll take the only Bills receiver to have back to back 1,000 yard seasons.

Me too, especially at 7 mil. a year...

What better option do we have, really?

bills4ver
01-01-2012, 01:34 PM
wow you guys are just being ridiculous, so Hernandez should be kicked off the patriots for his show boating which should also have been a penalty?

He is the face of the franchise and our best player so lets get rid of him makes sense.

alnilla
01-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Just have to have a clause in his contract about stuff like that is all.

clumping platelets
01-01-2012, 01:36 PM
The point being is that he knows it's a penalty. Just go to the sideline and THEN show the cameras the t-shirt....NO PENALTY!

Bills should tag and trade him ala Peerless Price. Do not let him leave with getting something in return

Jersey1031
01-01-2012, 01:38 PM
wow you guys are just being ridiculous, so Hernandez should be kicked off the patriots for his show boating which should also have been a penalty?

He is the face of the franchise and our best player so lets get rid of him makes sense.

finally some sense making. he's only 25, he'll mature

sign him now.

Night Train
01-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Until the NFL changes the No Fun policy, the flag was a given and he did it anyhow

. So it's still about him.

ServoBillieves
01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Why So Serious was national media and "hilarious".

Happy New Year is a crime against humanity.

And Tom Brady's personal slave is the ref today, that or Drayton isn't allowed to touch another player without being flagged.

The Natrix
Maybe it was all a plan by the Bills. They want a better draft pick so they thought up that immature crap so Stevie would be out without having to fake an injury. Then in turn, the Bills will have no shot at winning, instead of say... a 15% chance.

Mr. Pink
After that I'd be very surprised to see him here next year. Either by Gaileys choice or Stevies' own choice.

CoolBreeze
01-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't care about a fifteen yard penalty now and then. I was more upset at the one that probably cost us the Jets game. Not to mention the drop he had at the end of that game. He has had 2 consecutive 75 rec 1000 yard 7 TD seasons. That is production, and the fact that he can get the best of Revis is alone worth keeping him.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-01-2012, 02:12 PM
...and his absence just cost the Bills another game.

The Natrix
01-01-2012, 02:13 PM
How can you not mind a 15 yarder which can be completely avoided?

With the new kickoff spot, taking that penalty is even worse.

MikeInRoch
01-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Nope. They were gonna lose anyway.

Captain gameboy
01-01-2012, 02:16 PM
TSTP for second half.

Too stupid to play.

The Natrix
01-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Just have to have a clause in his contract about stuff like that is all.

In order for that to work, it would have to be a significant penalty. Stevie is such a punk attention whore that he might find it worth it to do a gay celebration at the cost of say $45,000.

It would need to be a clause that said he could be cut at anytime after an excessive celebration penalty with no pay guaranteed after the cut. Something along those lines.

Night Train
01-01-2012, 02:25 PM
D and Fitz returning to form.

YardRat
01-01-2012, 02:25 PM
****ing jerk.

I don't care what the final score is or what eventually leads to it...if this chalks up as a loss, it's squarely on SJ's shoulders.

****er.

Bert102176
01-01-2012, 02:33 PM
BS Chan should be fired, bench him for the rest of the half yes not the rest of the game, and if you don't wanna sign back ourbest WR then your an idiot yes he does stupid things but he helps win more then the stupid stuff he does, do u think this team would sign a WR equal or better then him, or draft a top WR if you think that then your stupid there also.

Beebe's Kid
01-01-2012, 02:36 PM
In order for that to work, it would have to be a significant penalty. Stevie is such a punk attention whore that he might find it worth it to do a gay celebration at the cost of say $45,000.

It would need to be a clause that said he could be cut at anytime after an excessive celebration penalty with no pay guaranteed after the cut. Something along those lines.
That makes zero sense. The contract doesn't need to contain any language about excessive celebration. He needs to know better than to cost his team.

The Bills shouldn't have to worry about Stevie drawing a 15 harder every time he scores. It, arguably, cost us the Jets game, that should have changed his attitude...apparently it didn't mean anything to him.

It sucks that he is so selfish, and our best WR. It also is unfortunate that WR is our weakest position. The fact that he chokes under pressure is not going to help his case in negotiations.

It is going to be tough, but if the Bills decide to let him walk, I won't be too broken hearted about it. I like him and want his production, but he costs us wins. He may be able to get his $7.5M, but it that is steep if you can't count on him to be professional, or catch the balls you need to have to win games.

The Natrix
01-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Bert just STFU and give an argument/opinion rather than personal insults. Mets fans, always so angry.

YardRat
01-01-2012, 02:39 PM
BS Chan should be fired, bench him for the rest of the half yes not the rest of the game, and if you don't wanna sign back ourbest WR then your an idiot yes he does stupid things but he helps win more then the stupid stuff he does, do u think this team would sign a WR equal or better then him, or draft a top WR if you think that then your stupid there also.

Just to be clear, I do think it was a mistake by Chan to not bring him back on the field for the second half and bench him for what appears to be the rest of the game.

As for the other points, you might want to double-check the won-loss record over the last two seasons before trumpeting how much Stevie has helped us win.

He's a dumbass that keeps doing stupid ****, apologizing and promising to mature, then going right back out and doing it again. Either he's dumber than a box of rocks or just extremely selfish, and neither is going to help us win in the future.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2012, 02:42 PM
At this point I don't even care if he comes back next year. He is the teams best wide receiver and a better guy for the number 1 than our last attempt BUT he's a ***** clown who cares more about himself than the team. Not to mention clutch is one thing he is not.

YardRat
01-01-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm tempted to set up a Twitter account just so I can tell him how big of a dumb **** he is.

The King
01-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Stevie's antics hung Fitz out to dry in this one

The Natrix
01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
He needs to know better than to cost his team.

I completely agree. I would much rather there not be a clause and just roll the dice on him next year and hope he matures. My point was IF there had to be a clause, I would prefer my plan.

Michael82
01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't mind the fact that he was benched to teach him a lesson. Gailey had to do something, especially when he was so pissed after the Jets game. But benching him for the rest of the game was a bit overboard. I figured he would just be benched for the rest of the first half. He should have been back in the 3rd quarter, IMO.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Should have drafted AJ Green and trade the clown.

Billz_fan
01-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Stevie = Chad Johnson V2.0

Mr. Pink
01-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Should have drafted AJ Green and trade the clown.

Hey. I wanted Dez Bryant 2 years ago, instead we got Spil-luh!

YardRat
Let him walk.

I'd rather throw 8-9mil at a FA and take a chance on the draft than bring this selfish, stupid ***** back into the fold.

****ing jerk.

Mr. Pink
Stevie = Chad Johnson V2.0

Braylon Edwards 2.0

BertSquirtgum
I hope they fire Chan Gailey and keep Steve Johnson.

The Natrix
01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
My point was IF there had to be a clause, I would prefer my plan.
Actually scratch that, because if he became unhappy he might do it on purpose in order to get cut and sign on with another club.

Better make it no pay as long as you're benched. And a significant decrease in pay the following game/season(s).

And painting curbs in downtown B-lo during the summer.

djjimkelly
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
the benching is ridiculous

1 drive ok the rest of the first half ok the game is gay

and this shows how much stevie means to the offense

Bert102176
01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Chan is an old piece of crap, him and his coaching staff need to go along with the whole front office and ralph wilson needs to give up on life good bye old Bast@$d

TigerJ
01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't know if Steve Johnson is done here or not. I do know the very best way to get a player's attention is to take him off the field of play. Steve Johnson now knows Gailey means business when he says don't take stupid penalties. Whether he chooses to listen or not is up to him.

BertSquirtgum
01-01-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm tempted to set up a Twitter account just so I can tell him how big of a dumb **** he is.

I did that a month ago.

YardRat
We'll see how 'mature' he is, and how much he wants to be here, with his reaction to the benching.

I really couldn't care less right now if he walks.

jamze132
I agree to benching Stevie for a bit, but the rest of the game is a bit excesive. All that's going to do is piss Stevie off more, negating any lesson possibly learned.

Luisito23
01-01-2012, 03:03 PM
I really couldn't care less right now if he walks.

You'll be caring when we have Martin as our #1 receiver next year.

Billz_fan
01-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't know if Steve Johnson is done here or not. I do know the very best way to get a player's attention is to take him off the field of play. Steve Johnson now knows Gailey means business when he says don't take stupid penalties. Whether he chooses to listen or not is up to him.

Agree :up:

The fact that he took him off the field the rest of the game tells me Chan has probably had this talk with Stevie more than once. I think he seriously pissed off the coach this time.

I don't blame Chan either if thats the case. If I talked to him say 2 times about this already Im gonna be steaming when he costs me another 15 yards being foolish.

Bert102176
01-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Chan Gailey needs to be fired benching Stevie Johnson for the rest of the 1st half would of been fine but the rest of the game fire that old bastard, and the rest of the coaching staff, put up real money and get a good coach in here instead of being a cheap ***** Ralph Wilson Jr.

Novacane
01-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Agree :up:

The fact that he took him off the field the rest of the game tells me Chan has probably had this talk with Stevie more than once. I think he seriously pissed off the coach this time.

I don't blame Chan either if thats the case. If I talked to him say 2 times about this already Im gonna be steaming when he costs me another 15 yards being foolish.

It's obvious he has no respect for his coach.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2012, 03:10 PM

Hey then Stevie and I have something in common!

Billz_fan
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Chan Gailey needs to be fired benching Stevie Johnson for the rest of the 1st half would of been fine but the rest of the game fire that old bastard, and the rest of the coaching staff, put up real money and get a good coach in here instead of being a cheap ***** Ralph Wilson Jr.

I would love this really. That would be great. However most candidates don't even want to interview let alone take the job :laughter:

The Natrix
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
this shows how much stevie means to the offense

No it doesn't. C'mon man, it's the Pats, and the game has playoff implications for them. If Stevie stayed in, the pats may have won by either more points or less ponts. Probably less, but you don't know. You always have to take into account the butterly effect...

Maybe if Stevie stayed in, Spiller gets a serious injury or something.

Maybe the Bills would have won but you would have to put the odds against that somewhere around 65-1.

imbondz
01-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Only a Bills coach would bench a #1 WR for the rest of the game. Is this high school?

It's embarrassing what Stevie did, and embarrassing that he was benched for the rest of the game.

MattyNH
01-01-2012, 03:19 PM
The point being is that he knows it's a penalty. Just go to the sideline and THEN show the cameras the t-shirt....NO PENALTY!

QFT

Billz_fan
01-01-2012, 03:20 PM
On the bright side of it all !!!!

The Jets did not make the playoffs !! :laughter: This makes me really happy :D

Buddo
01-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Something that may be relevant, that we likely will not get to know, is what Chan has told Stevie about the celebrations.
If Chan told him he'd pull him for the rest of a game if he pulled another stunt, and then didn't go through with it, then any sense of saying what he means, goes out of the window.
The only way coaches have of enforcing discipline these days, is to keep players off the field.
I fully endorse what Chan did today. Stevie has had plenty of chances to not do stuff, yet can't seem to stop himself.
I hope the Bills still re-sign Stevie, as his production is valuable, but he simply has to learn not to pull this crap. You could overlook it some in years past, but with the kickoff rule changes, it's just too big a penalty to be taking.
In one respect, Stevie got very lucky today. The TD catch was just long enough to give him the yards needed for 1,000 for the season. I wonder what would have happened if he was a few yards short of that number, when he pulled the stunt.

Billz_fan
01-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Something that may be relevant, that we likely will not get to know, is what Chan has told Stevie about the celebrations.
If Chan told him he'd pull him for the rest of a game if he pulled another stunt, and then didn't go through with it, then any sense of saying what he means, goes out of the window.
The only way coaches have of enforcing discipline these days, is to keep players off the field.
I fully endorse what Chan did today. Stevie has had plenty of chances to not do stuff, yet can't seem to stop himself.
I hope the Bills still re-sign Stevie, as his production is valuable, but he simply has to learn not to pull this crap. You could overlook it some in years past, but with the kickoff rule changes, it's just too big a penalty to be taking.
In one respect, Stevie got very lucky today. The TD catch was just long enough to give him the yards needed for 1,000 for the season. I wonder what would have happened if he was a few yards short of that number, when he pulled the stunt.

Well said, now Im gonna sit down and watch Tebow vs the Chiefs :laughter:

Michael82
01-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Well said, now Im gonna sit down and watch Tebow vs the Chiefs :laughter:
I hope to watch him implode! :snicker:

YardRat
01-01-2012, 03:48 PM

People would've been *****ing that it was Ralph personally that pulled the plug to take away any bonus money that would have been owed to Stevie for passing 1000 yards, and further prove just how big of a dumbass they are.

Mahdi
01-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Stevie needs to finally learn his lesson and be more mature. I think what we saw today is our offense is not good without him.

Stevie should still definitely be re-signed. It will be interesting to see how he reacts and if he takes it like a man.

SaviorEdwards
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I do have to say this is a reasonable message board. The other boards are a bunch of Stevie Johnson ball washers who would defend him even if he went OJ.

YardRat
01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Stevie needs to finally learn his lesson and be more mature. I think what we saw today is our offense is not good without him.

Stevie should still definitely be re-signed. It will be interesting to see how he reacts and if he takes it like a man.

I've had enough of him pretending to 'take it like a man'.

Actions speak louder than words, and he's ****ed it up every time.

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I do have to say this is a reasonable message board. The other boards are a bunch of Stevie Johnson ball washers who would defend him even if he went OJ.LMFAO... A ball washer chastizing other ball washers!

Yasgur's Farm
01-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Steveie is behind coaches actions... See forked thread http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=208782

EDS
01-01-2012, 04:36 PM

And no respect for his teammates.

OpIv37
01-01-2012, 05:35 PM
His shirt said Happy New Year. I am incredibly offended by that. He should be fined by the Nazi Football League for well wishing. That sick, sick punk for giving holiday cheer!!

while I agree that the NFL has rules that are too strict and it's ridiculous for that to be a penalty, everyone- including Stevie- knows that kind of action will draw a penalty. Players don't get to pick and choose which rules they want to obey. It's every player's responsibility to know the rules and obey them, and Stevie failed to do that today just like he's done in the past.

SaviorEdwards
01-01-2012, 05:45 PM
LMFAO... A ball washer chastizing other ball washers!

I hope you got them nice and shiny with your spit shine. Now go back and get your shine box. :pimped:

Bert102176
01-01-2012, 06:35 PM
I would love this really. That would be great. However most candidates don't even want to interview let alone take the job :laughter:

only cuz Ralph is so old and no one knows what will happen to the team when he finally dies

T-Long
01-01-2012, 06:37 PM
as a fan of Stevie based on my past experiences working with him on a few interviews, I have to say I was furious when he did that. I feel like mentally there is something missing with him. As he wrote on his shirt, he HAD to have known it would be a penalty and that coach would bench him...he did it anyway. To be honest, if the Bills move on without him, I would totally understand. I want his talent on this team, but enough is enough with this guy. And this is coming from a Stevie fan...

YardRat
01-01-2012, 09:26 PM
as a fan of Stevie based on my past experiences working with him on a few interviews, I have to say I was furious when he did that. I feel like mentally there is something missing with him. As he wrote on his shirt, he HAD to have known it would be a penalty and that coach would bench him...he did it anyway. To be honest, if the Bills move on without him, I would totally understand. I want his talent on this team, but enough is enough with this guy. And this is coming from a Stevie fan...

Any hint of a brain, that's what missing.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2012, 09:16 AM
I hope you got them nice and shiny with your spit shine. Now go back and get your shine box. :pimped:1) I'm not a Stevie fan.
2) How's your pillow biting partner doing these days anyway?