PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Matt Flynn

TacklingDummy
01-01-2012, 03:05 PM
He's having a good game against the Lions. Maybe he can be our next Rob Johnson.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Can we give the Packers our first round pick, Chan Gailey, George Edwards, Fitzpatrick and our entire receiving corps for him? Please.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Can we give the Packers our first round pick, Chan Gailey, George Edwards, Fitzpatrick and our entire receiving corps for him? Please.

I'd see if they would take Johnson and our early 2nd round pick.

Albany,n.y.
01-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Unless he gets franchised, he's an unrestricted free agent & you can not trade for him. If the thread started with Sign Matt Flynn it would make more sense.

imbondz
01-01-2012, 03:19 PM
He's having a good game against the Lions. Maybe he can be our next Rob Johnson.

lol

TacklingDummy
01-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Unless he gets franchised, he's an unrestricted free agent & you can not trade for him. If the thread started with Sign Matt Flynn it would make more sense.

It had more to do with putting our hopes into a QB that had 1 good game.

Mr. Pink

Why sign him for free when you can try to give away a bunch of useless crap for him instead?

I like my idea better!! :rofl:

Johnny Bugmenot
Matt Flynn's biggest career achievement is beating out Brian Brohm for a backup quarterback spot. Not exactly a résumé of success.

kingJofNYC
Tom Clements QB coach, remember him?

Albany,n.y.
01-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Tom Clements QB coach, remember him?
Ok, I'll get into the spirit of this thread: Fire Chan & bring him back as head coach, sign Flynn & trade Fitzpatrick to the Jets for D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2012, 04:12 PM

I can see GB do a Franchise and trade deal. They know they can get something for him now.

So my "Trade for Matt Flynn" thread was correct.

BILLSROCK1212
01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
In all seriousness, he should have just won Drew Brees MVP

YardRat
01-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Matt Flynn's biggest career achievement is beating out Brian Brohm for a backup quarterback spot. Not exactly a résumé of success.

Actually, it's now throwing for the most yards in a single game by a Packer.

imbondz
01-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Actually, it's now throwing for the most yards in a single game by a Packer.

and most TDs by a Packer QB in a single game

Extremebillsfan247
01-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Fools gold.

EricStratton
01-01-2012, 06:47 PM
He just made himself a lot of money

Night Train
01-01-2012, 07:13 PM
He just made himself a lot of money

I'd take that chance. He has an actual arm and more natural ability than Fitz.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Johnson and a 2nd rounder. Get it done Buddy.

Lefty2985
01-01-2012, 08:00 PM
He made some good deep throws that fitz can't make but a lot of plays were big plays by the wr

Jaydog57
01-01-2012, 10:54 PM
There's a thread like this on the Phins board. That's a pretty serious roll of the dice to get somebody who had one amazing game. We did that about ten years ago with a back up qb that had an awesome game against us. His name was Jay Fiedler. You know the rest.

imbondz
01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
There's a thread like this on the Phins board. That's a pretty serious roll of the dice to get somebody who had one amazing game. We did that about ten years ago with a back up qb that had an awesome game against us. His name was Jay Fiedler. You know the rest.

don't worry, we've done it too.

Crisis
01-01-2012, 11:13 PM

Did you forget about AJ Feeley too?

lmcshadow
01-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Matt played good today, but the price tag for him is greater >>>Ralf Malf won't be able to give Kelsey his next extention...

better days
01-02-2012, 04:06 PM
I can see GB do a Franchise and trade deal. They know they can get something for him now.

So my "Trade for Matt Flynn" thread was correct.

Well, except that it takes a LOT of money to franchise a QB. There is NO WAY Green Bay could keep him with a franchise tag & it would be FOOLISH of Flynn to agree to ANY trade.

He is far better off to refuse any trade & go the FA route. And he has had a FEW good games for the Packers. Some team like the Skins will PAY him.

PTI
01-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Matt Flynn has a very Fitz like beard going right now.

THATHURMANATOR
01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Yep that is much better than his 480 yard 6td performance in an NFL game.

starrymessenger
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
I'd take that chance. He has an actual arm and more natural ability than Fitz.
Right. Stronger and more accurate arm. Would be good in Chan's O.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Yep that is much better than his 480 yard 6td performance in an NFL exhibition game.
Fixed. That game was meaningless, as evidenced by the decision to bench Rodgers. The Lions were already locked into a wild-card, and the Packers had already clinched the top seed. You wouldn't make judgments of a player's success on one preseason game, nor should you make such judgments on this game.

Heck, any QB can look good for a few games (except Brohm, apparently). Take a look at Tebow. It's a real QB that can lead a team for a full season, and jumping for the latest "revelation" backup is as much of a crap shoot as the draft. See: Billy Volek and Matt Cassel.

PTI
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Fixed. That game was meaningless, as evidenced by the decision to bench Rodgers. The Lions were already locked into a wild-card, and the Packers had already clinched the top seed. You wouldn't make judgments of a player's success on one preseason game, nor should you make such judgments on this game.

Heck, any QB can look good for a few games (except Brohm, apparently). Take a look at Tebow. It's a real QB that can lead a team for a full season, and jumping for the latest "revelation" backup is as much of a crap shoot as the draft. See: Billy Volek and Matt Cassel.

Not all true for the Lions, if they won they would have got to play at the Giants instead of at the Saints. You tell me who you would rather play the opening playoff game against, your statement is totally false.

starrymessenger
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM

You may live to regret it when he suits up for the Dolphins.