X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Coach Gailey warned the team they would be benched for celebrations

I just saw this on my twitter account from Chan Gailey's press conference....

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 26m
    Gailey: "told team If anybody got a penalty for hurting our team because of a demonstration, we are going to bench him for that game.....
    4:20 PM - 1 Jan 12 via web · Details

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 26m.....and then see about the next one. If I said I'm gonna do it, I gotta do it."

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 26mGailey questioned why it wasn't a flag last year and then it was this year. #Bills

Paul Peck @paulpeck4 26m
    Chan on Stevie benching: "Yes it hurt the team. Disappointed. Mad the first time he did it last year."
    Retweeted by Sal Capaccio

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 18m
    Stevie Johnson: "Today I did something and hurt my teammates." #Bills

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 18m
    Stevie Johnson: "The guys around me put in a lot of work.....I made a mistake by my teammates." #Bills
    4:31 PM - 1 Jan 12 via web · Details

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 17m"Coach has to stay true to his word and I respect him 100%" --- Stevie Johnson on Chan Gailey #Bills
    4:32 PM - 1 Jan 12 via web · Details
    Last edited by Michael82; 01-01-2012, 03:51 PM.
  • clumping platelets

Re: Coach Gailey warned the team they would be benched for celebrations

Stevie can go **** himself............that was premediatated. He fully intended on doing that BEFORE the game started

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I'm tired of hearing the apologies from Stevie...grow the **** up or get out.

Good for Chan.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Glad he stuck to his guns.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Of course he did. Check out Chris Brown's blog...I bet this pissed Gailey off too....

Stevie Johnson apparently had a TD celebration plan for today’s game, but wasn’t sure he’d go through with it if he scores against the Patriots. Apparently his young son has given him the go ahead.
          His young boy Mani, who apparently has a twitter account of his own, told him via twitter that his wife is ok with the planned celebration even if he gets fined. Here’s Stevie’s tweet back to his son after getting the thumbs up.
          StevieJohnson13K Love U “@ManiBoy13: Daddy if you score do wut u told me u were going to do ok? Mommy said its ok if they fine you, jus dnt 4get her M&Ms!”

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

As for the flag...it was only a penalty this time because Stevie had a couple players around him trying to help him lift his jersey to show the shirt.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Ralph shoulda warned Gailey if you lose 9 out of the last 10 you're FIRED instead.

It's hard to hold respect for a doosh who refuses to hire an NFL level coaching staff and refuses to run an NFL based offense when you're *gasp* allegedly an NFL head coach.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Michael82
                Of course he did. Check out Chris Brown's blog...I bet this pissed Gailey off too....

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/0...an-for-stevie/

Wow. I doubt the resign him now. He is really one dumb mfer

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Oh good...Stevie's taking career advice from his kid instead of paying attention to his head coach.

I don't give a **** about his baby-momma's M&M's...get a clue or get a ticket out of town...his call.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gameboy
                    • Jul 2002

I like Chan Gailey more now, than I did before this game.

Grow up or go away Stevie, you are a moron.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

Glad Chan's sticking to his meaningless edicts instead of devoting his time to winning games... oh, wait.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Ralph shoulda warned Gailey if you lose 9 out of the last 10 you're FIRED instead.

It's hard to hold respect for a doosh who refuses to hire an NFL level coaching staff and refuses to run an NFL based offense when you're *gasp* allegedly an NFL head coach.

I doubt Chan has the authority to hire/fire anyone. Im sure that is handled by book keeping
                        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                          I doubt Chan has the authority to hire/fire anyone. Im sure that is handled by book keeping

FINE!

But he does have the authority to run an NFL based offense.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by gameboy
                            I like Chan Gailey more now, than I did before this game.

Grow up or go away Stevie, you are a moron.

I agree with gameboy

Comment

• The Natrix
                              • Jul 2002

No matter what the entire true story is (regardless of what any potential lying quote says) The whole situation is just pathetic and makes the Bills look like even more of a joke.

If Gailey and Stevie's comments are thruthful, then I wonder if Stevie did it on purpose so he wouldn't get hurt before his big contract.

Also, I wonder if any of the supposed team "leaders" were aware of his childish "put me on sportscenter" antics beforehand, and didn't call him out.

What a clown. Seriously, how can anyone support Stevie's actions over Chan's, short of a bigger bills team conspiracy to give them a better shot at a higher draft pick....

Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                              X