PDA

View Full Version : Fitz

DesertFox24
01-01-2012, 03:51 PM
The first half the guy looked amazing, he was getting time and our offense was unstoppable.

Then in the third quarter our wrs started dropping balls and tipping them into NEs hands.

The first two picks are not on him Martin went the wrong way and CJ tipped it right to NE.

The third one is on him, and the fourth is as well. The only thing with the 4th is that it was end of game and we were getting blown out so it did not bother me all that much.

Bottom line we need OL and either our young WRs to develop and stay healthy or new wrs.

I think Fitz can be good but he had no time in the second half.

We also need to run more, especially with the lead.

Novacane
01-01-2012, 03:54 PM
He started sucking because NE adjusted to our short pass game. That's all Fitzputz can do.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-01-2012, 03:55 PM
We dont need O line. lowest sack total and leading rusher says qb sucks. we need top qb and SOME EFFIN DEFENSE

YardRat
01-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Fitz sure as hell isn't a 'franchise' QB, but he's the least of our problems on offense, except for maybe RB.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Honestly, Fitz seemed like he lost complete confidence in the entire offense after the Spiller tip pick. Not to excuse a player for just completely imploding but before that INT Fitz was having his best game of the year since he signed the extension.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Who's the pinhead who thought Ruvell Martin was an NFL caliber receiver, anyway?

jimmacie
01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Fitz is mediocre at best - a career back-up on most teams. His passes are often very inaccurate (usually too high or behind the receiver) plus he cannot consistently throw a good long ball. I know we need a lot of help at other positions in the draft, but if there is a decent QB available in rounds 1-3, take him. Fitz sucks! I would love to yank his freaking' beard off. Have you noticed how he is starting to look more and more like a Buffalo (bison) as his beard gets longer and fuller? I also think he is looking more and more like Rutherford B. Hayes lately. Shave, already!

DesertFox24
01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Fitz sure as hell isn't a 'franchise' QB, but he's the least of our problems on offense, except for maybe RB.

I think with a OL that can protect a little longer than what we have we could see longer pass plays.

Maybe Gailey knew they can not hold up to pass rush so that is why we did a short throw offense and spread it out to get the ball out of fitz hands fast.

Look there is a lot we do not know about this team.

I have always been a firm believer in building the trenches, look at the pats Tom Brady barely got breathed on. You could put Fitz back behind that line and he will put up great numbers as well. Yes Tom is a hall of famer and in another league, but that is my point no matter how good the defense is if the QB has time he will find an open WR.

We just need some cohesiveness on the OL and some more talent at WR. That could be Brad Smith and Marcus Easley. I also like Hagen I thought he played well for us probably better than Roosevelt.

This season sucked and I am hoping that we can get some consistency on our team and build a winner. Changing every two years is not going to work.

We have a QB our front office thinks is a franchise and hopefully they build around him.

Novacane
01-01-2012, 04:29 PM
I think with a OL that can protect a little longer than what we have we could see longer pass plays.

He had all the time in the world on on the opening drive and under threw the ball like he does on most every long throw. We got interference but a good QB would have had an easy TD.

DesertFox24
01-01-2012, 04:37 PM
He had all the time in the world on on the opening drive and under threw the ball like he does on most every long throw. We got interference but a good QB would have had an easy TD.

Brady misses throws as well.

Look my point is this I firmly believe the OL situation especially center and the WR injuries really hurt Fitz this year.

I know it is an excuse and it sucks but we all knew before the season we had no depth and it showed. We also knew we need Merriman to stay healthy because we had no OLBs.

Point being we need our 10 and 11 class players to get better, hopefully pick up one or two starters in FA and another solid draft.

Novacane
01-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm sure he was hurt by the injuries. I just believe teams figuring out the short pass game that was working early hurt him more. He's terribly inaccurate on throws over 15 yds. If they can upgrade QB they should.

Cleve
01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Astonishing to me that after a game where he has a 60.7 rating, he could still have defenders.

After two seasons of seeing Blitzpatrick on the field - the good money is on him NOT being any better than what we've seen. Two years is all one need give to any player - as a starter the guy is a mid to upper 70s QB rating. Even if the team was built up around him to squeak out a 9-7 record, no team is going to get very deep into the playoffs with Fitzpatrick in the pocket.

Ralph likes him, and he's cheaper to hire than a good QB - that's the ONLY reason he's here. There is no way a team like New Orleans, or New England, or Green Bay is going to have made a guy like this the starting QB for one season, let alone two... in the first place.

The Bills have a misguided notion they're smarter than other teams, and that they can take 'unique' paths to success - most good teams don't take a guy who's bounced around to two other teams as a 3rd stringer, and try to elevate him to the starting QB. But if the Bills think these goofy strategies are going to win games, they had best think again.

Philagape
01-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Fitz's accuracy went to hell all on its own. When he had plenty of time, when he had open receivers, he still was off-target again and again and again this year. That's on him alone.
The Bills have a better O-line than QB.

paladin warrior
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Shave or cut fitz Beard!!! And shave or cut Fitz Bunch of hair A$$!!! , Which team Pro-fottball have a beard??, There is only one person is Fitz, I dont get it. Why the F^^k Fitz need a beard for??. He is not a BUM or homeless

BertSquirtgum
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Plain and simple. Fitzputrid sucks and the Bills need a smarter coach.