X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cleve
    • Oct 2004

Blitzpatrick lays a season-finale egg!

60.7 was this guy's QB rating for the Patriots game today - throwing an inexcusable 4 interceptions against one of the bottom rated defenses in the NFL.

This guy is a journeyman backup QB - that's it - to keep claiming he's a 'starter' isn't going to make him one. Given his play over the last 10 games, there's not a team in the league that would make him a starter - except Buffalo - a team with a record setting playoff drought.

Does anyone else see the direct connection between the Bills endless string of losing seasons and the caliber of personnel being selected for the team?

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Blitzpatrick lays a season-finale egg!

What would his next contract look like now if we had not extended him yet?

Comment

• clumping platelets

He doesn't play defense

Comment

• Cleve
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Novacane
        Probably a lot less expensive. Much like Jauron's contract would have been had they waited to sign him as well.

Ralph making inept decisions again, no doubt.
        Last edited by Cleve; 01-01-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Cleve
          • Oct 2004

I watched the Bills game tonight ( only was able to catch the scores earlier today) - and those 4 interceptions - 2 were on terrible throws by Fitzpatrick, and two of them were mediocre throws. I'd put the blame primarily on Fitzpatrick for all 4 of them, and not on the offensive line.

And BTW, the first two interceptions occurred when the Bills were ahead, and then only 1 touchdown behind - with plenty of time left on the clock. So there was no real 'pressure' on Blitzpatrick - it wasn't panic time or anything - he is just a MEDIOCRE QB - that's the bottom line! He should never have been signed so prematurely at the first glimmer of success. I'll bet there's not another team in the league, TODAY, that would pay Fitzpatrick more than 50% of what the Bills are paying him.
          Last edited by Cleve; 01-01-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
            What contract?

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

Whatever he does, that ****ing beard is ridiculous, he looks like a complete moron with it. Can't stand to look at him QB my team.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Cleve
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Turf
                Whatever he does, that ****ing beard is ridiculous, he looks like a complete moron with it. Can't stand to look at him QB my team.
                Yeah, it just looks so stupid - besides it's not much of a 'good luck charm' if that's the idea behind it.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  He doesn't play defense
                  but he plays a position that can keep the defense on the field and at the very least make it a long field for the opposing offense. in the second half the bills went punt on 7 play, INT, INT, Punt (on 3plays) INT INT.

if we had a more capable/caring front office that game would be the one that says, "we really need a better qb." but the bills are like my dad. My dad would buy an expensive TV, have it break and then be like, "i'm not interested in a new tv. i'll just deal with this gigantic line of missing pixels for the next 3 years." and then upgrade. Instead of pointing out to the sales associate that the TV is a POS and or just write it off and get a new one and get the warranty this time.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

He was awful once again after the first quarter. He gave us one good quarter of football since signing him to his big contract. Good job, Fitzy.

I was one of them that didn't get too caught up in the start of the season and wanted to wait and see how it played out before we paid him big money. I was in disbelief when they gave him 10 million a year with 24 million guaranteed.

Had they waited it out we could've resigned him for about 6 or 7 million a year for a 2 or 3 year contract extension for somebody to start until we found a young replacement. We could've got him for at least half of the guaranteed money.

That's the Bills for you. They have any type of success for a short part of the season and they jump the gun just like in 2008 when they re-signed Jauron after a good first month. Just be happy we didn't give Gailey an extension too.

With the money we gave Fitzpatrick we could've used it towards extending some of the few good young players we have who will be hitting FA either after this year or in the next season or two. Guys like Johnson, Levitre and Woods.

Had we re-signed a guy like Levitre this season with one year still left on his contract we could've got a pretty good deal on it. We probably could've signed Johnson and Levitre for the around the same amount of guaranteed money that we gave Fitzpatrick.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

The good news kids is that the Bills still have PLENTY of money to extend/upgrade. The Bills have to spend money somewhere to meet the salary cap floor eventually.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

He only had about 23 INT's on the season. Give the guy a break.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                          He led the league in INTs!!!! I bet he has an incentive clause in his contract he was triying to hit.

Comment

• Cleve
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BillsFever21

LOL! I never realized he was the NFL LEADER in interceptions for the regular season- how can ANYONE still think he's a good starting QB, or has a good arm, or good judgment?

A penalty took away one of his dumb interceptions yesterday - or else he would have had 5 for the day and 24 for the season.

Ralph Wilson and some fans harbor the delusion that all we need to do is build up the talent on the O line a little around Blitzpatrick to make the team successful. But look at the interception statistics for the season - you have to go down to 16 interceptions - 7 less than Blitzpatrick - to get to QBs whose teams are still active in the post-season and squeaked into the wildcard playoffs (Giants and Detroit). Most of his interceptions NOBODY, no matter how talented, was gonna catch - at least not on the Bills - LOL Remember the pass that hit his intended receiver in the middle of the back? LOLOLOL!!!

Does anyone really think ANY team is going to advance to the playoffs when the so-called "Starting QB" throws almost two-dozen picks in a season??? Couple that with his 23rd in the league yards per pass and it should answer any remaining questions about the future of this team with Blitzy as the 'leader'. Guy is a TERRIBLE QB, and the Bills could have a stellar offensive line and still not achieve the playoffs.
                            Last edited by Cleve; 01-02-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              but he plays a position that can keep the defense on the field and at the very least make it a long field for the opposing offense. in the second half the bills went punt on 7 play, INT, INT, Punt (on 3plays) INT INT.

if we had a more capable/caring front office that game would be the one that says, "we really need a better qb." but the bills are like my dad. My dad would buy an expensive TV, have it break and then be like, "i'm not interested in a new tv. i'll just deal with this gigantic line of missing pixels for the next 3 years." and then upgrade. Instead of pointing out to the sales associate that the TV is a POS and or just write it off and get a new one and get the warranty this time.
                              What brand TV did your dad buy? I want to stay away from that brand.

Comment

Working...
                              X