PDA

View Full Version : Early Look At Draft Options

DraftBoy
01-01-2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/01/breaking-down-draft-options/

Today marked a disappointing end to a very disappointing season for the Bills. The year started out with so many hopes and dreams but ended with the all too familiar feeling of heartache and despair.

There should be many changes on the horizon including both on the roster and on the coaching staff. A philosophy change on defense may also be coming but we’ll get to all of that in the coming weeks and months as we try our hardest to forget about 2011 and look forward to 2012.

Night Train
01-01-2012, 07:21 PM
I agree DB but this team may use injuries and other weak excuses to not make changes.

They are stubborn and in denial to a fault but let's let it play out and hope for a miracle.

T-Long
01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't think Floyd or any other receiver outside of Blackmon is a top 10 talent, so I believe they go OLB unless they are able to address it in free agency. Both Luck and Griffin will be long gone, so they need to go with the top pass rusher available.

Bert102176
01-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I would grab up Floyd if he is there

kingJofNYC
01-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't think any OLB is a top ten talent.

Floyd has a bit of Santonio Holmes in his game. If he isn't targeted early and often the guy becomes a ghost. Lots of laziness to his game.

I'd go OL all the way, best tackle or DeCastro. Would love a trade down but that will never happen.

What a ****ty draft, look at last years and then compare the talent, same with 2010 draft. Pales in comparison to the last two drafts.

TigerJ
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Buffalo will consider an offensive tackle only if they declline to re-sign Demetrius Bell.

I noted when you listed defensive ends/outside linebackers, you declined to list Courtney Upshaw. A lot of people are high on him, and a number of mockers have him going to Buffalo even though he doesn't produce gaudy sack numbers. Do you think he's not a consideration for Buffalo?

I also note you declined to include Alshon Jeffery who was considered the top WR prospect a couple months ago by a lot of people. Has he slipped that far on your board?

Do you think Buffalo will give serious consideration to Landry Jones or Tannehill? I'm assume RG3 is gone by the time the Bills pick, and I don't anticipate a trade up attempt by Buddy Nix.

elltrain22
01-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Best case scenario would be for RG3 to slip to us, but common sense will tell ya he'll be long gone by then. If he is gone, no question, you gotta get a bonafide pass rusher. We have to get after the passer, first and foremost, before we're ever going to do anything on defense.

kingJofNYC
01-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Alshon Jeffrey was totally out of shape this year, guy mailed it in. Interested in seeing what he looks like in a few months, dude needs to shed lbs ASAP.

tampabay25690
01-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Best case scenario would be for RG3 to slip to us, but common sense will tell ya he'll be long gone by then. If he is gone, no question, you gotta get a bonafide pass rusher. We have to get after the passer, first and foremost, before we're ever going to do anything on defense.
I think there will be teams trying to trade up and grab rg3...1 thing I will say he isn't passing wash....

NOT THE DUDE...
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
this year is easier to pick our 1st pick. we dont have as many needs. olb is clearly our biggest hole. in fact we might need two olb. upshaw makes the most sense. i would be willing to put money on it.

T-Long
01-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Rams should have plenty of calls coming in about that #2 overall pick...look for the Redskins to shell out big time for it.

kingJofNYC
01-01-2012, 09:31 PM
There's probably going to be a bidding war for Flynn so that may knock out at least one suitor.

Still, this org doesn't have the balls to move up. Stuck with Fitz, top ten again next year.

Beebe
01-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina 6,6 278 we need like GIANTS Pierre-Paul 6,5 278 why not,DEFENSE,DEFENSE,DEFENSE.

TacklingDummy
01-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Couples or best wr, lb available.

DraftBoy
01-01-2012, 11:31 PM
this year is easier to pick our 1st pick. we dont have as many needs. olb is clearly our biggest hole. in fact we might need two olb. upshaw makes the most sense. i would be willing to put money on it.

I will disagree with almost everything you said in the post. We have potentially more needs and we aren't even sure we'll be in a 34 next year so putting money on a guy who I dont even think it going to be a 34 OLB in the NFL is extremely risky.

tampabay25690
01-02-2012, 06:40 AM

My latest mock I have the Bills taking 2 OLB/DE back to back in the 1st 4 rounds...
It is a huge need, thats why Upshaw is very interesting at that 10 spot.
Keep an eye on Zach Brown OLB NC.
I think this guy is going to move up draft boards athletic as hell...

tampabay25690
01-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Couples or best wr, lb available.

I like a WR real early then load up on defense the rest of the draft....
Im with you on this by not a nig Coples fan at all....