PDA

View Full Version : Gailey press conference?

BertSquirtgum
01-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Did he not have one? I wanted to hear what he had to say for himself and the team. If anyone has the link, please post it. I hope Buddy told him not even to bother because he won't have a job by monday afternoon.

PromoTheRobot
01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
There's no link at BB.com but I did hear it on the radio. BTW Chan isn't getting fired.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
01-01-2012, 08:19 PM
He deserves to be fired.

T-Long
01-01-2012, 08:25 PM
NFL.com usually has them much sooner than bb.com

T-Long
01-01-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos#page:3

Cleve
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Did Gailey express his disgusting man-crush for Blitzpatrick during the presser? LOL

tampabay25690
01-02-2012, 08:27 AM
He deserves to be fired.

WHY???
He improved from last year, injury bug killed this team....
Give him another year.

Jeff1220
01-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Winning six games is an amazing feat w/this roster and depth.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
WHY???
Give him another year.
Good coaches either keep their players healthy or make sure the starting QB goes down with them. In both departments, he failed.

Albany,n.y.
01-02-2012, 12:17 PM
WHY???
Give him another year.
He was 4-12 last year, 6-10 this year. Jauron was 7-9 for 3 straight years & got fired in the middle of his 4th year with a 3-6 record and the team finished 6-10 that year. So Gailey has "improved" the team so much he's gotten back to the Fewell/Jauron record that got Jauron fired & Fewell not seriously considered for head coach. That's really great progress. Imagine if he'd gotten us back to Jauron's 7-9 years-you'd be calling for a 5 year extension.
Look back at recent Bills teams-it's the same injury excuse EVERY YEAR! Go back in the archives & you'll find a post every year for the past 4-5 years looking forward to next year because there's no way the team will suffer this many key injuries and the poster can't wait to see the team at full strength when all these injured players will be back. The reality of the situation is this team is overmatched, lacks depth and overmatched teams with no depth suffer key injuries every year. Until the Bills can catch up in talent, they'll always get injured too much & fans will use it as an excuse.
The only reason I'm not screaming from the roof to fire Gailey now is because I don't see the point of getting rid of him with the likely sale of the team within the next 2-3 years. Why saddle the new management with Gailey's replacement when Chan & Buddy will be so easy to get rid of when the time comes?
Give Chan another year-OK, but not for your reasoning. Chan stays & continues to lose until new management can come in & get a real GM & coach. Until then all the Bills head coaching job is is a stopgap position until Ralph sells & someone who cares about winning is running the team. There's no way a new owner would look at Chan Gailey as the head coach & give him another year. Chan should be praying every day Ralph stays alive & also keeps the team because as soon (if not sooner, depending on how long Ralph owns the team) as a new owner comes in Chan will be cleaning out his office.

Albany,n.y.
01-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Did he not have one? I wanted to hear what he had to say for himself and the team. If anyone has the link, please post it. I hope Buddy told him not even to bother because he won't have a job by monday afternoon.
As far as what Chan said about Stevie being benched because Chan instituted a policy that if a player gets a 15 yard celebration penalty he's benched for the rest of the game-Only a complete idiot of a head coach would institute such a policy. Imagine if the game meant something important & by Chan sticking to his policy it cost us a spot in the playoffs. Of course, as long as Chan is head coach, that dilemma will never happen because Chan will never see the playoffs as a head coach with the Bills.

better days
01-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Good coaches either keep their players healthy or make sure the starting QB goes down with them. In both departments, he failed.

What?????????????????????????

better days
01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
As far as what Chan said about Stevie being benched because Chan instituted a policy that if a player gets a 15 yard celebration penalty he's benched for the rest of the game-Only a complete idiot of a head coach would institute such a policy. Imagine if the game meant something important & by Chan sticking to his policy it cost us a spot in the playoffs. Of course, as long as Chan is head coach, that dilemma will never happen because Chan will never see the playoffs as a head coach with the Bills.

Chan is trying to instill some disipline on this team & I commend him for that. It would be STUPID to let players feel free to draw STUPID penalties without any consequences.

Chan KNEW this game meant NOTHING. Stevie KNEW there would be consequences if he drew a penalty & yet he did it anyway.

JOHNSON should be the person getting criticized for his SCREW UP, NOT Chan.

doug45
01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
WHY???
Give him another year.

He needs to go!! Every team has the injury bug every year. That is part of the game and a coach has to deal with it.

BertSquirtgum
01-03-2012, 12:41 AM
I still hope he gets fired. That would be great.

Jeff1220
01-03-2012, 06:27 AM
If Gailey gets fired, the Stache would be this team's only option.

Mski
01-04-2012, 04:47 PM
the team needs to spend some money off the field, on better trainers, and nutrition, and strength and conditioning coaches to squash the injury bug that has plagued this team for years, and seeing as those things arent areas that have a required minimum spending limit in the CBA, i doubut anything will be done to improve those areas

DrGraves
01-04-2012, 04:53 PM
bench the best player and soon to be FA on the team... bravo... very intelligent move.

Buddo
01-04-2012, 05:42 PM
the team needs to spend some money off the field, on better trainers, and nutrition, and strength and conditioning coaches to squash the injury bug that has plagued this team for years, and seeing as those things arent areas that have a required minimum spending limit in the CBA, i doubut anything will be done to improve those areas

Nix did that when he took over, as in hired a new bunch of trainers. In their first year, they worked the players a lot harder than the previous regime did.
This year, they probably weren't able to due to the lack of OTAs etc.

Undoubtedly the 'injury bug' has hit the Bills with far too much regularity, but I think you have to look at the type of injuries, as opposed to just saying it's the trainers fault, every time someone breaks a leg, or an arm or collarbone.

One thing I will say about these trainers, is that they do seem to manage to get the necessary stamina into the guys. The team hasn't looked totally knackered in the 4th quarter in most games. Clueless, yes, but not exhausted.

I'd also say that not once has Gailey made any excuses in respect of injuries throughout the season.

I also like his general attitude.
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/01/03/gailey-just-as-frustrated-as-players/

'Though he improved the team’s win total by two games in 2011, he is having a difficult time stomaching the losing records in his first two seasons with Buffalo. “I’m not dealing with it very well,” he said. ”And if I did deal with it very well, I shouldn’t be here. You get in this thing to be the best of the best. The NFL is the world’s best football and you want to be the champion of whatever the best league is. '

blln4lyf
01-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I still hope he gets fired. That would be great.

Every post you make gives me the sense your trolling.. :down: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

BertSquirtgum
01-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Every post you make gives me the sense your trolling.. :down: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Goodbye Chan

capitolneal
01-04-2012, 07:05 PM
he did a great job with what he had we lost kyle, fred, and wood they were are three best players

BertSquirtgum
01-04-2012, 11:11 PM
His play calling is ****ing terrible. his short receiver routes on third down make me pull what remaining hair i have, out. he isn't going to get this team to the playoffs. he believes in a terrible quarterback that can only hit a pass beyond 5 yards 1 out of 10 times. why even waste another year with him? i'll tell you why, because ralph is cheap and won't die.