PDA

View Full Version : 2012 schedule

T-Long
01-01-2012, 08:24 PM
I know how different a year can make with teams, but this is the best schedule I have seen us have in a LONG time...maybe 2012 is the year we get over the hump.

Home opponents
Kansas City, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Seattle, St. Louis, Miami, New England, NY Jets

Away opponents
Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Arizona, San Francisco, Miami, New England, NY Jets

djjimkelly
01-01-2012, 09:20 PM
that is actually the softest schedule ive seen the bills have in a very long time

3-3 in division is what we need to pull off to make playoffs

YardRat
01-01-2012, 09:22 PM
PLAYOFFS !!!

Beebe
01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
SAN FRANCISCO and Jacksonville,SEATTLE can't wait to see old ex BILLS.

Mike13
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
So much can change between now and then, so thats why I dont like thimking about the schedule until after the draft and FA.

djjimkelly
01-01-2012, 09:29 PM
defense defense defense

in this years draft

ThunderGun
01-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Are you sure about the Home & Away?

We played Seattle at home in 2008. Shouldn't we be playing them in Seattle?

more cowbell
01-01-2012, 09:54 PM
The Bills play at Seattle, and the Cardinals at home.

Last time we played the NFC west we destroyed Seattle, week 1 in Buffalo and Trent Edwards was light up by Adrian Wilson in AZ week 5

Skooby
01-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Indy will be back near championship shape when we play them,
We're cursed like that.

Ed
01-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Playing the NFC West always makes your schedule seem soft. Having the browns and jags on there is nice too. No more excuses next year for this sorry @ss organization. Playoffs next season, or just fire everyone.

TigerJ
01-01-2012, 11:09 PM
KC, Cleveland, Arizona and Jacksonville will be in rebuilding mode. Saint Louis was decimated by injuries like Buffalo. I suspect they will be better in 2012, but not that much better. I'm assuming Peyton Manning will be back next season, but now in his late 30s, he is less mobile and less durable than in the past. A lot could depend on whether Indianapolis is early or late in the Bills' schedule. I do think Peyton Manning's Super Bowl years are probably over for good. His absence this season esposed a lot of holes on the team. Houston and San Francisco are going to be tough. Seattle was better than I expected this season, but I don't think Travaris Jackson is a long term solution at QB for them, and what they do next year depends a lot on how they address their QB situation. If they try to draft an start a rookie, they aren't going to get better for a while.

It's too early to make a lot of predictions because we don't even know what the Bills are going to look like next season, but it looks like the opportunity is there to have a winning season.

jamze132
01-02-2012, 02:35 AM
I see a 7-9 next year. That's improvement every year in Gailey! In 3 more years, we'll finally win a one of the wild cards! YEAH!

G Wolly
01-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Figures we'd get an easier schedule.

I guess world really WILL end this December :ill:

BillsFever21
01-02-2012, 03:15 AM
It looks easy on paper right now but in the NFL(except for the Bills) many teams get better or worse every season outside of your dominant teams that are there every year like the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Packers, etc.

Half of the playoff teams this season didn't even make the playoffs last season. A lot of it is catching the teams at the right time. The greatest example is the Bills this season.

Indy won't be a two win team next season if Manning is back and even at 75% of his old self. St. Louis was a 7 win team last year before losing their starting QB and many other players. KC won 10 or 11 games last year and their division and after a horrid start of the season where they lost their starting QB, a dominant starting RB and a dominant starting safety along with others and ALSO firing their coach during the season they still won 7 games.

Then teams like the Cardinals aren't an easy win. They started off bad but after Rob Johnson 2.0 went down with another injury Skelton came in and led them to 8 wins after starting the season off 1-6 or something like that. Houston will be a tough team again and was on their way to a 1st round bye this year before losing their starting QB and that's even with Andre Johnson missing much of that stretch of the season. San Francisco should also be good again next year.

Then we're not much or any better then teams like the Browns and Seahawks. The Titans are also better then us. None of them are gimmie games.

Then you have our division where we have had a losing record in for so many years I lost count and many times we only win one game in the division and a couple times in the recent past we haven't won any games. If not for a lucky win against the Pats this year we would've been swept in the division again this year.

Also don't forget that outside of two of the games the rest of our division plays the same teams as we do. Even if an easy record can sometimes get you into the playoffs if you win all or most of them games the rest of your division benefits from that also. We still won't be better then the Jets either and the Pats will win the division once again.

Basically with the Steelers and Ravens being in the AFC that only leaves one WC spot every year. I still don't see us being good enough to even have a chance of securing that last WC spot unless a miracle happens and we finally beat the teams in our division. Even if we did go 4-2 or even 3-3 in the division we still have to finish good against the rest of the schedule. I don't see this team doing that unless something drastically changes which I don't see happening.