PDA

View Full Version : Is It Time to Jump Ship

lmcshadow
01-02-2012, 02:20 AM
You know ive been a Bills fan since 1988, before that a ran with the Steelers. After thinking about the last 15yrs of insults and put-downs I still remain faithful. And believe me From Rochester, to Kansas And now Raleigh its been a fun taunt ride. But Like a loser <BILLS>I feel like giving up. When will it end??? Well I know how I feel how about you???.............What to do!!!!

jamze132
01-02-2012, 02:26 AM
True fans can't jump ships. The Bills are our team regardless.

Go Bills, **** George Edwards!

G Wolly
01-02-2012, 02:34 AM
.............What to do!!!!

Suck it up, nancyboy.

I'll say what most of say in response to these threads which always come about year after year, if you're considering handing in your fan card, be my guest. We don't need you then. And if maybe one day we finally get to know what winning it all feels like, it will have made our pain worth the wait and feel that much better.

Meathead
01-02-2012, 03:13 AM
make sure the door hits you in your head on the way out

Johnny Bugmenot
01-02-2012, 05:27 AM
By all means, do it. You will be much better off. As I've said before, I have very little patience for "true fans" because they're the ones that ensure these decades-long stretches of mediocrity by not withholding their support in times of dysfunction. They are masochists to the highest degree; they'd rather be a "true fan" of a team that rips their heart out and makes them miserable than not be a fan of it all and go on with their lives.

lmcshadow
01-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Listen to you ...look at all the threads...you cant tell me at times you are that happy after 12 years of Ralf Malf bungling this time into the laughing stock of the league. Im not saying that I hate the Bills. I love them..Just tellin how I feel.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Once you jump off, you can't jump back on.... It says so in the RULES.
but whatever.... It will make no diff to the Bills.... They will not change, and people will continue to be fans or not and chumps like SJ and Fitzputrid will contine to have the world laughing at us.
By the way.... Shave the stupid beard fitzfizzle.

tampabay25690
01-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Bills fan forever for me.
I never quit

DynaPaul
01-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Just go into hibernation for awhile.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Isn't there some kind of reward for rooting for the worst franchise in the NFL, possibly the worst franchise in NFL history?

DynaPaul
01-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Isn't there some kind of reward for rooting for the worst franchise in the NFL, possibly the worst franchise in NFL history?

Nope... just more ridicule.

Jan Reimers
01-02-2012, 07:31 AM
I started with this team in 1960, and despite my frustration with a second class organization that can't find its ass with both hands, I will never stop being a Bills' fan.

Some of you that started in the Super Bowl years, when (and maybe because) things were good, probably should jump ship. We are now one of the worst franchises in football, so those of you who want a constant winner should go over to the Pats, Steelers, or Packers.

But as an old timer who has seen the good and the bad, I'm sticking with it.

SabreEleven
01-02-2012, 07:33 AM
You know ive been a Bills fan since 1988, before that a ran with the Steelers. After thinking about the last 15yrs of insults and put-downs I still remain faithful. And believe me From Rochester, to Kansas And now Raleigh its been a fun taunt ride. But Like a loser <BILLS>I feel like giving up. When will it end??? Well I know how I feel how about you???.............What to do!!!!

If you are even thinking this, you aren't a real fan....Bye!

Night Train
01-02-2012, 07:38 AM
So you came onboard during out first division title during the good times. :rofl: Frontrunner.

Still, I can't blame anyone for reaching a state of apathy after these last dozen years. A constant state of rebuilding with plees for patience from OBD will do that.

Jan Reimers
01-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I've quit after many bad losses through the years - including yesterday - but I always come back by Monday, or Tuesday at the latest.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2012, 08:01 AM
LOL YEAH TUESDAY IS THE BEST DAY OF THE WEEK FOR 1BD.... FANS START FORGETTING ABOUT SUNDAY AND START PRAYING FOR NEXT WEEK OR NEXT SEASON. AND HOPING THE NEXT DRAFT WILL BRING SALVATION

YardRat
01-02-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm going down with the ship.

tampabay25690
01-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Give it a few days then you will forget about it and move on.
Well I do, its time to talk Free agents and draft.....
How can we get this team better.
You dont start out 4-0 and suck that bad.

We are close IMO, but injuries killed this team bad.
Didn't help the schedule was awful for the Bills this year....
Like what we saw in CJ, that is promising, seeing CJ and Fred next year is very exciting. I have no clue what the Bills are going to do about Stevie Johnson....I honestly think they are going to look at a Bowe and see what his market is...
Having a healthy Kyle Williams, Dareus, Troup, Heard.....That makes me excited for next year. Dareus is only going to get better....

Let me ask you Bills fans would you rather have Stevie or Dewayne Bowe??? Just curious....

Novacane
01-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I waiting Ralph out!!!!!!!!

Night Train
01-02-2012, 09:04 AM
I waiting Ralph out!!!!!!!!

He'll live to be 128, just to spite us.

Turf
01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
As long as Ralph is the owner, and we have a homeless guy at QB, we're going no where. Until those two things change I have no hope for this team.

DMBcrew36
01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
You don't stop being a Bills fan..... you just have to stop caring as much. Lower your expectations. It's pretty sad - but that's reality.

I'm numb to it and expect us to suck every year. Every offseason people get lured into false hope. I'm not easily fooled anymore.

trapezeus
01-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Still a fan, but I'm in crash position all the time. I expect the worst because I know better now. But I'm an addict. I won't stoP caring unless they move

TacklingDummy
01-02-2012, 09:17 AM
You can still be a fan and just lose some interest in them. Don't let wins/losses control you. Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed and will always be pleasently surprised when they do win. But sometimes wins piss you off when they are meaningless wins and they cost you 4 draft positions.

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Let me ask you Bills fans would you rather have Stevie or Dewayne Bowe??? Just curious....I honestly would much rather have Bowe than Stevie... But I strt to get hung-up when I think of where Stevie might land.

hemi13
01-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I bleed RED, WHITE AND BLUE and thats not gonna change.
The seasons over and yes we sucked again, but the draft and free agency are just around the corner. It will be time to renew my faith in this team for another season. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS I'm here till the end!!! The only way I leave is if they leave Buffalo.

Marvelous
01-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes it is time for you to jump ship... 1988 EH, i bet it was 89/90. What a coincidence. Winning is a perk! Yesterdays game WASN'T meaningless. It was a Pats sweep! And that woulda carried me all offseason with a powerful grin.
--Is this team jumping crap serious? GOODGRIEF. Sonderkommando's!

G Wolly
01-02-2012, 05:54 PM
By the time August/September comes around you'll be just as excited as the rest of us. New year, clean slate.

Marvelous
01-03-2012, 12:14 AM
I don't even watch football &/or play Madden with the medioce fans who have changed teams. I allow/accept the one time team change pass if your under 10 years old and dont wanna follow your parents team from whatever state they came from. This was common with Dolphin fans because all their parents were from Chicago & NewYork..Lots of Jet & Bills fans with Phinhead children..I'm cool with that. I'll even play madden /w em :wink: SO long as they dont use my glasses for drink. :grin:

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2012, 01:18 AM
the team is close. but with a middle of the road qb like fitz, your defense has to have a great pass rush. until then, we will be 7-9ish... hopefully we draft coples, merriman gets healthy, we cut kelsay and sign bierman from the falcons to play 43 de... he is only 25 and has lots of potential as a pass rusher!

merriman/coples
bierman/carrington

thats a solid start for outside pass rush.

lmcshadow
01-03-2012, 01:27 AM
You Zoners are right, no matter how bad these guys are I just cant walk away...Im a Bill for life and no one can take that away..Ill just wait until Ralf Malf is history and maybe the "Buffalo Will Rise Again"

The King
01-03-2012, 07:28 AM
your commitment level to the team can change but your commitment can not.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-03-2012, 07:36 AM
I don't even watch football &/or play Madden with the medioce fans who have changed teams.
Why? Afraid they'll rub it in your face when you lose? Because obviously you lack the instinct to win.

(EDIT: Well, that was an embarrassing typo.)

Pinkerton Security
01-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Why? Afraid they'll rub it in your face when they lose? Because obviously you lack the instinct to win.

I enjoy how you think it matters how much fans want to win, and that you're some kindof born winner...you're still just another schmo posting on a message board, and so am I. Go make the team as our QB if you wanna show us how fans can make a difference in the success of a franchise.

better days
01-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Being a Bills fan is not for the faint of heart.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2012, 08:23 AM
We almost scored 400 pts on o, our qb with banged up wrs all season threw for almost 4000 yds and 24 tds. wr is not a need. easley and jones went on ir, they need a chance to develop, plus stevie had a bad groin all year. nelson, our usual number 4 was number 1 and brad smith was playing number 2 when he should be number 5 wr. fitz still put up average numbers in the second half with so many issues at wr because of injuries... fitz can get better and he still has room to improve. we have two young studs at dt. we have a young mlb in shepp and a promising lde in carrington if we go to the 43. WE NEED A PASS RUSH, BAD, SPECIFICALLY AT RDE, ON THE BLIND SIDE. We probably need two rde, because we cant count on merriman. i wouldnt be suprised if kelsay was cut and we picked up a younger more athletic option like anthony spencer or kroy bierman. both are vastly superior outside threats around the corner then slow ass kelsay. i suspect are starting 3 lbs will be barnett/shepp/moats, backups will be rookie/rookie/batten/ white- as the 3rd string mlb. if it was up to me, i would keep kelsay and carrington at lde, and draft coples in rd1 and then sign kroy bierman as a fa 43rde from the falcons. we need a pass rush in order to make a run next year. merriman cant be counted on at all by nix!

think about it, this team with zero, suck ass pass rush won 6 games and almost won 8 or 9. drafting coples to play rde, signing bierman to spell him, moving kelsay to his natural lde spot and having carringtion lose about 15lbs to play lde would probably give us another 15 sacks. that alone could give us 2 games right there. i see us with fitz as having a chance to be competitive with top teams. we just need a great pass rush to give our potent o the ball more...

i see our front 7 like this if it were me.

coples
williams
dareus
kelsay
barnett
sheppard
moats- slb, over the te sometimes to give the hybrid 34 look, but most of the time he would be off the line of scrimmage. he has all the tools to be a solid 43 slb.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I enjoy how you think it matters how much fans want to win, and that you're some kindof born winner...you're still just another schmo posting on a message board, and so am I. Go make the team as our QB if you wanna show us how fans can make a difference in the success of a franchise.
"Go make the team as our QB?" When they hold open tryouts, I'll give it a shot. Unfortunately, it's an old boys club, you know it and I know it. I went to college where they didn't even have a football team, so my chances of even getting a tryout are nil. Besides, when I played football I played linebacker and center, not quarterback. We do, however, have the option to make our voices heard, buy tickets, watch their TV broadcasts, and spread information about the team. We have the ability to hold the Bills accountable for their poor performance. There needs to be rewards and punishments for the team's on-field performance. The Bills will not try to win if they can count on fans to show up game in and game out regardless of their performance. They will if it means the difference between profit and loss. The "true fans" don't understand that.

There's a book out there, Scorecasting: The Hidden Influences Behind How Sports Are Played and Games Are Won by Toby Moskowitz and Jon Wertheim, that discusses this phenomenon.

Extremebillsfan247
01-03-2012, 09:13 AM
You know ive been a Bills fan since 1988, before that a ran with the Steelers. After thinking about the last 15yrs of insults and put-downs I still remain faithful. And believe me From Rochester, to Kansas And now Raleigh its been a fun taunt ride. But Like a loser <bills>I feel like giving up. When will it end??? Well I know how I feel how about you???.............What to do!!!! If your thinking about jumping ship, you might as well do it, and get it over with. This team isn't for you if that is what you are thinking about. You are by no means obligated to be a fan of this team, it is by choice alone. I've chosen at a young age to be a Bills fan, and will continue to be because I choose to, but not because I have to. Hopefully, that makes sense to you. JMO
</bills>

HAMMER
01-03-2012, 09:54 AM

Drama Queen looking for attention, buh bye.

imbondz
01-03-2012, 10:34 AM
wait a minute, you can cheer for a team that consistently wins?

ddaryl
01-03-2012, 11:50 AM
You know ive been a Bills fan since 1988, before that a ran with the Steelers. After thinking about the last 15yrs of insults and put-downs I still remain faithful. And believe me From Rochester, to Kansas And now Raleigh its been a fun taunt ride. But Like a loser <bills>I feel like giving up. When will it end??? Well I know how I feel how about you???.............What to do!!!!

Are you capable of switching teams ?

I couldn't switch teams.. In fact if the Bills leave Buffalo I have no reason at all to watch football.
</bills>