• Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

With the 10th pick in the NFL Draft...

10th: Buffalo Bills select: Quinton Coples, DE, UNC

10. Buffalo Bills
    Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama (Scouting Report)

Huge, athletic, linebacker that can do it all – coverage, run, blitz. Upshaw brings the versatility and experience needed to crack the starting lineup on day one. He can play 3-4 OLB and ILB, as well as playing 4-3 DE.

10. Buffalo Bills: Quinton Coples, DE, UNC

2012 NFL Mock Draft #1 Defensive End

The Buffalo Bills need a CB and a pass rush according to me. In this 2012 NFL Mock Draft I feel like the top options are CB’s Dre Kirkpatrick and Janoris Jenkins. However, I have the Bills passing on both of these players to select a top tier defensive end who can get after the Qb. Coples is my top rated 2012 NFL Mock Draft Defensive End.

10. Buffalo Bills
    DE Vinny Curry, Marshall (Scouting Report)

Curry is a 34 OLB or 43 DE depending on who you talk to, with so much up in the air about the Bills defensive scheme this pick makes sense no matter which direction they go in.

10. Buffalo Bills- OLB Quinton Coples, UNC:

Will Bills add to their defense with Coples?

The Bills have to land some more defensive help in this draft, and finding a pass rusher is a top priority. Coples is the top pass rusher on the board, but is a guy who I could see fall to the mid-round range given his inconsistency this season. He might not be a huge impact as a rookie, but he should be able to be a solid playmaker early on.

10. Buffalo (6-9)- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

The Bills have been banged up all year, but especially so at the offensive line. However, even before the injuries they weren’t particularly strong at the position. Martin has been blocking for a smart QB for the last couple of years and knows what info needs to be relayed to the quarterback and how to read a blitz. Not only that, but he is a great blind side blocker, and a very good road grater for Jackson as well.
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Re: With the 10th pick in the NFL Draft...

Has to be a QB no matter who it is.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Don't forget about Alshon Jeffery. I'm not saying they will draft him, but they could. The ones you have there though, I like, especially Upshaw. I think Upshaw would be a great pick up for this team. We already have a player he is familiar with in Dareus. It would be a good chemistry builder. JMO

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
        Will not tolerate vandalism.
        • Apr 2006

Can't disagree with the idea of grabbing an OLB, if only for depth if Merriman actually does return full-strength. However, the idea of the 4-3 DE makes me uncomfortable with the team's past failures with 'tweeners'. Gimme a pure OLB that can play the position in a 3-4 or a 4-3 any day.

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by PTI
          Has to be a QB no matter who it is.
          What? Did you watch the season? Views like this is what makes sorting draft threads & comments so time consuming..

-I'm not an expert on what rookie is elite & worthy o 10th pick,,but i am with what position we need & should spend the 10th on.

--IN ORDER---
          --Tackle--Pears played decent @ RT..Surprisingly eh?
          -But LT is a mess and just as early/recent as yesterday..

--DE/OLB either. As long as he can rush the passer. Coverage is only a perk & NOT REQUIRED .. Von Miller type! No wishes here to have taken him. In Darius we build our D!!!

--THAT'S IT---10th pick muct be one of those two positions. Ill learn who is who & best fits from here -till- draft,, BUt those two positions are guaranteed need..Proof is that both our tackles & both or DE's are not good enough. Same with our OLB's. The guys we have that are worthy can shuffle or be depth to the rook with upside. But that's down the road anyways..
          ---And i dunno what Kyle WIlliams is to us.. DE/LE? DT/NT? I do know he's our best player on defense and we sure missed him BAD..

--I dont consider guard a high 1st round pick,,but we desperate for a RG.
          --Guard & WR are major needs outside of 10th pick.. In fact we need two WR's. a 2nd or 3rd rounder and a 5th or lower to push & outshine him
          --But 10th is not we're we get WR. Too risky and tooo long to mature & show up.. Free Agency is our WR relief for next year... Bye STevie,,dont let the door hit you. TARD!
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

my three comments on the draft at this early stage:

1. fitz SUCKS... but we have bigger problems right now.

2. draft kids from the SEC, amazing that colleges can scout, evaluate, and run better football programs than our pro team.

3. i predict the bills draft a WR which will not help improve our team at all. seems like the dumb type of thing we would do.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
              Don't forget about Alshon Jeffery. I'm not saying they will draft him, but they could. The ones you have there though, I like, especially Upshaw. I think Upshaw would be a great pick up for this team. We already have a player he is familiar with in Dareus. It would be a good chemistry builder. JMO
              I have issues with Jeffery. I think he plays lazy too often, he won;t block, and takes plays off. I question his heart at some level. I also think he's got a bit of an attitude and wonder if he could be a head case in the NFL. I think we would have to look at him in the 2nd round but I don't think he's worthy of our 10 pick.

Comment

Working...
              X