PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Polian fired in Indy.

Extremebillsfan247
01-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Hello Bills front office. lol A fan can wish anyway. News comes via Mortreport on twitter.

Luisito23
01-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Polian was great in Buffalo, but his best days have been long gone.

He did nothing in Carolina, and has been living off Manning ever since.

Well deserved firing in my opinion.

Philagape
01-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Tell him he can insult anyone's daughter he wants.

Extremebillsfan247
01-02-2012, 01:52 PM
This has major implications. Indy is cleaning house. Peyton could be available after all. They are all in on a fresh start with Andrew Luck, or so it appears. JMO

Marvelous
01-02-2012, 01:56 PM
He was great & left Butler in a great position. Too bad Butler(RIP) didn't return the favor for Donahoe..
--Tom Donahoe was the last excellent GM we've had.Dmn str8 he had his faults & his reign ended badly with the fan signs debacle and crap,, but he sure was nailing our drafts and FA's...
--IMO it's a crap shoot..Look @ Norv Turner still riding as a HC after scoring with JimmyJohnson cause o' Aikman & Emmitt & Irvins success. Norv just happened to be O-coord..Polian did a good job with us. Esp Getting us James Lofton & Bryce Paup. Did he score us Spielman? IMO Spielman still holds our tackle record. Which says alot since London Fletcer was a tackling BEAST..

--He & Caldwell deserve to be fired after they lose Peyton & the team shows it's garbage without 1 player.. Sheesh..I hope they stick with Peyton and load up by trading the Luck pick..Just made the draft interesting.. I hope the trade happens with 1 minute left on the clock.. :lol:

Extremebillsfan247
01-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Andrew Brandt on the Manning situation via twitter: Again, re Peyton: Colts have to exercise $28M option-or not-by 3/8 (before trading period begins 3/13). If not, he's a free agent.

ServoBillieves
01-02-2012, 02:00 PM
--Tom Donahoe was the last excellent GM we've had.Dmn str8 he had his faults & his reign ended badly with the fan signs debacle and crap,, but he sure was nailing our drafts and FA's...

... Are you serious? Literally, are you serious?

Extremebillsfan247
01-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Indy players that will be available during free agency are Saturday, Mathis, Wayne, and Garcon. They may not get resigned by Indy if the rebuild process is in effect. Any one of them would be solid additions to the Bills in my opinion.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I am shocked. Did anyone see this coming? Maybe a power play.... Polian wanting to to draft luck and putting his foot down and owner saying do it my way or highway and polian with his hard head saying go f yerself and owner saying your gone

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Or polian NOT wanting to draft luck and owner saying do it or else

Skooby
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
I'll take Luck or A healthy Manning, thank you.

better days
01-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I am shocked. Did anyone see this coming? Maybe a power play.... Polian wanting to to draft luck and putting his foot down and owner saying do it my way or highway and polian with his hard head saying go f yerself and owner saying your gone

Well, Polians SON was in charge of the last draft for Indy. I think Polian is about ready to retire & Indy wanted a better GM than his son.

better days
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
He was great & left Butler in a great position. Too bad Butler(RIP) didn't return the favor for Donahoe..
--IMO it's a crap shoot..Look @ Norv Turner still riding as a HC after scoring with JimmyJohnson cause o' Aikman & Emmitt & Irvins success. Norv just happened to be O-coord..Polian did a good job with us. Esp Getting us James Lofton & Bryce Paup. Did he score us Spielman? IMO Spielman still holds our tackle record. Which says alot since London Fletcer was a tackling BEAST..

--He & Caldwell deserve to be fired after they lose Peyton & the team shows it's garbage without 1 player.. Sheesh..I hope they stick with Peyton and load up by trading the Luck pick..Just made the draft interesting.. I hope the trade happens with 1 minute left on the clock.. :lol:

The one thing Donahoe can be faulted for is hiring of HC's. He sucked at that.

kishoph
01-02-2012, 03:07 PM
The hell with Polian, get Manning.

YardRat
01-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Tom Donahoe sucked.

better days
01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
The hell with Polian, get Manning.

I will be surprised if Peyton Manning ever plays again. I would LOVE to get Eli.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
01-02-2012, 03:27 PM

:nod: remember this

"Marv Levy is my coach! Jim Kelly is my quarterback! And if you don't like it, you can get out of town"!~ Bill Polian's answer to Artie baby booboo (Art Wander) after Art Wander asked him a question about Kelly.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't believe it. No, literally, I don't believe it WITHOUT A LINK. Twitter statuses are linkable.

YardRat
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't believe it. No, literally, I don't believe it WITHOUT A LINK. Twitter statuses are linkable.
It's all over NFLN and ESPN.

Turn on a TV you lazy bastard.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Busy watching hockey.

better days
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Profootballtalk.com is also reporting it if he does not have access to a TV. BOTH Polians are GONE from Indy.

Like I said before, Bill was likely ready to retire, his son ran the draft last year. The Irseys most likely wanted a BETTER GM than JR.

djjimkelly
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Polian was great in Buffalo, but his best days have been long gone.

He did nothing in Carolina, and has been living off Manning ever since.

Well deserved firing in my opinion.

he had carolina in nfc championship in their 2nd or 3rd year

djjimkelly
01-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Indy players that will be available during free agency are Saturday, Mathis, Wayne, and Garcon. They may not get resigned by Indy if the rebuild process is in effect. Any one of them would be solid additions to the Bills in my opinion.

pierre garcon would be on my wish list

better days
01-02-2012, 04:07 PM
pierre garcon would be on my wish list

The only Indy FA that is not OLD.

trapezeus
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
chris polian has been under fire all year in the indy press. bill polian should do what he does when he's fired from a perennial loser before he joined them. go to another perenial loser and make them a winner for 5-10 years.

buffalo should do it. but they won't. they don't even know they have a need for a new QB.

better days
01-02-2012, 04:21 PM
chris polian has been under fire all year in the indy press. bill polian should do what he does when he's fired from a perennial loser before he joined them. go to another perenial loser and make them a winner for 5-10 years.

buffalo should do it. but they won't. they don't even know they have a need for a new QB.

We all know how long Ralph can hold a grudge. That is the ONLY reason Lou Saban is not on the wall at the Stadium. SABAN BELONGS on the wall as the ONLY Bills HC to ever win a LEAGUE Championship.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2012, 04:32 PM

LOL
Classic

YardRat
01-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Interesting presser with Jim Irsay...said it was an 'intuitive' decision, and mentioned working with individual's 'deficiencies' about a half-dozen times.

Also, didn't exactly give Caldwell a vote of confidence...'He may very well be here next season..."

imbondz
01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
there's goes the Colts success for the next 15 years.

Mike13
01-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Outside of Manning, Edge, Harrison, Wayne, Saturday and maybe MAYBE Bob Sanders, Polian's draft record(in Indy) has been nothing special, and the fact that the Colts nearly went winless attests to the fact that he never truly built a team around Manning and failed to have a back up plan.

So five or six notable players in over a 10 year span is not impressive.

The Jokeman
01-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Outside of Manning, Edge, Harrison, Wayne, Saturday and maybe MAYBE Bob Sanders, Polian's draft record(in Indy) has been nothing special, and the fact that the Colts nearly went winless attests to the fact that he never truly built a team around Manning and failed to have a back up plan.
Dwight Freeney wasn't a bad pick. The fact is the Coltss counted too much on Peyton but then again he did start 208 straight games heading into the year. I can't blame them but it seems like the great teams of this era always have a down year or two and somehow end up with a guy like Flacco, Roethlisburger, Ryan etc. Now it appears the Colts in destined to get Luck. Only time will tell if the rest of the franchise is good enough for the QB. I'm not sure about the Colts just like I wasn't sure about the Falcons and Matt Ryan.

mightysimi
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM

Freeney too.

Not notable, all pro. I think any GM would take 5-6 perennial probowlers on their resume.

And although nothing is sure with Luck, it is brutal that the same team can hit the jackpot twice.

The Jokeman
01-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Freeney too.

Not notable, all pro. I think any GM would take 5-6 perennial probowlers on their resume.

And although nothing is sure with Luck, it is brutal that the same team can hit the jackpot twice.
Three times actually if Elway didn't ask to be traded.

YardRat
01-02-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm betting this is over Chris. Irsay wanted to go a different direction with GM, and Bill told him to go **** himself.

Mike13
01-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I forgot about Freeney, still Polian has not built a complete team since the 90s.

imbondz
01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Three times actually if Elway didn't ask to be traded.

lol. wow that is crazy true!

better days
01-02-2012, 09:58 PM

Well, it is kind of impressive when you consider how LOW the Colts have drafted since Mannings 2nd or 3rd year.

Beebe's Kid
01-02-2012, 10:26 PM

This is one of the best posts ever.

I think my favorite part is your "opinion" that Spielman still holds the "tackle record." That would be the same Spielman that came to Buffalo three years after Polian left.

I am sure that Indy will trade the pick. It really came back to haunt them last time they drafted the "sure thing" QB with the first pick. It is probably worth reloading and building towards that bright future with Manning. How old is he now...50?

"LOL"

Mike13
01-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Well, it is kind of impressive when you consider how LOW the Colts have drafted since Mannings 2nd or 3rd year.

Thats not an excuse for not building around the guy.

Spiderweb
01-03-2012, 01:45 PM
As much as I loved Speilman, he played behind one of the games greats at nose tackle. He had Big Ted when he was in his prime. Sadly we only had Speilman on the field for a year and a half.

better days
01-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Thats not an excuse for not building around the guy.

Well, they had no money to sign FAs because Peyton ate up such a large portion of the Colts cap space. If Manning REALLY wanted to WIN in Indy, he would have made his contract much more cap friendly for the Colts over the years.

Even NOW the Colts are hamstrung by Mannings contract. They either have to PAY him a boatload of money without knowing if he can even play, or let him walk. They have no option of trading him because of his contract.