• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Gash: I've come back to win a SuperBowl

"Anything is possible in this game," said Gash, who played for the Bills in 1998 and '99, their last playoff seasons. "I'm just happy they wanted to bring me back. It's on me to let them know they made the right decision. I'm going to get out here and work just as hard as the next man and know everything I need to, in order to be the best I can be."

"I've come back here to win a Super Bowl," he said, his words hitting like one of his blocks. "I had a great time in Baltimore, but as far as playing football, this is the place I enjoy the most. The fans make you feel very welcome. They're great up here and truly excited about football."

I'm licking my chops for the season.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I love having Gash back.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Well I am sure Gash or his agent heard how many fans want him back so the situation should be like Spikes where the fans give them extra energy.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

I've always liked Gash.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I'm excited about our redzone offense. Looks like we'll be punching our blockers through the opposing DL for a TD.

I remember Zach saying Gash was the hardest blocking HB he's faced. I hope Gash has enough in him to actually make Seau want to retire after the first game we meet the fins.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-01-2003, 08:05 AM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Way too much emphasis on Gash. Crosby will start ahead of Gash on offense. Gash is 34, hasn't done much at all the last few years, and was primarily a STs player. I think he may contribute much on STs, but I think his days as a primary blocking FB are behind him.

Having said that, he may be exactly what we need on STs! A huge impact STs player.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
              Way too much emphasis on Gash.
              That's because it's a Gash thread, wys. Start a Crosby thread and I'll say some nice things about him too.

No one is saying he's the savior, but you just have to bring out the negatives out of every player we have don't ya?

sacrifice1

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

Come red zone time, we'll see how old he is. Save him for the red zones and SPTs. I still believe, if used only out of nessesety, he can still be a force. Henry behind Gash. Gash Behing Williams.
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

• ryven
                  • Jan 2003

Gash will ruin many teams days.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I think GW or Gilbride will bring him out just soften up opposing teams' linebackers for Crosby and Henry.

I think Zach's health insurance just went up the day we signed Gash back.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan

That's because it's a Gash thread, wys. Start a Crosby thread and I'll say some nice things about him too.

No one is saying he's the savior, but you just have to bring out the negatives out of every player we have don't ya?

LOL

Not at all. I just notice that many seem to think he'll be some sort of huge factor for us on offense. Not just this thread, but past ones. I don't think at 34 and after 3 seasons of virtual non-use on O, that he's gonna be much for us at all on O. Again, I think he may be just what we've been missing on STs. Or didn't ya get that far in my post?

The players that are gonna make the difference this season for our team on an individual basis are:

Spikes
                      Pat Williams
                      Winfield
                      Clements
                      Henry
                      Moulds
                      the OL

The rest will contribute as part of the team. I know, I know, where's Drew? He contributed all right last year, but it was more to the opposing Ds than to our own offense. For him to "contribute individually", he'll have to put up more positive in the form of TDs in meaningful games than negative in the way INTs and FUMs in those same meaningful games. That's why he's not an individual impact player.

Of course, if you measure him by his positive big plays only and ignore everything else, I can see why everyone thinks he's all that.

As to Gash, again, if he makes an impact, it'll be on STs, which I can certainly see him making based on his STs play last year. But that's what he played last year, STs primarily. NOT FB. So for those folks looking for him to make an impact on O, they'll be disappointed IMO. I'll be looking for him to be a force on STs where we have a huge intensity and leadership issue!

What's so negative about that? I think he can do a LOT more for our STs than he could ever do for our O given the talent all around on O.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                        My IQ Test results came back negative
                        • Oct 2002

Gash is a GREAT blocker. with himm now i think TH will get 200 more yards off his blocks.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Actually, no! I see no negatives with many of the players on our team.

If Drew, Fletcher, Posey, Gash, Kelsay, Denney, Jones define "every player we have", then I'm guilty. I just look at the facts, truth, and reality.

For Drew, you and others see a QB who's perfect w/ tons of yards, attempts, and completions.

I see a QB who in 7 of our most meaningful 9 games put up only 9 TDs vice 18 personal TOs. You dismiss those TOs as not his fault, while I say they mattered more than the paltry 1 TD/game that he put up.

For Fletcher, you see a MLB who is among the best. I see a MLB backer who lacked E-W speed, got run over or "brushed aside" by the ball carrier too often for my own liking or the good of the team, and a highly overrated MLB.

For Posey, you see a LB who's all but a shoe-in to get more sacks this season than last. I see an OLB who still has to prove himself after posting only one even remotely solid season in 6 seasons played and on a completely different defense than he'll be playing on this year.

For Gash you see a FB who you think will contribute on O; I see a 34-year-old FB who's washed up as a FB and his contributions indicate as much in that department; nevertheless, I also see one who may help boost our STs back into prominence.

On Kelsay, you and others see a "bonafide first or second rounder"; I hear the same thing I heard about Denney being said about Kelsay. I read that Kelsay couldn't get around the best in college, yet, I'm supposed to assume he won't struggle v. pro OTs??

On Denney, you and others see what TD said he was last year. I see a bust! I see a former 2nd rounder who got the least playing time at a position for which we were sorely lacking anything more than below average starters. I also saw undrafted FAs getting more playing time than Denney! Why?

On Jones, I see a DE for which we were fed a lot of hype who is now being rumored to be considering retirement amidst no good news of his injury recovery! Apparently you and others see something different, eh.

Those are the players that I am not "all rosy" about and for the reasons stated. I could join the Ostrich Club, stick my fingers in my ears, and run around saying that all of those players are "the franchise", but that wouldn't change anything now, would it!

I have no problems w/ the rest of our team, and in fact may not have problems this season w/ Drew if he can not muff up the 8 of the 10 most important games on our schedule like he did last year.

I may have no problems w/ Fletcher if he doesn't consistently miss tackles and can move E-W like a decent MLB is supposed to be able to.

I may have no problems w/ Posey if he plays more like last year than all of his other 5 seasons combined.

Denney is a bust and I'll put that in writing. Kelsay will be nothing more than average on good days, and I'll put that in writing too. He'll have proven to be a wasted 2nd round pick when it all shakes out and I expect him to see about the same amount of playing time that Denney saw last year; no real starts and relief duty only as one of our weakest DEs on a team missing a starting DE. Jones will either retire or be cut due to health concerns IMO.

Gash I will say will help revamp the STs and make us proud there once again, but contribute hardly anything at all on O.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
                            Come red zone time, we'll see how old he is. Save him for the red zones and SPTs. I still believe, if used only out of nessesety, he can still be a force. Henry behind Gash. Gash Behing Williams.
                            Look for Crosby to fill that role. Crosby is 8 years younger and the same size! Crosby's the man this year in the FB role.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                              My IQ Test results came back negative
                              • Oct 2002

well said wys well said.....

Comment

Working...
                              X