PDA

View Full Version : when they Fire the whole staff....

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM
looking at the bucs firing the whole staff: just how far does that go? trainers and everyone? how far down do they consider laying the blame? Ball boys? janitors?
video technicians?
anyone have any idea?

trapezeus
01-02-2012, 04:21 PM
didn't the bills do this the last time after Jauron? then they hired back some of them, namely the midget trainer.

better days
01-02-2012, 06:35 PM
looking at the bucs firing the whole staff: just how far does that go? trainers and everyone? how far down do they consider laying the blame? Ball boys? janitors?
video technicians?
anyone have any idea?

They did not fire Mark Dominic the GM, but my understanding is everyone else is GONE. A total house cleaning.

Next year will be the first they no longer have to pay Gruden, so they should have some money to spend on a HC. They probably want him to have the ability to hire his own staff.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeh but how far down is that? All the way down to video techs? It's like when a new pres comes in he hires a whole new group but at some point you get down to careere staff that don't change with the administration.... How's it work in nfl?

tampabay25690
01-02-2012, 07:04 PM
well they tried the cheap way and that bit them in the ASS...........
Now they have to start fresh...

better days
01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
well they tried the cheap way and that bit them in the ASS...........
Now they have to start fresh...

I think it was PLANNED myself. They just did not want to spend ANY money while still paying Gruden & I know they have put a LOT of Money into Manchester United.

NOW is the time to spend some money on the Bucs & the fans will demand it or you can expect another season of blackouts. In fact, if the Glazers don't show a commitment to the Bucs this year I would expect even less people to go to the games.

Marvelous
01-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Kinda OT or forked but when we purged Dick Jaurans staff i was surprised and somewhat devastated to see us lose our special gem, Bobby April. I thought he was special..Is it available to public if this is/was The Ralphs doing or GM's?

-

Albany,n.y.
01-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Kinda OT or forked but when we purged Dick Jaurans staff i was surprised and somewhat devastated to see us lose our special gem, Bobby April. I thought he was special..Is it available to public if this is/was The Ralphs doing or GM's?

-
April wanted nothing more to do with the Bills because he felt he should have been named interim coach instead of Fewell. So after that, he had no intention of joining any new coach's staff. It was kind of a mutual thing with April wanting out & the Bills letting him go. If I had to put his release on anyone, I'd say April himself was most responsible. Here's how the story was reported at the time:

April had two years left on contract
Comments
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

Bobby April, one of the league's top special teams coaches, has exercised a clause in his contract that made him a free agent Tuesday.

"I didn't want to go through the whole ordeal," April said in a phone interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday as he cleaned out his office at the team's headquarters. "At this point, I just think it's time for me to move on."

April had two years remaining on his contract and was informed Monday by the Buffalo Bills that he and the other assistant coaches have the right to pursue other jobs as the organization searches for a new coach.

Since the midseason firing of Dick Jauron, April has been trying to decide what to do with the final years of his contract.

The contract gives him 14 days after the season to make a decision. Knowing he will be in demand, April decided to inform the team he was leaving. "It's time for me to move on," he said.

"This way, if someone was interested in me, I wanted to make my status clear," he added.

Also factoring into April's decision was a belief he no longer had a future with the Bills after Dick Jauron was fired in November. April also held the title of assistant head coach, and felt snubbed when the team promoted defensive coordinator Perry Fewell to finish the season as interim head coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4797796