PDA

View Full Version : The second significant coaching move...

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2012, 05:26 PM
...could have the greatest single 2012 impact as far as offense is concerned... HIRE A FULL TIME OC!!!!

Skooby
01-02-2012, 05:29 PM
How about a celebrity chef??

mrbojanglezs
01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
didn't gailey said he would give the calling duties to Modkins eventually?

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2012, 05:42 PM
didn't gailey said he would give the calling duties to Modkins eventually?My opinion... For this to have any positive affect at all... It can't be Modkins. Chan would never be able to resist meddling.

LVGrown
01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Modkins is a RB coach right? Hopefully he'd put more emphasis on the run game.

better days
01-02-2012, 06:25 PM
How about a celebrity chef??

Gordon Ramsey would whip these guys into shape. He was a Professional Football player after all before he became a Chef. But not American Football. he played his ball in England.

Skooby
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Gordon Ramsey would whip these guys into shape. He was a Professional Football player after all before he became a Chef. But not American Football. he played his ball in England.

You guys are so smart. The C.Chef crack had several meanings including how extravagent it would be for Buffalo to have an OC & obviously the G. Ramsey Football connotations, brilliant !!!

The Jokeman
01-02-2012, 07:35 PM
...could have the greatest single 2012 impact as far as offense is concerned... HIRE A FULL TIME OC!!!!
It's a good thought but are any of Chan's former minions available? As I can't see us bringing in any "name" guys.

YardRat
01-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Biggest failure of Gailey's right from the word go...his decisions on the coordinators.

The Jokeman
01-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Biggest failure of Gailey's right from the word go...his decisions on the coordinators.
I won't dimiss Modkins, as even though he's not a real OC in the fullest extent think he and Chan's done well at producing at the level they have on offense. I mean the only guy that's elite talent there is CJ. On defense I think Edwards was a bad pick from the start based on history in Washington and was never in favor for the switch to a 3-4. I know it's retrospect but looking back the best decision we might have made in 2010 was keeing Fewell as HC/DC and hired Chan as OC, assuming he'd take the position. As Fewell was a Fitz guy so we might not have wasted some of the starts with Edwards in 2010 but who knows then maybe Fitz and Stevie would have never developed their chemistry.

Beebe's Kid
01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
I would be happy with 2 or 3 WR's, and a few wild ****ing animals on defense. Chan was doing fine calling the offense until the injuries started to pile up, and we had our 3rd string QB as our #2 WR.

Of course I was disappointed by the end of the year, but we looked pretty good until we got banged up. With the new CBA, there will be a real FA class for the first time in two years...I know, I know, that didn't change anything, Ralph is cheap, Buddy is dumb etc...but if we could grab a few NFL players on both sides of the ball, I think we're on the right track. It's not like this team is getting old...unless you are really stretching for things to complain about.