• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fitzpatrick'sbeard
    Veteran Zoner
    • Aug 2011

WGR550 big announcement planned for tomorrow at studios

Brian Koziol who is host of the Sabres Post game show just before the end of the Post Game hinted that there's going to be a big announcement tomorrow at the WGR550 studios so be shure to tune in. Wouldn't say what it's all about. I was hoping that Bull Frog and Soap were getting fired.

The Buffalo Bills and Entercom Communications are expected to announce that the team's radio broadcasts will return to WGR 550.

After Cumulus Media announced Monday that it was out of the bidding for the Bills' radio rights, Entercom seemed like the logical place for the games to land. Entercom owns WGR -- the all-sports station that also carries Buffalo Sabres games -- along with WBEN, KISS 98.5, Star 102.5 FM, WKBW 1520 and AM 1400.

Broadcasting sources confirmed Tuesday that WGR will carry the Bills in 2012. The announcement may come as soon as Wednesday.
    Last edited by Fitzpatrick'sbeard; 01-03-2012, 11:53 PM.
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: WGR550 big announcement planned for tomorrow

ya....its obvious they got the bills games.....

Bet everyone can't wait to hear schopp do the play by play HAHAHAHA

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Re: WGR550 big announcement planned for tomorrow at studios

WGR will no doubt hire John Murphy and Mark Kelso to do their broadcasts. They are not a bad radio duo for a small market. Kelso isn't the most exciting radio personality, but he gives some pretty good insights sometimes.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

will WHAM still have the rochester market?
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Why so Serious?
          will WHAM still have the rochester market?
          Nope...WHAM dropped out yesterday. It's going to be on one of the Entercom Rochester stations...I'm guessing either WCMF or WROC 950AM.
          Last edited by Michael82; 01-04-2012, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Michael82
            Nope...WHAM dropped out yesterday. It's going to be on one of the Entercom Rochester stations...I'm guessing either WCMF or WROC 950AM.

i miss 1180 with van miller...i guess nothing else will feel right ever!

good old van

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2010

kelso, i always remember him getting smashed by ottis anderson with that forearm in superbowl 25

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

Crap! I guess I won't be listening to games on my Iheartradio app anymore

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                    Will not tolerate vandalism.
                    • Apr 2006

You're probably right, although WHAM wasn't one of the stations covered under the Cumulus agreement so they may not be out of the running yet (they were listed in the PR writeup, but that was a mistake-- they're not a Cumulus station). It depends on what some of the other markets do.

If Clear Channel puts the games on their stations in Syracuse and Binghamton, there's a realistic shot that WHAM (also a Clear Channel station) stays in the Bills network.

If not (for instance, if Galaxy Communications, which has a sports station in the Syracuse market, picks up the Bills games), then it will probably stick with Entercom, likely WCMF because of its much better signal than that little stick they call WROC.

Comment

• Cleve
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by mikemac2001

good old van
                      Yep, I miss Van - he was the VOICE of Bills. Now we get Kelso going "Murph Murph Murph Murph Murph" like he's in love with him or something. LOL I don't even like listening to the game on the radio - I'll just DVR it and get highlights on my cellphone if I can't be home to watch rather than endure the radio-cast.
                      Last edited by Cleve; 01-04-2012, 08:00 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001

good old van
                        Van was great but age just caught up with him. Toward the end of his career, he was so confused that he was calling players by the name of the guy who wore the same number 5-10 years earlier. I think he even referred to Moulds as Lofton one time. His brain apparently never left the early 90's.

If only the team was so lucky....
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• doug45
                          • Jul 2002

Wham is in big trouble these days , just last week they dropped some of the most popular expensive national shows for cheaper local ones and now the Bills. What a fall from the top. This is what happens when out of town money people buy things they have no idea about!!

Comment

• Cleve
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by doug45
                            Wham is in big trouble these days , just last week they dropped some of the most popular expensive national shows for cheaper local ones and now the Bills. What a fall from the top. This is what happens when out of town money people buy things they have no idea about!!
                            What shows did WHAM drop now? Their morning show sort of went down the tubes when they canned Beth Adams - now it's just Chet Walker - kind of boring.

I think of it as the Mormon Station anyways once the morning news show ends - 5 or 6 hours in a row of veiled Mormonism - first Glenn Beck, then Bob Loonsberry. Can't they sandwich a Presbyterian in there somewhere? LOL Needless to say, I stopped listening a long time ago to WHAM in the morning and daytime - listen to Bob Mathews at 6 when I'm driving - that's about it.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• THRILLHO
                              This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Cleve
                              What shows did WHAM drop now? Their morning show sort of went down the tubes when they canned Beth Adams - now it's just Chet Walker - kind of boring.

I think of it as the Mormon Station anyways once the morning news show ends - 5 or 6 hours in a row of veiled Mormonism - first Glenn Beck, then Bob Loonsberry. Can't they sandwich a Presbyterian in there somewhere? LOL Needless to say, I stopped listening a long time ago to WHAM in the morning and daytime - listen to Bob Mathews at 6 when I'm driving - that's about it.
                              Why'd they fire her? I remember listening intently every morning to hear if my school was closed.
                              True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X