PDA

View Full Version : 7 round Bills mock draft

tampabay25690
01-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Guys happen to get this off a site but I think some of you may like it.

1. Courtney Upshaw OLB/DE, Alabama

2. Ryan Tannehill QB, Texas A@M

3. Brian Quick WR, App St

4. Levy Adcock OT, OK ST

4. Emmanuel Acho ILB, Texas

5. Jacquies Smith OLB, Mizzou

6. Casey Hayward CB, Vandy

7. Jermaine Kearse WR, Washington

DraftBoy
01-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I can tell you one thing for sure Casey Hayward is going to be a top 60 pick as of now. He's skyrocketing right now.

tampabay25690
01-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I can tell you one thing for sure Casey Hayward is going to be a top 60 pick as of now. He's skyrocketing right now.

Yes probably gone by end of 2nd..

tampabay25690
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM
DB I think u said a while back u liked Brian Quick...
Dont really follow APP ST much, what do u think.
Great size I see...

Ed
01-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Well with a name like Quick he must be pretty fast.

DraftBoy
01-04-2012, 09:56 PM
DB I think u said a while back u liked Brian Quick...
Dont really follow APP ST much, what do u think.
Great size I see...

His stock is going to hinge and how fast he runs, if he's under 4.6 he's a top 100 pick if he's over he's a 4th-5th rounder.

He's my #1 Small School prospect on my top 100 Small School Big Board.

DraftBoy
01-04-2012, 09:56 PM

Ha! Not really but he's a big boy, 6'5, 220 lbs and I hope runs around 4.55

djjimkelly
01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
isnt tannehill 28 i doubt we draft that old a qb

Ed
01-04-2012, 10:15 PM
I think you're thinking of the guy from Oklahoma St.

cookie G
01-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Upshaw makes any team that drafts him better. I don't have a problem with him making the Bills better.

not a fan of Tannehill...I really didn't like A and M's 2nd half collapses this season.

I was really hoping we would have taken Sam Acho last year when he was available in the 4th. Little brother in the 4th wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

At minimum, Adcock provides depth on both sides. I expect Hairston to be the RT of the future. I'm not sure about him at guard. I don't usually like 6'6" guards, and he probably hasn't played in the 3 point stance since NE OKlahoma St. Tech A and Am.

All in all, not a bad draft.

cookie G
01-04-2012, 10:31 PM

that's Brandon Weeden of Oklahoma St. you're thinking about.

tampabay25690
01-05-2012, 07:20 AM
All and all I think this was 1 of the better drafts I have seen.
DB was right on Quick big kid depends what he runs in his 40....
I luv Upshaw would be a nice fill in from day 1...

DraftBoy
01-05-2012, 07:31 AM
All and all I think this was 1 of the better drafts I have seen.
DB was right on Quick big kid depends what he runs in his 40....
I luv Upshaw would be a nice fill in from day 1...

My only issue with Upshaw is that if we go to a 43 and based on whispers and rumors we will, then Upshaw fits nowhere on this defense.

k-oneputt
01-05-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm not a fan of Tannehill either, at least in rd.2.

ServoBillieves
01-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Quick is god for the system. With his size and routes he'd be a good #3

Ed
01-05-2012, 10:29 AM
My only issue with Upshaw is that if we go to a 43 and based on whispers and rumors we will, then Upshaw fits nowhere on this defense.
I've read on some draft sites that Upshaw could play DE in a 4-3, but I would think there would be better options. Once it becomes official that we're moving back to a 4-3, I think that takes Upshaw out of the equation.

TigerJ
01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
I like Tannehill. The issue with Tannehill is he is new to the position of QB. That means he is going to make judgment errors from time to time just because of his inexperience. He's got good size, and athleticism having switched from WR. He's also got a great arm and when he uses good mechanics he's very accurate. I am figuring that Fitz starts the 2012 season so whomever the Bills might acquire as a QB this offseason is going to sit for a while anyway. I think this might be an ideal situation for Tannehill to come to. He can sit behind Fitzpatrick and learn without the pressure to start.

DraftBoy
01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
I've read on some draft sites that Upshaw could play DE in a 4-3, but I would think there would be better options. Once it becomes official that we're moving back to a 4-3, I think that takes Upshaw out of the equation.

He can do it sure but its not where he will be most effective. He's just not very good at getting off blocks.

SabreEleven
01-05-2012, 11:16 AM

But can he make things happen like Levitre does?

stuckincincy
01-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I like Tannehill. The issue with Tannehill is he is new to the position of QB. That means he is going to make judgment errors from time to time just because of his inexperience. He's got good size, and athleticism having switched from WR. He's also got a great arm and when he uses good mechanics he's very accurate. I am figuring that Fitz starts the 2012 season so whomever the Bills might acquire as a QB this offseason is going to sit for a while anyway. I think this might be an ideal situation for Tannehill to come to. He can sit behind Fitzpatrick and learn without the pressure to start.

I wonder about where he'll be drafted. Some draft sites intimate he's a solid, albeit latter, 1st-rounder.

justasportsfan
01-05-2012, 11:37 AM

4. Levy Adcock OT, OK ST

Adcock to replace Wang.

tampabay25690
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Come on DB you mean to tell me Upshaw wouldnt fit in any defense??
If we go strictly 4-3 I could see us not taking him maybe then going after #1 CB kirkpatrick or a DE.....

YardRat
01-05-2012, 05:04 PM
You should post a link and give the original a little credit....

Marvelous
01-05-2012, 11:03 PM

4. Levy Adcock OT, OK ST

Hey bro, i don't reckognize a single name because i am only just now(this-week) learning who's who. As i do every offseason about future rooks..So i just wanna comment based on positions. Lets assume these players fit the scheme & have great upside yadda,yadda...
---DE-or pass rushing OLB--Love the positions. And i think if the player is worthy it is a great position. My only question is ~Is pass-rusher more pressing then LT? I don't know and call it a push & would go with best player @ DE/OLD & Tackle..I trust you Tampa dude & that the DE/OLB is better then the available LT prospects. If so then A+ Bro!

----QB--No way! Last 2nd rounder was Todd Collins & The cover of Shout newspaper was "In Todd We Trust" That's where i got that saying from. I assume it's origins are elsewhere though lol...Bad pick. I don't care who the talented QB is.
-But Lets assume this move and taking a QB is popular with all Fitz doubters &/or haters. Well FACT, this kid will-not & can-not beat out Fitz for starting job this coming season, nor the next season..The 3rd season he would have a chance if Fitz poops..But that's unlikely because Fitz is pretty good. And im not even a Fitz fan. Juts a Bills fan who knows he's good & poops when he is alone on a talent level..Worst WR season ive ever seen as a Bills fan..UDFA's galor & other teams fodder etc. Led by a selfish turd who needs attention..
--So why draft a QB with a very high pick when we desperately need a Tackle and numerous skilled positions. Look @ The quality of teh position we drafted in 2nd last year /w the physical CB. He started this season. QB is a terrible pick & i'll try not to be discouraged by a polluted mentality for a mock draft(no-pun) --F--

--3rd rounder--WR-- I'm ok with the pick as long as(see above,,as long as he's that much better then the best Tackle prospect on the board. Which i doubt very much. But You got tackle next round so this could be a good pick,,esp if we don't resign the insecure WR.. But our WR hopes next season ARE-NOT on rookie WR's. They are on what we have,,who develops & esp FA..-B+

---4th rounder--OT--Good pick- BUt if this mock we're real, i'd hope we sign atleast TWO capable tackles in FreeAgency.. TampaBillsFan, Do you see our Tackle,LT situation & the next season LT/Tackle situation as casual as 4th round addressing? I don't. Tackles & lineman in general are always important, well rewarded picks..ESP outta the top 10. Cause Mike WIlliams flopped. But Ruben didn't, eh.. IMO This draft class of Tackles & Guards we draft are our starters last next season & starters the season after.. Lineman are important..Only good teams//playoof teams can afford to dance around & draft non-skilled positions. Like all the TEs NE drafts.. They can easily afford to skip LB,or T. WHataya know, to kill my point, they draft a HOF TE and a proBowl calaber TE later in draft..goodgod! But Tackle needs to be addressed before 4th round. Unless you take another Tackle in 4th or 5th..You didn't. so ---C--

-The rest looks good. except for what i said anbout lineman. I hope we have a good offseason in free agency with Guards & Tackles.. BuT every team covets FA GuARDS & Tackles... Thanks for the Mock..

tampabay25690
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
You should post a link and give the original a little credit....

ok maybe next time

tampabay25690
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey bro, i don't reckognize a single name because i am only just now(this-week) learning who's who. As i do every offseason about future rooks..So i just wanna comment based on positions. Lets assume these players fit the scheme & have great upside yadda,yadda...
---DE-or pass rushing OLB--Love the positions. And i think if the player is worthy it is a great position. My only question is ~Is pass-rusher more pressing then LT? I don't know and call it a push & would go with best player @ DE/OLD & Tackle..I trust you Tampa dude & that the DE/OLB is better then the available LT prospects. If so then A+ Bro!

----QB--No way! Last 2nd rounder was Todd Collins & The cover of Shout newspaper was "In Todd We Trust" That's where i got that saying from. I assume it's origins are elsewhere though lol...Bad pick. I don't care who the talented QB is.
-But Lets assume this move and taking a QB is popular with all Fitz doubters &/or haters. Well FACT, this kid will-not & can-not beat out Fitz for starting job this coming season, nor the next season..The 3rd season he would have a chance if Fitz poops..But that's unlikely because Fitz is pretty good. And im not even a Fitz fan. Juts a Bills fan who knows he's good & poops when he is alone on a talent level..Worst WR season ive ever seen as a Bills fan..UDFA's galor & other teams fodder etc. Led by a selfish turd who needs attention..
--So why draft a QB with a very high pick when we desperately need a Tackle and numerous skilled positions. Look @ The quality of teh position we drafted in 2nd last year /w the physical CB. He started this season. QB is a terrible pick & i'll try not to be discouraged by a polluted mentality for a mock draft(no-pun) --F--

--3rd rounder--WR-- I'm ok with the pick as long as(see above,,as long as he's that much better then the best Tackle prospect on the board. Which i doubt very much. But You got tackle next round so this could be a good pick,,esp if we don't resign the insecure WR.. But our WR hopes next season ARE-NOT on rookie WR's. They are on what we have,,who develops & esp FA..-B+

---4th rounder--OT--Good pick- BUt if this mock we're real, i'd hope we sign atleast TWO capable tackles in FreeAgency.. TampaBillsFan, Do you see our Tackle,LT situation & the next season LT/Tackle situation as casual as 4th round addressing? I don't. Tackles & lineman in general are always important, well rewarded picks..ESP outta the top 10. Cause Mike WIlliams flopped. But Ruben didn't, eh.. IMO This draft class of Tackles & Guards we draft are our starters last next season & starters the season after.. Lineman are important..Only good teams//playoof teams can afford to dance around & draft non-skilled positions. Like all the TEs NE drafts.. They can easily afford to skip LB,or T. WHataya know, to kill my point, they draft a HOF TE and a proBowl calaber TE later in draft..goodgod! But Tackle needs to be addressed before 4th round. Unless you take another Tackle in 4th or 5th..You didn't. so ---C--

-The rest looks good. except for what i said anbout lineman. I hope we have a good offseason in free agency with Guards & Tackles.. BuT every team covets FA GuARDS & Tackles... Thanks for the Mock..

Marv its not my mock I just posted from rivals........
I agree with some

Marvelous
01-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Marv its not my mock I just posted from rivals........
I agree with some

BAH!
--Sorry man,, i was harsh & brutaly honest because when the draft & free agency comes about, all The Madden GM's forget that Buddy Nix isn't the clever draft day traded that BB is(too-bad!),,And Free AGents will ONLY come here if we over pay & we woulnt even overpay our own guys..With that i was thinking of how awful the taste in my,,err never liked that sayin,,,How disturbing it was that we didn't PONY UP & PAY OUR OWN CREATION IN Jason Peters. YEAH Yeah, i saw some posters doing super-searches o' eagle games for Peters mistakes so they can feel better bout it,,But all LT's not Hall O' Famers get veat,,,ESP By Hall Of Fame pass rushers..Even Walter Jones & Orlando Pace & Ogden & John Fina got beat sometimes.. IMO Peters musta been a shrewd A-hole behind teh scenes to let the most coveted postion for success in todays game just leave. I know we got The Louisville Center for him w/ 27th pick,, but As much as i like Wood, i like allpro LT's better then centers 24/7

---Tampa,,Can you be more precise with my comments on the mock you re-posted :D ? Thx

---OT--Does Control & enter no longer "POST/SUBMIT" the thread? i always do that as a quicky way o' posting after typing is complete because the "submit reply button is off-screen on my laptop...Is there a KEY to submit? sorry bout the OT-ing

Bert102176
01-07-2012, 12:20 AM
sorry but not a fan of that draft with our 1st pick I would go Malcom Floyd or Riley reif or trent richardson

tampabay25690
01-07-2012, 05:45 AM
sorry but not a fan of that draft with our 1st pick I would go Malcom Floyd or Riley reif or trent richardson

I like Micahel Floyd alot I think that is a huge need as well.....
Trent Richardson makes no sense at all....Sorry