PDA

View Full Version : Sabres' Myers, Ennis, Leino Could Return by Weekend

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
01-04-2012, 10:16 PM
The Sabres are getting very close to being fully healthy.

"We've got a lot of good news coming," said head coach Lindy Ruff after a long practice on Wednesday. Tyler Myers, Tyler Ennis and Ville Leino all could return by the weekend according to Ruff. The one who may be closest is the man synonymous with the future of the Sabres' orginization: Tyler Myers.

"He got the green light yesterday. I think he, mentally put him in a good place," the head coach said. "The day before, he wasn't shooting the puck like that. I think tentative in the sense that he didn't know if it was completely healed or not. I think he gave it a real good test today. There's obviously a possibility he could go."

The biggest hurdle for Myers has been shooting the puck and putting trust in his wrist to put all his weight behind a big blast. Ruff said he liked what he saw.

"I'm telling you, his shot actually today when you watched was actually pretty impressive," he said. "I think a little bit of the quickness is missing. But overall, I thought there wasn't a lot of difference. I don't think there'd be any hesitation. The doctors have given him the green light, said it's completely healed, and if he has a good practice tomorrow and says he's ready to go, I don't see any reason that we wouldn't put him back in."

The next two that could be closing in on a return to action are Ennis and Leino. Both men skated in full on Wednesday with the team. Leino told reporters he's circling a return by either Saturday or Tuesday, while Ennis could be back to action this weekend as well. Both players skated very well during the Wednesday session.

http://wgr550.com/Sabres--Myers--Ennis--Leino-Could-Return-by-Weeken/11904627

OpIv37
01-04-2012, 10:38 PM
praise Jebus

Crisis
01-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Team's record without Myers is pathetic

Night Train
01-05-2012, 04:25 AM
I've never seen a team in my life so destroyed by injuries. Seems every game, someone was " out indefinitely with an upper body injury ".

If this was the Bills forum, we'd be still yelling about the loss of trainer Rusty Jones.

Time for a small winning streak...like 2 games.

jamze132
01-05-2012, 06:26 AM
What we need to do rather quickly is get on a good little run so Ted Black won't be so wishy washy about going after some trades to make us better for the stretch.

SabreEleven
01-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Now the excuses for not hustling or playing hard are gone.

OpIv37
01-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Team's record without Myers is pathetic

It's strange because Myers was playing like crap, but clearly the team was far better with him than without him.

I still think Leino is a waste of space, but getting Myers and Ennis back should help us win some of these close games.

THATHURMANATOR
01-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Leino is still better than Ellis or guys like that. Glad we are getting some reinforcements.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
01-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I've never seen a team in my life so destroyed by injuries. Seems every game, someone was " out indefinitely with an upper body injury ".

If this was the Bills forum, we'd be still yelling about the loss of trainer Rusty Jones.

Time for a small winning streak...like 2 games.

@Hurricanes
Jets
@ Maple Leafs
Maple Leafs
@ Islanders

SkateZilla
01-05-2012, 07:20 PM
4 or 5 is possible with that sched... as long as everyone coming back is in the mood to play and not coast.

SkateZilla
01-05-2012, 07:21 PM
leino needs to pick it up, he's being out scored by Connolly of all people.

Mski
01-06-2012, 10:56 AM
looks like ennis is gonna be out a while longer, he suffered a "setback" at practice yesterday

OpIv37
01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
looks like ennis is gonna be out a while longer, he suffered a "setback" at practice yesterday

This is surprising.

Not the setback, but the fact that the team actually practices. Based on how they play, you'd think they haven't had a practice since September.

DrGraves
01-06-2012, 11:35 AM
looks like myers and leino still not playing tonight.

Mski
01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
looks like myers and leino still not playing tonight.
looks like you need to find a better sabres source... paul hamilton tweeted myers is in tonight, brennan and mccormick will sit

SabreEleven
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
He should have check with Fitzpatrick's Beard first.

DrGraves
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
looks like you need to find a better sabres source... paul hamilton tweeted myers is in tonight, brennan and mccormick will sit

i guess sabres.com isn't very accurate lol. that what i read in the preview section of tonights game.

SkateZilla
01-06-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=5416

And we might be getting the Mean, plays out of his mind Myers we miss so much.

The 21-year-old defenseman said he's focused on physical play as a key part of making his return successful.

"I think a lot of it is the mental side of the game," Myers said. "When I play physical, it gets me into the game more. It's hard to specify, but now that I've figured out that it does happen, I need to do it every night."

SabreEleven
01-06-2012, 01:54 PM
i guess sabres.com isn't very accurate lol. that what i read in the preview section of tonights game.

The page says "Myers is set to make his return to action tonight"