PDA

View Full Version : Ducks GM puts ‘for sale’ signs on everyone but Selanne, Koivu

SabreEleven
01-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Maybe it's a motivation technique. Maybe he really doesn't mean everyone save for two players are available.Or, perhaps, Anaheim Ducks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/ana/) GM Bob Murray has actually placed nearly his entire roster on the auction block this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Ducks-GM-puts-8216-for-sale-8217-signs-on-ev;_ylt=AjAauENHHN3TTs7fpjP4xJl7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp21628

Come on, Darcy, time to earn your paycheck and convince the Ducks that Roy, Stafford and Gaustad are good hockey players. Maybe those 3 for Getzlaff or Ryan....

OpIv37
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Anaheim is the 2nd worst team in the league.

Would trading our crap for their crap really help?

Mski
01-05-2012, 11:08 AM
yes for the two :assclown: mentioned

Mski
01-05-2012, 11:09 AM
i would even throw miller in there too, let him be closer to his wife, and get hiller back for him

SabreEleven
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Anaheim is the 2nd worst team in the league.

Would trading our crap for their crap really help?

IMO, thier crap is a lot better than the crap we have here. Sometimes a change of scenery will do wonders for a hockey player.

OpIv37
01-05-2012, 11:13 AM
btw if we traded Roy and Gaustad we'd need 2 centers back.

I just checked their stats. Ryan is on pace for his usual 30+ goals but Getzlaf is on pace to be way below his career averages for goals and assists.

Philagape
01-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Getzlaf's cap hit is $5.325 and is signed thru next season. I'd give them Roy and Stafford for Getzlaf in a heartbeat. They need a feeder center desperately.

Philagape
01-05-2012, 11:18 AM
At least their crap has won a Cup before.

G Wolly
01-05-2012, 12:18 PM
At least their crap has won a Cup before.

Because apparently their FO knows when to shop their players to get better.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
01-05-2012, 03:12 PM
that's weird, because Bob Murray said after he fired Randy Carlyle that he told Ryan that the Ducks weren't trading him.

Bobby Ryan is off the block

Bobby Ryan appears to be staying put.

Ducks GM Bob Murray, a day after firing head coach Randy Carlyle, told Ryan that he's off the trading block, according to Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos.

Also resolved, according to Kypreos: Ryan no longer wants to be moved.

"Bob (Murray) told me things should settle down now for the time being," Ryan told reporters on Thursday, according to TSN.ca's James Duthie. I'm looking forward to pressing restart on this season."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2011-12-01/report-ducks-pull-bobby-ryan-off-trade-market-rangers-flyers#ixzz1icWIuJ95

I would love to see Ryan in a Sabres uniform! I have him on my fantasy hockey team!

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Maybe it's a motivation technique. Maybe he really doesn't mean everyone save for two players are available.Or, perhaps, Anaheim Ducks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/ana/) GM Bob Murray has actually placed nearly his entire roster on the auction block this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Ducks-GM-puts-8216-for-sale-8217-signs-on-ev;_ylt=AjAauENHHN3TTs7fpjP4xJl7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp21628

Come on, Darcy, time to earn your paycheck and convince the Ducks that Roy, Stafford and Gaustad are good hockey players. Maybe those 3 for Getzlaff or Ryan....

according to Brian Burke teams don't like to deal with Darcy

Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke, in an interview earlier this season with The Score, said Regier speaks a different language when talking trades. It sounded similar to what various NHL executives have told me for many years. Regier is a nice guy, they say, but people are reluctant to deal with him because it's not worth the aggravation.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article694091.ece

SabreEleven
01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I believe this. Darcy won't pull the trigger on a deal unless he is totally raping a team. Teams are probably done with dealing with him.

SabreEleven
01-05-2012, 05:37 PM
http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/50901825/300.jpg

Crisis
01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Getzlaf would probably require one of Myers or Vanek and more.... Don't want to ship Myers, and trading Vanek kind of defeats the purpose of getting Getzlaf.

I would do a trade with Roy+Ennis+picks/prospects in a second for him.

Philagape
01-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Getzlaf would probably require one of Myers or Vanek and more.... Don't want to ship Myers, and trading Vanek kind of defeats the purpose of getting Getzlaf.

Yup, it's time to win now. Give them any picks they want.

SkateZilla
01-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I believe this. Darcy won't pull the trigger on a deal unless he is totally raping a team. Teams are probably done with dealing with him.

7 out of 10 times he's raping our own team.

DMBcrew36
01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
I'd rather have Perry than anyone -- he has more grit.

Mski
01-06-2012, 10:03 AM

i think the three untouchables are vanek meyers and mcnabb</p>
trade miller, roy, and stafford, tropp... for hiller getzlaf and ryan

SkateZilla
01-06-2012, 10:08 AM
we are already a one line team anyway, so.

Send them everyone, and just play Vanek-Ryan-PominVille all game every game :p

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM
For Mike Richards, the cost was a top prospect, an up and coming player, and a draft pick. For Jeff Carter it was the 8th pick in the draft and a good/average player.

Mski
01-06-2012, 03:33 PM
im pretty sure Anahiem doesnt want picks, they would likely want ready to play guys, and seeing as we're close to the salary cap, any move we make would have to be at minium at par on salaries... if not having to get anahiem to eat some of ours

OpIv37
01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
We have a lot of ready to play guys that should be traded- the problem is that no one else wants our ****ing trash.

Crisis
01-06-2012, 05:52 PM
i think the three untouchables are vanek meyers and mcnabb</p>
trade miller, roy, and stafford, tropp... for hiller getzlaf and ryan

the value in that deal is not even close.

Skooby
01-08-2012, 07:12 AM
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Source-Derek-Roy-Key-in-Anaheim-Blockbuster/1/41147

hmm...

OpIv37
01-17-2012, 10:57 AM
The first obvious turning point in this season was when Miller got hit.

Does anyone else see this as a 2nd turning point?

An opportunity was there to make a deal. The Sabres did nothing. They are 1-4-1 since this story broke. Deciding to go with the status quo sunk whatever little chance there was to salvage the season.

I'd love to know if Darcy even had a conversation with the Ducks, and if he did, what was said.

trapezeus
01-17-2012, 11:14 AM
i'd rather have it this way to be honest, OP.

I don't want the sabres moving talented and promising picks for people who could be rentals or players that are going to just push us to the 8th spot. this season is a wash now. Might as well move the broken pieces at firesale prices and get a shot at a top prospect in a top 5 pick. Then couple it with guys who want to work and don't have to deal with the entitled babies on this team.

If this team had heart and just needed a player to have chemistry with, then yeah, they missed their opportunity. but this team is really far behind where they think it is.

OpIv37
01-17-2012, 11:16 AM
i'd rather have it this way to be honest, OP.

I don't want the sabres moving talented and promising picks for people who could be rentals or players that are going to just push us to the 8th spot. this season is a wash now. Might as well move the broken pieces at firesale prices and get a shot at a top prospect in a top 5 pick. Then couple it with guys who want to work and don't have to deal with the entitled babies on this team.

If this team had heart and just needed a player to have chemistry with, then yeah, they missed their opportunity. but this team is really far behind where they think it is.

The Ducks were talking player for player though. Imagine if we could have moved Stafford and/or Roy and added some guys from Anaheim in a move that was relatively cap-neutral. Best case scenario: the change of scenery and the addition of the players helps and we get to make a run at it. Worst-case scenario: the new guys are just like the old guys and we're in the same situation, only with players that Darcy isn't married to.

trapezeus
01-17-2012, 11:27 AM
yeah, but there were talks that the ducks were looking for myers or prospects that we don't know enough about.

I don't trust darcy, but i can't imagine they were like, "we want roy and here is getzlaf." i trust that any of the names we'd want, would have a piece or two that would make us nervous to miss out on.

knowing what we know as of today, i'd rather just give away stafford and roy for a pick and a prospect we know nothing about than having them in packages where a mcnabb or kassian is sent out.

Kassian, in the little i've seen, is the man. ruff is slowly killing his style of play. i would hate to lose kassian. whether he amounts to nothing in buffalo with ruff is better than watching him blossom into a skilled bertuzzi type player.