• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

PFF: All-Pro Team

Pro Football Focus has just completes its 5000 hours of tape study and released its All-Pro team.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

One Bills player makes the list as FS Jarius Byrd made the 2nd team. Former Bills LT Jason Peters was 1st team.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: PFF: All-Pro Team

Freddy was also mentioned.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

Here come the metric bashers.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

Where does one find individual stats for offensive linemen? NFL.com does not have them. Football Outsiders has stats for O-lines as a unit, not individual players

Ironically the Bills O-line grades significantly better than the Eagles in both pass and run blocking. You would think that having god's gift to the left tackle position would help your team more.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by JCBills
          Here come the metric bashers.
          No real problem with their choices and there is no doubt they put a lot of work into it.

My only real problem with PFF is they do this by watching the televised copy of games. How can you get accurate metrics from TV? They rarely show the whole field, just following the ball. There has to be a pretty big margin of error.

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
            Where does one find individual stats for offensive linemen? NFL.com does not have them. Football Outsiders has stats for O-lines as a unit, not individual players

Ironically the Bills O-line grades significantly better than the Eagles in both pass and run blocking. You would think that having god's gift to the left tackle position would help your team more.

PTR
            PFF used to have metric grades for every position. Now it costs money.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Pro Football Focus has just completes its 5000 hours of tape study and released its All-Pro team.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

One Bills player makes the list as FS Jarius Byrd made the 2nd team. Former Bills LT Jason Peters was 1st team.
              Never any love for LT Andrew Whitworth...
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                No real problem with their choices and there is no doubt they put a lot of work into it.

My only real problem with PFF is they do this by watching the televised copy of games. How can you get accurate metrics from TV? They rarely show the whole field, just following the ball. There has to be a pretty big margin of error.
                Bingo, that and in the end metrics are still just stats, and if you pound at them enough you can make a stat tell you anything you want.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• JCBills
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Bingo, that and in the end metrics are still just stats, and if you pound at them enough you can make a stat tell you anything you want.
                  In the sense of single statistics, yes, but that is why they are compiled. Is it 100% accurate? No way. Pretty damn close though. A lot of it is based on assuming a decent amount, like assignments, but after hours and hours of film, tendencies stick out.
                  Last edited by JCBills; 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

The problem with football stats is that there are no good stats, by good I mean defining. No one stat can be descriptive enough, not with football. PFF is totally subjective.

Baseball is another story entirely, all you need is stats and scouts are antiquated .

Still, I commend what PFF tries to do, and would put more stock in their findings if they had all 22 video.

They were really high on Levitre and he probably would've made it if it wasn't for the switch to LT/C.

Byrd played great so expected that he got a nod.
                    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 01-05-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Jairus Byrd is developing into a great player. It's been fun to watch him grow. Next season should be big for him.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ickybaluky

Players, coaches, fans, and writers don't get to see the whole field, much less every play, of guys they vote for.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JCBills
                          In the sense of single statistics, yes, but that is why they are compiled. Is it 100% accurate? No way. Pretty damn close though. A lot of it is based on assuming a decent amount, like assignments, but after hours and hours of film, tendencies stick out.
                          Tendencies yes, but that doesnt change the simple fact that you can make a stat say anything you want it to.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                            Players, coaches, fans, and writers don't get to see the whole field, much less every play, of guys they vote for.
                            Yes the bolded do.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• clumping platelets

Peters

Comment

Working...
                              X