X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

RB Solution

I am interested to see how the team handles FJax and CJ next year. Freddie seems to be angling for more money and wants to come back in his same role. CJ is younger and proved himself a little more this year and seems to have a bright future. I am not sure CJ is going to be as happy getting 2-3 carries a game again and probably wont want to stick around if Freddie signs an extension.

It's not this teams biggest issue and not a terrible problem to have, but will be interesting to see how it is handled next year.

Do you guys see CJ as a long term solution at RB? I am not sure the Bills would want to give freddie more money and then have him be the reserve RB next year.
  • alnilla
    • Dec 2008

Re: RB Solution

Freddie two more years and then CJ for the future

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Just reading this thread title almost made me laugh.

The solution? It's Fred Jackson, and his left head of the Cerberus in CJ Spiller, then you can toss either Johnny or Tashard on the right side to pick up the scraps.

Fred Jackson is an elite running back. He doesn't have crazy speed, he is barely considered shifty or agile, but the man can catch, he finds the hole, and he drives forwards for the extra yards. His vision alone is phenomenal, he always ends up on the defensive side of the pile, and barring injury would've been the #1 running back for the AFC Pro Bowl team this year.

There is no problem at running back, other than the fact that we need to get Freddy healthy and lock him up. CJ has proved most of us wrong with his play and the 100 yard games. I still don't understand why Marshawn is gone, I still don't understand WHY he was drafted, but I see that he can hit the home run ball.

After that, the regime thought that Tashard could fill in, and that Johnny White was a good project.

If we draft another RB, then I am completely done with Buddy and Chan. If we pick someone up in FA, then great, competition for the 3rd spot, but to say we need a "solution" at RB is asinine. I'd rather fix OLB, WR, OL depth, ILB depth, CB depth... et cetera et cetera...
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• JCBills
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
        Just reading this thread title almost made me laugh.

The solution? It's Fred Jackson, and his left head of the Cerberus in CJ Spiller, then you can toss either Johnny or Tashard on the right side to pick up the scraps.

Fred Jackson is an elite running back. He doesn't have crazy speed, he is barely considered shifty or agile, but the man can catch, he finds the hole, and he drives forwards for the extra yards. His vision alone is phenomenal, he always ends up on the defensive side of the pile, and barring injury would've been the #1 running back for the AFC Pro Bowl team this year.

There is no problem at running back, other than the fact that we need to get Freddy healthy and lock him up. CJ has proved most of us wrong with his play and the 100 yard games. I still don't understand why Marshawn is gone, I still don't understand WHY he was drafted, but I see that he can hit the home run ball.

After that, the regime thought that Tashard could fill in, and that Johnny White was a good project.

If we draft another RB, then I am completely done with Buddy and Chan. If we pick someone up in FA, then great, competition for the 3rd spot, but to say we need a "solution" at RB is asinine. I'd rather fix OLB, WR, OL depth, ILB depth, CB depth... et cetera et cetera...
        Actually I think up until he was injured he was rated the most elusive based on how many people he made miss / number of carries.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JCBills
          Actually I think up until he was injured he was rated the most elusive based on how many people he made miss / number of carries.
          CIN's Brown buys Fred on the (relatively) cheap.
          Last edited by stuckincincy; 01-05-2012, 06:20 PM.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
            That's it in a nutshell.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Wally The Barber
              • Jul 2007

I see a problem coming and I have a feeling the Bills will attempt to low ball Freddy.

Could be a hold out, IMO
              Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Doesn't the new CBA fine guys heavily for holding out? I don't see that happening.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

I hope we trade fred in a deal that gets us to move up for rg3

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2010

yeah hold outs are gone. if you hold out past aug 15th you lose your free agency for the next year. essentially by holding out you franchise yourself for the next season without top 5 money...

Comment

• dannyek71
                      Drink Responsibly
                      • Dec 2004

Fred is in the 30 range is has MAYBE 1-2 years left. Spiller is a bust.

Pick up an UDFA RB and go with that.
                      [

Comment

• Stewie
                        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                        • Aug 2002

if CJ has half a brain, he will realize less wear and tear on him now greatly improves his chance of getting a good 2nd or even 3rd contract, which is getting tougher and tougher every year for running backs.

Plus, Fred Jackson is the better running back and under contract.

This is one of the easiest decisions they have to make.
                        Originally posted by Topdog
                        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        I love Weiner.
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        also cheese

Comment

• sqad5
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by dannyek71
                          Fred is in the 30 range is has MAYBE 1-2 years left. Spiller is a bust.

Pick up an UDFA RB and go with that.
                          Why Even post??
                          >

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Jackson won't end up being re-signed unless he's willing to accept a smaller short-term contract.

He will be the starter next year but I could see CJ getting some more touches based off of the production he showed while Jackson was injured. If for some reason Jackson or the running game starts struggling they will give Spiller more carries to try and give it a spark.

I like Jackson and he has been great but the reality is he's going to be 31 years old next year and we have a young RB who will be in his 3rd year of a rookie contract. Especially seeing that this team isn't anywhere near a level to compete in the playoffs I can definitely see them going with a shift towards the future. Especially if we have a losing record late in the year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Only the Bills would need a solution for the only position on the field in which they have 2 legit NFL starters.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X