PDA

View Full Version : Adele makes Johnson wonder if he'll return to Bills

Syderick
01-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Johnson listen to an Adele song and now he's wondering how is future is going to be with the Bills:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825bc279/article/song-by-adele-makes-johnson-wonder-if-hell-return-to-bills?module=HP11_around-the-league

Crisis
01-05-2012, 09:03 PM
really? drama queen

Albany,n.y.
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I don't see Johnson returning to the Bills for one reason: He's from San Francisco. If he has any opportunity to end up on the west coast, especially with the 49ers or Raiders, he's definitely gone. If not, then I expect to see a Stevie/Marshawn reunion in Seattle if Lynch re-signs with Seattle.
I just spent a week in December in the Oakland area & most people from there view Buffalo as Siberia. If his family is still there, they'll try to convince him to leave the gulag known as Ralph Wilson Stadium where playoff hopes come to die.

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Really Steve? Grow up.

HAMMER
01-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Rediculous!

camelcowboy
01-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Ok im done, if the new England game wasn't breaking point,sign me up for Donald jones #1 wr

better days
01-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't see Johnson returning to the Bills for one reason: He's from San Francisco. If he has any opportunity to end up on the west coast, especially with the 49ers or Raiders, he's definitely gone. If not, then I expect to see a Stevie/Marshawn reunion in Seattle if Lynch re-signs with Seattle.
I just spent a week in December in the Oakland area & most people from there view Buffalo as Siberia. If his family is still there, they'll try to convince him to leave the gulag known as Ralph Wilson Stadium where playoff hopes come to die.

Well, we were told Stevie was willing to sign for 7.5 Mill/yr. If that is true & he is not on the team next year, it is the Bills fault IMO.

Albany,n.y.
01-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Well, we were told Stevie was willing to sign for 7.5 Mill/yr. If that is true & he is not on the team next year, it is the Bills fault IMO.
That was disputed in the media last week. I don't remember who said it but they labeled the $7.5 million as a ridiculously low figure and guessed he was asking for
$9-10 milliion. Either way don't believe everything you hear. The only time we'll ever really know is when Stevie signs & the $ amount of his deal hits the public.

clumping platelets
01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
I've been saying this for weeks.........franchise tag (non-exclusive) and trade to SF for their #1 and cond 2013 is what the future holds

jamze132
01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I've been saying this for weeks.........franchise tag (non-exclusive) and trade to SF for their #1 and cond 2013 is what the future holds
I could live with that, but I doubt SF would think twice about pulling that trigger.

Night Train
01-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Should have listed to Adele's other song.. " Grow Up " .

DMBcrew36
01-06-2012, 05:57 AM
Should have listed to Adele's other song.. " Grow Up " .

He is such a baby/child

k-oneputt
01-06-2012, 06:15 AM

Yeah I'm sure that will happen. Maybe SF will throw in Willis to.

Nobody is going to cough up a 1st rd. pick for SJ.

SabreEleven
01-06-2012, 06:33 AM
So Adele is negotiating Bills contracts?

better days
01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
That was disputed in the media last week. I don't remember who said it but they labeled the $7.5 million as a ridiculously low figure and guessed he was asking for
$9-10 milliion. Either way don't believe everything you hear. The only time we'll ever really know is when Stevie signs & the $ amount of his deal hits the public.

Well, I never saw that myself. That media person may not know what he is talking about if he has no connections to Stevie or the team.

warsawbassman
01-06-2012, 07:36 AM
I like the guy, he's a good receiver, not great. If he walks....so be it. Receivers don't win ****. Is Arizona a super bowl contender every year because of Fitzgerald? What has Houston done with Andre Johnson?? Did giving Evans 8 mil/year turn us around? It's about the QB. Get the QB first, then get him his tools. Untill we get a true franchise QB, we don't, over priced WR's. So long Stevie, go get paid and be a jack ass some where else.

mikemac2001
01-06-2012, 09:11 AM
idk how people can be mad that he got a little emotional cleaning his locker

he doesnt know ig he will be back and it was a huge place in his life. people want to ***** and throw him away bc they dont expect him back

turn on players so quick would hate to work with flip floppers like u

HAMMER
01-06-2012, 09:24 AM
idk how people can be mad that he got a little emotional cleaning his locker

he doesnt know ig he will be back and it was a huge place in his life. people want to ***** and throw him away bc they dont expect him back

turn on players so quick would hate to work with flip floppers like u

Wrong. I have turned on him because he isn't a team player, there is no I in team.

mikemac2001
01-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Wrong. I have turned on him because he isn't a team player, there is no I in team.

A few acts doesnt mean he isnt a team player, or did you miss the 2-3 players running over to him to help lift his shirt.

Ur blind if you think he isnt a team guy, he just made a few dumb mistakes.

OpIv37
01-06-2012, 10:12 AM
A few acts doesnt mean he isnt a team player, or did you miss the 2-3 players running over to him to help lift his shirt.

Ur blind if you think he isnt a team guy, he just made a few dumb mistakes.

He isn't a team guy.

Team guys don't hurt the team by making the same dumb mistake over and over again. He made two huge drops in crunch time, and both times he act immaturely about it on twitter afterward. He got flagged twice this season for celebration penalties, and the second one was after being warned.

Everyone makes mistakes- team players learn from the mistakes and don't hurt the team by making the same mistake over again.

And as far as "flip-floppers"- many people on this site have been critical of Stevie at least since the Pittsburgh drop last year. There was no flip-flopping. Stevie has gradually turned fans against him by his own actions over time.

It's about the team, not the individual players. It's disheartening that some of you who claim to be Bills fans get so attached to individual players that you insist on defending them even when they are hurting the team.

Crisis
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't even care anymore, this is seriously something I'd except from a 15 year old girl's facebook status.

imbondz
01-06-2012, 06:19 PM
what football players can't like Adele. lol

The Jokeman
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Forget the pick if trade him to SF try and get Crabtree in return.

mikemac2001
01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
whatever op

2 drops in clutch

Ive never have heard of his teammates bashing him or calling him out, 73 Recs + 1000 back 2 back years so he does make plays even with a drop here and there

the only issue i have had are the penalties but if you look back after we picked off sanchez in that 2nd jets game i believe Florence was the first to do the crashing jet, they had him getting up from it as he was celebrating but it got no Pub because it wasn't a TD

stevie was fine with his GUN dance but then he made the 2nd move (one that it looks like the team was working on all week) he got nailed for it

then on the shirt deal he wouldnt have gotten a flag if it wasnt a group celebration...but since spiller and someone else ran over to help (again they knew about it and wanted to join in as a team) they got nailed for it

Stevie is young and very flashy he needs to learn but he will the guy isnt dumb and i think chan knows that the only way to hurt him and show him is to keep him off the field.

But please show me something that states he doesnt have his teams back....and his team didnt have his, anything i have ever seen posted our said they are actually a tight knit group on offense. you just want to ***** because you like to *****.

OpIv37
01-06-2012, 09:25 PM
whatever op

2 drops in clutch

Ive never have heard of his teammates bashing him or calling him out, 73 Recs + 1000 back 2 back years so he does make plays even with a drop here and there

the only issue i have had are the penalties but if you look back after we picked off sanchez in that 2nd jets game i believe Florence was the first to do the crashing jet, they had him getting up from it as he was celebrating but it got no Pub because it wasn't a TD

stevie was fine with his GUN dance but then he made the 2nd move (one that it looks like the team was working on all week) he got nailed for it

then on the shirt deal he wouldnt have gotten a flag if it wasnt a group celebration...but since spiller and someone else ran over to help (again they knew about it and wanted to join in as a team) they got nailed for it

Stevie is young and very flashy he needs to learn but he will the guy isnt dumb and i think chan knows that the only way to hurt him and show him is to keep him off the field.

But please show me something that states he doesnt have his teams back....and his team didnt have his, anything i have ever seen posted our said they are actually a tight knit group on offense. you just want to ***** because you like to *****.

2 drops in clutch vs how many catches? 0 that I remember.

and it cracks me up that so many of you are still willing to dismiss what I say as "Op likes to ***** just to *****" when the team has sucked so bad and I've been spot on the majority of the time.

This post is a ****ing joke. They didn't flag Stevie because of a group celebration. They flagged him because he used an item not part of the uniform as part of the celebration, which is an itemized offense in the NFL rule book.

The fact that you would use some bull**** like a "group celebration because another player pulled his shirt up" is absurd. He's a ****ing NFL player- he has the coordination and muscle tone to lift a jersey on his own.

This is EXACTLY what I said in my last post. You are using BS to defend a player that you like despite the fact that he has repeatedly hurt the team, yet you even admit that you have an issue with the penalties.

Come on, man. This guy has hurt the team as much as he has helped. Honestly, I'm ambiguous as to whether or not we re-sign him, because we have a HUGE drop-off at WR behind him. But at the same time, I know we will never win with Stevie as our #1 WR. It's an unfortunate reality, but it is the reality.

You can accept it now, or you can dismiss it as "Op *****ing just to *****" until it kicks you in the nuts when we keep losing. I really don't care.

OpIv37
01-06-2012, 09:27 PM
And one more thing: we don't like "flashy" in Buffalo. We'll accept style if there's substance behind it, but we won't accept style without substance, which is where Stevie is until he fixes the drops and penalties.

mikemac2001
01-06-2012, 11:24 PM
2 drops in clutch vs how many catches? 0 that I remember.

and it cracks me up that so many of you are still willing to dismiss what I say as "Op likes to ***** just to *****" when the team has sucked so bad and I've been spot on the majority of the time.

This post is a ****ing joke. They didn't flag Stevie because of a group celebration. They flagged him because he used an item not part of the uniform as part of the celebration, which is an itemized offense in the NFL rule book.

The fact that you would use some bull**** like a "group celebration because another player pulled his shirt up" is absurd. He's a ****ing NFL player- he has the coordination and muscle tone to lift a jersey on his own.

This is EXACTLY what I said in my last post. You are using BS to defend a player that you like despite the fact that he has repeatedly hurt the team, yet you even admit that you have an issue with the penalties.

Come on, man. This guy has hurt the team as much as he has helped. Honestly, I'm ambiguous as to whether or not we re-sign him, because we have a HUGE drop-off at WR behind him. But at the same time, I know we will never win with Stevie as our #1 WR. It's an unfortunate reality, but it is the reality.

You can accept it now, or you can dismiss it as "Op *****ing just to *****" until it kicks you in the nuts when we keep losing. I really don't care.

Florence did the same ****ing jet crashing on his ****ING INT i don't have the tape but he did it, call him out on it then it was the same thing stevie did but stevie was in the endzone

they all were planning on doing the jet crashing the problem is after the TD he got nailed for it, thats why i am saying it is dumb but not anti TEAM

i also want you to show me where his team has bashed him, he doesnt get the bad pub like TO did in the locker room.....yes he has made mistakes but doesnt mean he isn't a team guy

i am not giving BS reasons either i watched the games and was pissed at both penalties was pissed at those drops

but when chan sat him i said this is for the better (is the guy even 24) and the drops they will happen the problem is he destroyed revis all game and then all he is remembered is for the drop ..........the drop wouldn't have mattered without all his quick solid routes burning revis

and ya OP you are a ****ing *****ier thats what you ****ing do on this board, so you will be called out on it.

the players havent called stevie out for being a ME guy

he has produced better then any WR in back 2 back seasons ever in bills history

He has dropped balls but overall has had solid hands

he is an emotional young and flashy player who wants to give back to the fans but he does realize that just playing hard and solid is enough he doesnt have to be a show off.

did you notice when our Offense went down hill when stevie got sick/hurt now you want to try to find a replacement because he ****ing said happy new years on his shirt or because he dropped one pass on a final drive

or he did a celebration and got caught even though florence did it before hand on the INT the same JET crashing....he was tackled got back up and they flashed to him crashing then got back up...it clicked after stevie did it.

BertSquirtgum
01-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Letting Stevie walk would be one of the finals straws for me.

warsawbassman
01-07-2012, 09:22 AM
As immature as he acts at times, I am also skeptical that he won't pull a Haynesworth after he gets paid.

ServoBillieves
01-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I hate Adele. I really, really hate Adele.

BUT, Stevie is lights out against Revis... and we need that twice a year... Soooo let's try to keep that...

OpIv37
01-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Florence did the same ****ing jet crashing on his ****ING INT i don't have the tape but he did it, call him out on it then it was the same thing stevie did but stevie was in the endzone

they all were planning on doing the jet crashing the problem is after the TD he got nailed for it, thats why i am saying it is dumb but not anti TEAM

i also want you to show me where his team has bashed him, he doesnt get the bad pub like TO did in the locker room.....yes he has made mistakes but doesnt mean he isn't a team guy

i am not giving BS reasons either i watched the games and was pissed at both penalties was pissed at those drops

but when chan sat him i said this is for the better (is the guy even 24) and the drops they will happen the problem is he destroyed revis all game and then all he is remembered is for the drop ..........the drop wouldn't have mattered without all his quick solid routes burning revis

and ya OP you are a ****ing *****ier thats what you ****ing do on this board, so you will be called out on it.

the players havent called stevie out for being a ME guy

he has produced better then any WR in back 2 back seasons ever in bills history

He has dropped balls but overall has had solid hands

he is an emotional young and flashy player who wants to give back to the fans but he does realize that just playing hard and solid is enough he doesnt have to be a show off.

did you notice when our Offense went down hill when stevie got sick/hurt now you want to try to find a replacement because he ****ing said happy new years on his shirt or because he dropped one pass on a final drive

or he did a celebration and got caught even though florence did it before hand on the INT the same JET crashing....he was tackled got back up and they flashed to him crashing then got back up...it clicked after stevie did it.

First, I don't ***** to *****. I ***** because this team gives fans plenty of valid reasons to *****. People like you insist on making it about me because it's easier to dismiss it as the rantings of a disgruntled fan than accept the reality that I am pointing out, but reality always bites you in the ass eventually.

Second, this post is a ****ing joke again. You base your argument on two things: the fact that players don't criticize Stevie and the "fact" that Florence did the crashing Jet in the endzone.

Let's start with the criticism. Neither you nor me are privy to locker room conversations, so we don't know how the other players feel about him. No player has criticized him on the record, but players rarely criticize other players publicly. They handle that **** in the locker room behind closed doors. Just because no player has openly criticized Stevie doesn't mean that they aren't fed up with him and letting him have it in the locker room. More importantly, if other players aren't criticizing Stevie or are defending him, they are as bad as him. Stevie HURTS this team. I don't know why people like you can't see it.

Now, on to Florence. You claim that Florence did the same celebration but wasn't flagged, but you don't have any pics or video of it. No one brought it up in all the discussions on here about the incident. No one brought it up on any of the sports TV shows that were talking about it. So, your whole argument is based on something that no one else seems to recall and that you have no evidence of. Hmmmm.....

More importantly, it's IRRELEVANT if Florence got away with it. The rules say you don't go to the ground. If Florence did it too, then he was just as wrong as Stevie and I hope his teammates and coaches laid into him for it, even if he got away with it. It's every player's job to know what will draw a flag and what won't. Stevie failed to do this regardless of what Florence did or what the rest of the team intended on doing. Anything that results in a 15 yard PERSONAL foul is anti-TEAM because it means the actions of one individual put the entire team in a hole.

And you dismiss it as "he ****ing said happy new years on his shirt" but the reality is that it's against the rules, and he had been penalized and warned by the coaches about it before. Can you not see that guys like this hurt the TEAM? There is no excuse for him not knowing better.

I want him replaced because a) we will NEVER win with Stevie as our #1 WR, and b) he has consistently HURT this team with stupid actions. It doesn't matter how good he is- if he keeps taking flags and making drops at inopportune times, he is as much a liability as he is an asset.

Once again, this is yet another case of someone on this board defending a player that they personally like despite the fact that the player has continually hurt the team. Hopefully Stevie does leave and you can go buy his jersey for his new team, because clearly you are more a fan of Stevie Johnson than you are of the Buffalo Bills.

better days
01-08-2012, 03:25 AM
First, I don't ***** to *****. I ***** because this team gives fans plenty of valid reasons to *****. People like you insist on making it about me because it's easier to dismiss it as the rantings of a disgruntled fan than accept the reality that I am pointing out, but reality always bites you in the ass eventually.

Second, this post is a ****ing joke again. You base your argument on two things: the fact that players don't criticize Stevie and the "fact" that Florence did the crashing Jet in the endzone.

Let's start with the criticism. Neither you nor me are privy to locker room conversations, so we don't know how the other players feel about him. No player has criticized him on the record, but players rarely criticize other players publicly. They handle that **** in the locker room behind closed doors. Just because no player has openly criticized Stevie doesn't mean that they aren't fed up with him and letting him have it in the locker room. More importantly, if other players aren't criticizing Stevie or are defending him, they are as bad as him. Stevie HURTS this team. I don't know why people like you can't see it.

Now, on to Florence. You claim that Florence did the same celebration but wasn't flagged, but you don't have any pics or video of it. No one brought it up in all the discussions on here about the incident. No one brought it up on any of the sports TV shows that were talking about it. So, your whole argument is based on something that no one else seems to recall and that you have no evidence of. Hmmmm.....

More importantly, it's IRRELEVANT if Florence got away with it. The rules say you don't go to the ground. If Florence did it too, then he was just as wrong as Stevie and I hope his teammates and coaches laid into him for it, even if he got away with it. It's every player's job to know what will draw a flag and what won't. Stevie failed to do this regardless of what Florence did or what the rest of the team intended on doing. Anything that results in a 15 yard PERSONAL foul is anti-TEAM because it means the actions of one individual put the entire team in a hole.

And you dismiss it as "he ****ing said happy new years on his shirt" but the reality is that it's against the rules, and he had been penalized and warned by the coaches about it before. Can you not see that guys like this hurt the TEAM? There is no excuse for him not knowing better.

I want him replaced because a) we will NEVER win with Stevie as our #1 WR, and b) he has consistently HURT this team with stupid actions. It doesn't matter how good he is- if he keeps taking flags and making drops at inopportune times, he is as much a liability as he is an asset.

Once again, this is yet another case of someone on this board defending a player that they personally like despite the fact that the player has continually hurt the team. Hopefully Stevie does leave and you can go buy his jersey for his new team, because clearly you are more a fan of Stevie Johnson than you are of the Buffalo Bills.

You have often criticized the Bills ability to procure talented players in the past Op. I don't understand why now you have faith they would be able to replace Stevie with anyone that is as talented as he is.

Yes he has had a few drops & cost the team with his celebrations but IMO he is also a young guy that will only get better. I want to see him mature in Buffalo myself.

YardRat
01-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Great. Our supposed #1 WR is still struggling with puberty.