PDA

View Full Version : Jets/Sabres GDT

OpIv37
01-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Refs give the game to the Jets with two really questionable calls late in the 2nd. It gave Winnipeg a 5 on 3 and the equalizer, and they're still on the PP when the 3rd starts.

Sabres are only good for one good period a game and that was it. Expect a 4-1 loss.

rbochan
01-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Primary assist goes to the refs for that one.

OpIv37
01-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Primary assist goes to the refs for that one.

agreed. Both of those calls were really weak. Bad calls happen, but two within seconds to give the other team 1:50 of 5 on 3? inexcusable.

OpIv37
01-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Refs screw us again with a quick whistle on that "no goal."

This sucks. Usually we don't play well enough to win. Today, we are playing well enough to win, but the refs are hell-bent on screwing the Sabres.

Giving Winnepeg even one point really hurts.

PTI
01-07-2012, 08:37 PM
This whole game has just been awful by the refs, I mean, they even got in the way several times to stop Buffalo including Hecht late. That was totally a goal by Leino.

Leino by the way played well tonight, but Kaleta looked like almost a real player with skill and speed tonight, maybe the best Sabres player on the ice aside from Enroth.

OpIv37
01-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

PTI
01-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Refs screw us again with a quick whistle on that "no goal."

This sucks. Usually we don't play well enough to win. Today, we are playing well enough to win, but the refs are hell-bent on screwing the Sabres.

Giving Winnepeg even one point really hurts.

Well, giving a team ahead of you in the standings 2 points at home looks pretty bad, this team needs regulation wins at home against the 6th-11th seeds every time. Bare minimum is OT 2 points.

This turned out awful.

PTI
01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Too many shots on goal given up, and too many times in front of the net and the Sabres don't score.

Sabres gave a better effort tonight than in a while, and they lose.

Something better change. What we have is not working.

Cleve
01-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Definitely need changes in the roster or in coaching. Sabres have only gotten 3 points in their last 3 games - they're just lucky they've been playing the bottom half of the league their last few games rather than any elite teams.

SkateZilla
01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Meanwhile, Briere scores 3, and fights for philly,

PTI
01-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Meanwhile, Briere scores 3, and fights for philly,

If that doesn't show the change in mentality of playing for a different coach I don't know what does. He got the OT winner. That fight was just after he got out of the penalty box for interference, he fought the guy that drew the interference penalty on him.

rbochan
01-08-2012, 06:43 AM
In his last 5 starts. Enroth's gotten a whopping 6 goals in support from his team.

Philagape
01-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Enroth after the game: "We just need to battle back here and make a push to the playoffs."

My avatar now applies to the Sabres.

Cleve
01-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Sabres are now 7th from the bottom of the league in points.

Looking at those stats from last night - kind of ugly - this is not Vancouver or Boston they're playing - the Jet's are 10 from the bottom in points. But still, Sabres managed to get out-shot by 9, and ELEVEN more giveaways! WTF!!!!

Enroth has been playing decently - but when his offense can only make 6 goals in 5 games, he'd have to maintain a sub-1.0 GAA in order to win. Buffalo is also 7th worst in the league in total goals scored so far this season.

Doesn't appear there's going to be any miraculous second-half turn around this year like last year. First thing the Sabres should be doing is giving walking papers to both Roy and Stafford - those guys are killing the lineup - I don't understand why Ruff didn't figure out that Roy should go LAST year when the team started doing better when he was out on injuries.

GreedoII
01-08-2012, 09:24 AM
it's the coach..period...

SkateZilla
01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Enroth after the game: "We just need to battle back here and make a push to the playoffs."

My avatar now applies to the Sabres.

Playoffs? dont talk to me about the playoffs.

Cleve
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately, Jhonas, you've got nothing to battle with. Miller has become a slightly below average goalie, Stafford and Roy are poison for the team, and the team has no scoring ability.

I just don't understand why Ruff and Rieger aren't shaking the place up.